HELP: Touch screen won't work at all!

Guest Ritvesh

Guest Ritvesh

I had an issue with my zte skate, the touch screen was not working well initially it was touching icons randomly where i did not touch.

After some times, the phone stop responding; the touch does not work at all.

I purchased a new touch from eBay but when i installed it, the problem was still there.

I have two zte skate, both are having the same problem.

Hopefully, the second one does not have a fully dead touch, It works partially (still have random touch issue with it.

Could you please help me :(

Guest Ritvesh

I was actually able to flash it to Swedish Snow RLS7 and he phone is still the same; no working touch.

I was able to flash this new Rom by using TPT. (Image folder on SD -> place in phone -> Pess menu, VOL+, Power -> green text appears showing update process)

Edited by Ritvesh

Guest Ritvesh

I was on Bluemonte.

When i opened the mobile phone, I could see that the flex connecting the digitizer to the main board was slightly bent due to a small piece of plastic sticking out of the digitizer frame; this was the case with both zte skate i have.

As i mentioned before, one of the skate's touch is completely broken and one of them randomly 'touch' part of the screen.

I will try to contact the eBay seller and have a replacement.

Guest Ritvesh

So, finally i figured out what was wrong and why the digitizer was not working.

I tried the digitizer on a phone with original orange ROM and the digitizer worked perfectly; but when i flashed that same phone with ICS(latest update 28/06), the phone stopped responding; the touch did not work at all.

I cannot find the explanation to this 'phenomenon'.

Any help would be much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest iKrautDroid
Guest sainteedean

ive recently started having this problem aswell, i press one key on the keyboard and a bunch of random letters come up! First started when i was using MokeeOS v1.10 and now with AOKP CM9 rom. Cant think for the life of me what it could possibly be

• 4 months later...
Guest Katharina

ive recently started having this problem aswell, i press one key on the keyboard and a bunch of random letters come up! First started when i was using MokeeOS v1.10 and now with AOKP CM9 rom. Cant think for the life of me what it could possibly be

I'm having this problem too along with certain small parts of the screen being insensitive to touch. The thing is that I'm using the stock ROM and have never flashed the phone. It's been unlocked but that all. Is it a back to the retailer job to see if they'll fix it?