Phone Constantly Rebooting Itself

Guest beautifulily

Guest beautifulily

first make sure the phone is well charged. Leave over night on the charger.

then i'd try flashing a TPT again. Make sure you have the right one and that you hold: vol+ and home down and power on together until you see the progress bar.

need folder on root of sd card called image and a tpt file called image.bin

hopefully that'll get you into CWM to flash a rom.

Failing that when I've really trashed it, I've flashed an original TFT from ZTE which takes it back to orange branding.

Chris

How can I rebrand my phone?

Guest MadEye Moody

You could try a TPT. I use chris231's 220-10-210 one

Since you cannot boot your phone, you'll need to find a way to get the image/image.bin to the sdcard like using a card reader.

Guest MadEye Moody

How can I rebrand my phone?

As I understand, rebranding without CWM involves flashing the TPT from ZTE. If TPTing will work, then it would be easier to flash a TPT without the branding.

Guest beautifulily

You could try a TPT. I use chris231's 220-10-210 one

http://www.modaco.co...70-tpt-for-sf2/

Since you cannot boot your phone, you'll need to find a way to get the image/image.bin to the sdcard like using a card reader.

Tried that one a while ago, and it got to around 99%. It said error, then update successful and then it stopped constantly rebooting, and started just getting stuck on the Android logo. CWM didn't work on it.

Guest beautifulily

As I understand, rebranding without CWM involves flashing the TPT from ZTE. If TPTing will work, then it would be easier to flash a TPT without the branding.

The TPT from ZTE?

Guest MadEye Moody

The TPT from ZTE?

Yup. It might take a bit of googling skill to find that. It takes a long time to download as well.

Have you tried Amphora's TPTs for the crescent?

If you are able start TPT flashing, then there is some hope i guess

Edit : find zte mobile's site and get to their orange sanfrancisco ii page, its some where around there

Edit 2 : I have not flashed the zte's TPT myself, just downloaded it

Edited by MadEye Moody

Guest chris231

OK, looks like there is little to lose now....

download this:

http://www.zteuk.co....29175590904.zip

extract the image.bin file

get your sd card out and wipe everything off it, you need to be sure it's readable by the phone.

the battery must be well charged or this WILL fail.

put the image.bin file in a folder called image on the root of sd card.

have the battery out of phone while your sorting the sd card in the pc

now turn on while holding vol up and home. hold them all down until you see the progress bar, then let go.

hopefully it will fix it. after this I'm not sure.

fastboot maybe if drivers are sorted....

Edited by chris231

Guest beautifulily

Yup. It might take a bit of googling skill to find that. It takes a long time to download as well.

Have you tried Amphora's TPTs for the crescent?

If you are able start TPT flashing, then there is some hope i guess

Edit : find zte mobile's site and get to their orange sanfrancisco ii page, its some where around there

Edit 2 : I have not flashed the zte's TPT myself, just downloaded it

I don't think I have tried Amphora's TPTs.

You mean the downloads on this site?

Guest beautifulily

OK, looks like there is little to lose now....

download this:

http://www.zteuk.co....29175590904.zip

extract the image.bin file

get your sd card out and wipe everything off it, you need to be sure it's readable by the phone.

the battery must be well charged or this WILL fail.

put the image.bin file in a folder called image on the root of sd card.

have the battery out of phone while your sorting the sd card in the pc

now turn on while holding vol up and home. hold them all down until you see the progress bar, then let go.

hopefully it will fix it. after this I'm not sure.

fastboot maybe if drivers are sorted....

I did everything you said, and it didn't work - the black screen comes up with green writing, but it just says 'error!' repetitively. In fact, it doesn't even say error. The bottom half of the word 'error' is always cut off.

Guest chris231

sounds really bad....

only thing left I can think of is to get drivers working and try adb and fastboot the image over to it.

may not work though since normally the above would cure it.

take it your using the SD card that came with the phone. If so that's OK, if not, sometimes the sd cards don't play nicely.

Guest beautifulily

sounds really bad....

only thing left I can think of is to get drivers working and try adb and fastboot the image over to it.

may not work though since normally the above would cure it.

take it your using the SD card that came with the phone. If so that's OK, if not, sometimes the sd cards don't play nicely.

Adb doesn't agree with my phone. My laptop doesn't recognise my phone. Nah, I'm not using the SD card that came with my phone. It was only 2GB.

Guest chris231

if you have another sd card that would be worth a try, some don't play nicely for some reason.

Adb fastboot works best (i've found) from linux computers since you don't have to do all the driver install rubbish. So if you can get hold of one or maybe boot your pc using a memory stick with linux on it (maybe ubuntu + the adb fastboot programs) you might have a chance.

After that, I'm out of ideas.

Someone else might be able to come up with something else.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest beautifulily

Thanks for all the help, guys! I ended up taking my phone to the Orange shop where I told them the phone was faulty to start off with. They sent a replacement the next day :) I really wish I thought of that sooner.

Oh, and I couldn't install Linux on my laptop, so ... that didn't really work.