[ROM] [ICS] [B952] INFUSION [CM FEATURES] [B06]

Guest tillaz

Guest Upayidance

I have a problem with the andorid keyboard, when i hold down to get the menu for more options of input on that key, ie holding down . to get , ? ! = etc i have to slide my finger more to the left than of the option i want to choose it. i can still choose everything its just those extra key menues seem to be more off than what the screen displays, anyone had this problem?

Guest PandaThing

This is by FAR the best ROM i have used, and probably have been using it for longer now than any other rom. just a few questions.

Is there any way to disable volume key unlock? I find myself changing volume and then locking the phone rather than unlocking it.

Is there any chance of getting the new android keyboard (4.2 stock) built in in a future update? I've been trying to install myself, but I'm getting nowhere.

Is there a particular reason the stock launcher nova free rather than apex free (considering apex free is more feature rich)

Has anybody been having any trouble with juice defender in this rom? Not disabling/ enabling mobile data and wifi.

But still, this is the best ROM out there :)

Guest Pain_Deluxe
Hey, I have a weird bug. I think it is not the storage bug, because in settings->storage the default location stays at SD all the time. BUT even though it is staying there, still when installing apps from the market they are installed internally and I have to move them with links2sd every single time... Strange isn't it. Any suggestions?

Also, all my apps, etc have been moved from the internal 2GB SD card to my external 32GB SD card... at the moment this seems to be working fine but I just wondered if this was normal? I hadn't realised this would happen.

Doesn't matter for most apps. How are you finding out where they are installed?

1. You've got it, only thing I'd change about top_score's explanation is that the term 'Launcher' generally refers to the whole application - home screens, app draw and all... you can get pretty interesting ones such as Launcher 7 (which makes your phone look like WP7), Apex and Nova (which are ICS+ only), and older ones like GO Launcher, Launcher Pro, ADW. You may even be able to find a copy of the Huawei launcher that came stock with the phone somewhere, although I'm not sure why you'd want to - try Apex, Nova, GO, see which you prefer and buy the Pro version of your favorite if you want to. As a general rule, launchers are quick, easy and safe to install from the Play store. There's some instructions in the OP for 'flashing' launchers, which means installing them to the /system partition, which is where launchers run best from (kinda like installing an operating system on an SSD rather than your data drive). It's not a necessity but recommended once you've decided which you want to use.

2. Where were you doing this before? As far as I know, both applications push data to your device so it should effectively come instantly. You can turn sync on/off in the settings.

3. Not sure. Can you replicate the problem, find out when it does/doesn't work? Try sending yourself emails using gmail on your desktop, whilst turning on/off 3G and WiFi. With the apps open/closed. With them in the foreground/background.

Edited by 00Mark

Is there a dialer in B05?

yes,

Hi all

So, I’m a day into Infusion and, for the most part, love it. The only points I have picked up on are:

(1) App drawer - Cannot rearrange my app drawer. Fix: I understand that I can resolve this by using Nova Prime or another launcher.

(2) Sync setting – I cannot seem to find any way to set the frequency of syncs for accounts, e.g. Facebook Messenger, Gmail, etc. Fix? TBC

(3) Missing some notifications – This may be linked to (2), but I am receiving emails into Gmail and messages into Facebook without any notifications appearing on my phone. However, notifications are set up for the apps. Fix? TBC

Does anyone have any suggestions about how I could resolve these problems?

Thanks!!

(1) its not broken, just the way most launchers are... get go launcher from the market, if free and has what your looking for

(2) how often an app syncs its data is normally in the apps settings, but for me gmail automatically gives me a notification the second an email is sent

(just tested this by sending my gmal account an emal)

(3) like above gmail notification is working fine for me, but i haven't used Facebook for a long time so don't know about that

Hey, I have a weird bug. I think it is not the storage bug, because in settings->storage the default location stays at SD all the time. BUT even though it is staying there, still when installing apps from the market they are installed internally and I have to move them with links2sd every single time... Strange isn't it. Any suggestions?

maybe the apps that don't automatically move to sdcard are apps that don't support it,

meaning you have to force move them manually as i know not all apps can be moved normally in android, but things like link2sd can force move them,

its normally things like launchers and widgets, things that should not be moved

Guest captainvice

Hi Tillaz,

Just wanted to pass on my MASSIVE thanks to you for your incredible work on this rom. It transforms the G300 into something amazing for the price, and as far as I am concerned it is the only reason this phone is relevant. As soon as I have some funds in my paypal I'll be buying you a beer.

Also, I don't know how you have the patience to deal with all the repetative questions. You take all the time to make the rom, provide constant updates and people can't be arsed to read a few pages on a forum. C'mon people READ the first post, and if you're still stuck go 5 pages back from the end of the thread. Every question you have will be answered by the time you get to the front. And while I'm at it, stop bugging asking for updates - have you never been told it's rude to ask ! ;-)

Dave

It's not, I can connect to any other site via the WiFi from my router, I can mention that YT worked like a charm with B03

hmm, YouTube works fine for me,

but i do know the error you are taking about as i get this when my internet is restricted because of going over my fair use policy

(only web browsing is allowed in between 4pm and 12mp) but that's on t-mobile, turning my internet on and of makes it work

i guess that's not the case for you if your connected to wi fi,

not sure why its not working, it is for me, try resenting your internet

strangely enough i have just updated the phone that had the problem with "storage reverting / not set to sdcard at boot"

to B05 and it was set to sdcard....

i wonder if disabling the setup wizard had anything to do with this ??? :huh:

anyone else with the same problem noticed that when updating to B05? basically was your default storage set to sdcard with this update,

rather than normally been internal ?

Guest andy.hyde4

strangely enough i have just updated the phone that had the problem with "storage reverting / not set to sdcard at boot"

to B05 and it was set to sdcard....

i wonder if disabling the setup wizard had anything to do with this ??? :huh:

anyone else with the same problem noticed that when updating to B05? basically was your default storage set to sdcard with this update,

rather than normally been internal ?

I've never had the storage reverting problem but when I first booted on build five it was set to Internal even though as standard it has been on SD by default for the last few builds

Favorite contacts not working, when you go to contacts, pick one and enable that little star on top right corner, then reenter contact - star is disabled. Ment to be that way or just a bug?

look where all your apps are

did you flash the theme straight after the rom, without a reboot ?

Yea I flashed one after the other with out reboot... is this where my problem lies?

Thanks.

Guest top_score

Yea I flashed one after the other with out reboot... is this where my problem lies?

Thanks.

Probably.

I always flash a rom, then let it fully set up. Reboot to make sure it's fine. Reboot to apply flashable things e.g. theme, kernel etc.

I also only flash one thing at a time to make sure everything works, then flash the next thing. it takes longer but you can confirm each flash works before you move onto the next, and actually saves time in the long run if you encounter problems.

I also do a nandroid backup before each flash, a bit excessive but it guarantees I've got a working rom just in case it goes tits up.

Guest top_score

Is there any way to disable volume key unlock? I find myself changing volume and then locking the phone rather than unlocking it.

On the first page click

MISCELLANEOUS ADD-ON'S

Spoiler SHOW

REMOVE VOLUME WAKE LOCK

There is a flashable thing to disable it.

Guest Pirex69

Hi Tillaz,

I´m with B05 since 1st day, and as usal made full wipes.

I think this version is a bit laggy, special when google play installs or update anything. Return button is also not so fast as it was until B03. Gallery some times freezes. Can this be because of that thing about Google play and Desire HD?

Caller Id stills buggy :)

Should I reinstall the Rom?

Thks again

Pirex

Edited by Pirex69

I have exactly the same problems. B03 was the best ROM (smooth without lag).

In B03 windowsmgr.max_events-per-sec was 150 and with B05 it is 240. Is it not to much ?

Edited by yayane

Hi Tillaz,

I´m with B05 since 1st day, and as usal made full wipes.

I think this version is a bit laggy, special when google play installs or update anything. Return button is also not so fast as it was until B03. Gallery some times freezes. Can this be because of that thing about Google play and Desire HD?

Caller Id stills buggy :)

Should I reinstall the Rom?

Thks again

Pirex

none of the above problems found here, also made a full wipe and clean install everything from scratch, everything working fine and smooth

I have exactly the same problems. B03 was the best ROM (smooth without lag).

In B03 windowsmgr.max_events-per-sec was 150 and with B05 it is 240. Is it not to much ?

it probably is to high, change it back to 150

but believe me when i tell you, that is the only change related to performance form the original B03

as B05 "is" actually the original .zip with minor things changed, build.prop and an image in the framework

but believe me when i tell you, that is the only change related to performance form the original B03

as B05 "is" actually the original .zip with minor things changed, build.prop and an image in the framework

So why is full wipe needed?

So why is full wipe needed?

to remove the things that where causing the problems in B04...

and because not everyone is coming from the most recent versions, someone could be coming from the first version that was based on B926

it saves me asking people if they did a full wipe

Guest Pirex69

I also changed to 150. let´s see if there are improvements eh eh eh

thks