[ROM] [ICS] [B952] INFUSION [CM FEATURES] [B06]

Guest tillaz

Guest Mario_Cardoso

I'm installing the rom now.

Edit: Rebooting!

Edit 2: It has rebooted while setting up the wifi!

Edit 3: Ok. I can't enter in Storage Settings... It force closes.

Edit 4: Explorer App says that SDCard is not mounted.

Edited by Mario_Cardoso

Guest jsevi83

I'm surprised of the way some people complain about the storage bug, tillaz spent lots of time trying to fix it, but still few users have this problem.

Since I don't have this problem with my phone, even on stock roms, I think it may be related to your specific sdcard or the apps you have installed. Again, most people don't seem to have the storage bug, check the poll.

I'm installing the rom now.

Edit: Rebooting!

Edit 2: It has rebooted while setting up the wifi!

Edit 3: Ok. I can't enter in Storage Settings... It force closes.

Edit 4: Explorer App says that SDCard is not mounted.

you might need to use adb to push the original files back to the system partition, then reboot and it should be back to normal

see what you can do from recovery first though

Guest Mario_Cardoso

I have two G300 phones and three SDCards. One Card is Kingston Class4 and the other two are Samsung Class4 also. I can't even change Storage in settings because I don't have that option.

you might need to use adb to push the original files back to the system partition, then reboot and it should be back to normal

see what you can do from recovery first though

Ok, thank you! Edited by Mario_Cardoso

Guest merchan

Great job tillaz and thanks for the screen rotation change.

I still don't understand the trouble people are getting with storage. Mine is default to the external sdcard (since I'm using this rom starting at B05) and I can move apps to it with no issues using the default android app manager. The internal storage (or internal SD) becomes unused but I really don't care since the internal storage for apps is more than enough for my installed apps plus I can move them to the external sdcard.

Edited by merchan

Guest Mario_Cardoso

Ah... tillaz, I need help please! I have reinstalled your rom but it kept the Force Close when I try to open Storage Settings. I don't know how to use ADB. What can I do please?

Guest edwardecl

OTA update don't work for me goes into recovery and says it cant find the location...

No big deal, removing my SIM card this time so it don't automatically use 3G data without my permission like it did last time as this hasn't been addressed.

Hope it all goes well :).

No big deal, removing my SIM card this time so it don't automatically use 3G data without my permission like it did last time as this hasn't been addressed.

Its not addressed, as it happens in stock ROMs as well.

If you have data on your plan, you'd be unlucky for it to use 1mb in set up anyway.

Ah... tillaz, I need help please! I have reinstalled your rom but it kept the Force Close when I try to open Storage Settings. I don't know how to use ADB. What can I do please?

just re-download the rom and install it, if you cant mount the scard via recovery to add the newly downloaded rom

you will need to copy the untouched rom to the scard using another phone / card reader

then put the card back in the phone and install

Guest Mario_Cardoso

just re-download the rom and install it, if you cant mount the scard via recovery to add the newly downloaded rom

you will need to copy the untouched rom to the scard using another phone / card reader

then put the card back in the phone and install

Now I'm feeling very stupid. I reinstalled the Rom but with the changes you told me to do. Shame on me.

I will try again with a original Infusion B07. Sorry tillaz. And thank you again!

Guest alexslane

@tillaz thanks mate for all your help, as you know I went through a bit of a process to get it rock solid and overclocked seems that the omegamoon kernal did not like your from, now using GenoKola's kernal and its rock solid @ 1304 MHz and no random reboots since 7am this morning.

Thanks for all your efforts

Chris.

Guest Mario_Cardoso

I'm running again, although with the storage issue yet. But I can live with that.

Thanks tillaz for your time and dedication. You are awesome!

Guest Ludak021

i can ignore it all i, what..

sorry, but what the f**k do you expect me to do... look at the poll, more people "don't" have this problem, than people that do...

i have tried everything i can think of to fix it for the people that do have the problem... and nothing has worked...

go use the stock rom and it will also revert... if you say it dose not then stick with that rom...

i don't know what you expect of me... i have tried everything i can think of, i don't know why its not working for you and other people...

but please someone tell me... how can this be a problem with the rom if 70% "don't" have the problem?

you missunderstood me, I don't expect you to do anything, you did what you can. I just dislike your tone when you say that it's our fault that we have this problem in the first place and "go read that post, it's your fault if you don't follow it" kinda attitude. I followed every post of yours, even installed that redundant format app thinking to my self "hey, I doubt there is a new format tech that this app can have but I can give it a go, maybe some miracle happens" and ofc it did nothing. Problem lays elsewhere, and it's not your fault. I am just pointing out that the solution you are insisting does not work for me, at probably for others with the same problem which I assume is related to all people that have it, and % wise, looking at your poll lot's of people have it, one third if not more actually (% based from your poll).

and please, since you implemented it, can you tell us how to disable volume keys powering up the screen? That you can do methinks :)

Guest Ludak021

I'm surprised of the way some people complain about the storage bug, tillaz spent lots of time trying to fix it, but still few users have this problem.

Since I don't have this problem with my phone, even on stock roms, I think it may be related to your specific sdcard or the apps you have installed. Again, most people don't seem to have the storage bug, check the poll.

well you must be misreading the poll info then, 30 out of 90 people have this problem. Think of it as 30000 out of 90000 if you base it on %. Most people you say? That's not even an issue...But, still, Most of the peopl eis not the right term for it. I'd say, based on poll info, lot's of people have this problem. I am not saying it's Infusion ROM's fault, far from it.

Guest Ludak021

ok,, third post here in a very short time, I know BUT I think I found the solution to SD trouble! This worked for me:

I installed the swap patch that Tillaz linked for B06 (name is storage-fix.zip). This alone just swapped internal SD for external SD (renamed sdcard2 to sdcard and viceverse). I used this on B06, had no choice of changing the preferred storage or moving to SD option but it worked.

on B07 it works the same way. Before using it on B07 I tried the patch Tillaz linked, didn't work. "only-for-people-with-internal-as-default.zip" worked only until reboot.

What does work is flash storage-fix.zip, reboot into rom, then go to cwm again and flash "only-for-people-with-internal-as-default.zip" and now you have your SD card as internal storage and option to change it and move to SD even after reboot.

I hope this works for all of you with SD troubles. :)

Guest Jaisan888

Ever tried colornote? Been using it for ages, it has wonderful widgets and supports checklists

I for one always delete the notepad from the ROM before install and download the ColourNote at a later stage as an option.

Secondly, to those who install their .zip files using CWM-Easy-Installer v4.0.1.5, maybe try using CMW v5.0.2.8. You may have WiFi issues with v4, maybe other issues which are as yet not known.

Edited by Jaisan888

well you must be misreading the poll info then, 30 out of 90 people have this problem. Think of it as 30000 out of 90000 if you base it on %. Most people you say? That's not even an issue...But, still, Most of the peopl eis not the right term for it. I'd say, based on poll info, lot's of people have this problem. I am not saying it's Infusion ROM's fault, far from it.

even if the the poll was 50/50 it would still prove its not a problem with the rom its self or we would all have the problem...

its got more chance of been related to your base (last official update.app) or sdcard as theses are the only differences between are set-ups at first boot...

i recommend people use B926 official update then flash this as its what i'm on with no problems

Guest Ludak021

even if the the poll was 50/50 it would still prove its not a problem with the rom its self or we would all have the problem...

its got more change of been related to your base (last official update.app) or sdcard as theses are the only differences between are set-ups at first boot...

i recommend people use B926 official update then flash this as its what i'm on with no problems

there is no official b926 update on huawei site, only ICS B934. If I am wrong, please prove me wrong by providing a link. Here is the support page I am referring to: http://www.huaweidev...tId=3940&tb=0);

no B926 there. This is another thing with you advanced guys, you just refer to everything like everyone else knows everything you do, We don't. I used ics update from that page (linked above) and flashed your ROM B06 on top of it (I did all wipes, cleans, formats etc. described in your instruction page). That is my base for your ROM. I have no idea where to find B926 ROM to start with.

edit: just so there is no misunderstanding: I am not saying you ROM is to blame for my problems. I never DID say that.

But if there is a problem with official ROM we are installing you should probably refer the issue and point us in the right direction if it's not too much trouble for you. ;)

Edited by Ludak021

there is no official b926 update on huawei site, only ICS B934. If I am wrong, please prove me wrong by providing a link. Here is the support page I am referring to: http://www.huaweidev...tId=3940&tb=0);

no B926 there. This is another thing with you advanced guys, you just refer to everything like everyone else knows everything you do, We don't. I used ics update from that page (linked above) and flashed your ROM B06 on top of it (I did all wipes, cleans, formats etc. described in your instruction page). That is my base for your ROM. I have no idea where to find B926 ROM to start with.

its the first post in the fourm, its pinned

[GUIDE] How to install and root ICS 4.0.3 on the G300 (B926/HSPA:11)

Guest The White Sock

Never...

I going to make a fully clean update of your ROM and I'll give a try.

The one with the circle widget is really attracting... ;p

you missunderstood me, I don't expect you to do anything, you did what you can. I just dislike your tone when you say that it's our fault that we have this problem in the first place and "go read that post, it's your fault if you don't follow it" kinda attitude. I followed every post of yours, even installed that redundant format app thinking to my self "hey, I doubt there is a new format tech that this app can have but I can give it a go, maybe some miracle happens" and ofc it did nothing. Problem lays elsewhere, and it's not your fault. I am just pointing out that the solution you are insisting does not work for me, at probably for others with the same problem which I assume is related to all people that have it, and % wise, looking at your poll lot's of people have it, one third if not more actually (% based from your poll).

and please, since you implemented it, can you tell us how to disable volume keys powering up the screen? That you can do methinks

i get sick of answering the same questions every day, and get sick of fixing a problem that only seems to work for half the users...

no wonder my attitude dose not come across as appealing... see how you feel when you deal with this stuff everyday,

and its annoying when people say its a problem with the rom, when its clearly not...

at least 70 people don't have the problem, including me...

it can only be the sdcard or base (mine is B926) <<< theses are the only differences between users

i wont have time for this now anyway.. iv got a new tablet and phone on the way