-DELETE THIS-

Guest mack_

Guest mack_

Any idea how i could hide the fact that i kinda wiped it myself?

All suggestions welcome :)

update#:it is fixed apparently,i havent picked it up yet.

..............................................................................................................

Also i was planning to make a backup of the B882 rom with all the voda crapware and stuff and upload it to solidfiles...if they have fixed it properly that is...

Any one interested ,if i upload it or should i not worry?

+ 1 if you want it...

Edited by mack_

Guest dragpyre

Any idea how i could hide the fact that i kinda wiped it myself?

All suggestions welcome :)

Use middle package, flash B882, upgrade to B885 OTA and say that ever since you got B885 you've had the issues. Also point out the lack of notification toggles and vodafone apps. Should be enough. What I'm doing anyway. The guy in Vodafone accepted all that :3

Guest mack_

You could say that the build quality is not good, creaky edges, blah blah blah.

btw DID I MENTION I HAD THE PHONE FOR ALMOST THREE MONTHS ? LOL

Guest mack_

Use middle package, flash B882, upgrade to B885 OTA and say that ever since you got B885 you've had the issues. Also point out the lack of notification toggles and vodafone apps. Should be enough. What I'm doing anyway. The guy in Vodafone accepted all that :3

Yep all done but i flashed sebs rom (b882 zip file) but im unrooted and on stock recovery so im just hoping they don't realise and i even managed to get back the original boot image...anyone know what else i can do to make it even more solid?

Guest mack_

I went in the secret menu and i think there might be a problem...in the network setting bit,before it used to show that the operator was voda and the country was gb but now it shows that the operator is huawei and the country bit just say normal .,................?

Guest dragpyre

I went in the secret menu and i think there might be a problem...in the network setting bit,before it used to show that the operator was voda and the country was gb but now it shows that the operator is huawei and the country bit just say normal .,................?

Unless its going back to the factory, they won't check that in store.

Guest mack_

Unless its going back to the factory, they won't check that in store.

phew lets hope so *fingers crossed*...hopefully ill get a replacement,if not ill just install B926 and go back to Infusion ^_^

worst that can happen is they say no

Good News just used the phone since i flashed sebs zip and then the OTA update..the camera doesn't work and therefore i can blame the issue on their update and say it broke my phone.

Edited by mack_

Guest mack_

I will update you guys tomorrow ,if i am successful or not...hopefully they're in a very understanding mood

SUCCESS!!!!.....I think

Went in store,told the the camera stopped working and the contacts cant be restored and i also pointed out the lack of notification toggles.

The guy sent it off for repair(which should take max. 2 weeks he said...hopefully not though ^_^ )

Now im just going to keep checking the progress on the website, and bug the with emails ;)

P.S. If you're planning to go in-store to return or ask for a repair, makes sure you take every single piece of paper work you were given(receipts,emails and leaflets) ....the guy at store said it makes their job easier and saves you the hassle.

Edited by mack_

Guest FrankieADZ

going to have to return my phone too, the wifi isnt working :(

its getting the IP address and everything but isnt connecting to the internet;does connect but only last for a couple a mins then kinda disconnects(got wifi on never sleep)..it lights up as if its connected but it isnt.

wondering what they'll say about it. :(

(isnt not my router either.)

Edited by FrankieADZ

Guest FrankieADZ

has anyone got the apps or vendor file which has the toggles and vodafone apps please?

i havent got the toggles or the apps(downgraded to B882)

Guest mack_

has anyone got the apps or vendor file which has the toggles and vodafone apps please?

i havent got the toggles or the apps(downgraded to B882)

yh you just report that the wifi is the main fault and then there is a bit where the store can add more info on the problems....as long as you have all your paperwork, everything should be straight forward.

P.S. not point installing the update.app for the vendor stuff,just tell the the phone randomly reset itself (i said that was the 3rd time) and you'll be fine

Good Luck

Edited by mack_

Guest FrankieADZ

yh you just report that the wifi is the main fault and then there is a bit where the store can add more info on the problems....as long as you have all your paperwork, everything should be straight forward.

P.S. not point installing the update.app for the vendor stuff,just tell the the phone randomly reset itself (i said that was the 3rd time) and you'll be fine

Good Luck

the dowgrade went ok....just need the vodafone stuff :(

how did u do urs?

*trying to upgrade to 885....taking forever :(..tho i doubt it will have the vodafone apps i need.

can anyone else help me please?

Edited by FrankieADZ

Guest mack_

the dowgrade went ok....just need the vodafone stuff :(

how did u do urs?

*trying to upgrade to 885....taking forever :(..tho i doubt it will have the vodafone apps i need.

can anyone else help me please?

there is no way to get the voda app and the toggles back unless ou have a back up....of the original stock rom

if you were running ics,then we are in the same situation... i managed to get to B882 then updated to B885 like 5 times (thought i was doing something wrong but the vendor.app wasnt even in the rom i downloaded fro huawei-they get added by the vendor sadly)

I just gave up and blamed it on the random resets... :)

Guest FrankieADZ

there is no way to get the voda app and the toggles back unless ou have a back up....of the original stock rom

if you were running ics,then we are in the same situation... i managed to get to B882 then updated to B885 like 5 times (thought i was doing something wrong but the vendor.app wasnt even in the rom i downloaded fro huawei-they get added by the vendor sadly)

I just gave up and blamed it on the random resets... :)

did sebs stock 892 rom have the vodafone apps within?

Guest mack_

did sebs stock 892 rom have the vodafone apps within?

I flashed the B882.zip then update to B885 via OTA update but i couldn't update to B892 through OTA or the Update zip(No voda apps so the update.zip couldn't find any trace of Vodafone stuff so the update just failed)

I dont htink it has the vendor file...just the dload folder (all the stock roms on the huawei website dont seem to have the vendor files for some reason)

Guest FrankieADZ

i just checked the b892 files..there no vodafone apps within sadly

cheers for that.

just finished doing a B885...version with a few vodafone apps thrown in....the toggle thing isnt at the top tho :(

oh well. gonna have to stay with that i think

Edited by FrankieADZ

Guest mack_

cheers for that.

just finished doing a B885...version with a few vodafone apps thrown in....the toggle thing isnt at the top tho :(

oh well. gonna have to stay with that i think

best way is just to leave it that i think , trying to fix it might actually make it worse. :ph34r:

Edited by mack_

Guest mack_

Well they have dispatched it from the store,so i think that is a good sign now ill just have to wait and see if they can actually fix it

could take a few weeks apparently (good thing i still have my galaxy young or else i would be in p**sed off)

Guest mack_

I don;t understand this thread. Did you upgrade to ICS and are having problems?

yes but then i downgraded back to B882 to get all the latest updates and wait for ICS but i downgraded and the phone went bezerk(wouldn't let me update to B892 via OTA or force the update.zip) and then i realised i had broken the phone completely when notifications toggles weren't there,my contacts wouldn't restore from a .vcf back up and the camera stopped working :wacko:

Guest Hogweed

The camera issue is confusing but the lack of toggles is what you get if you flash without the vendor file. No mystery there. You should have been able to restore your pre ICS upgrade backup after the downgrade and everything including toggles would have been fine. If you didn't have one then that's a mistake!

Edited by Hogweed

Guest mack_

The camera issue is confusing but the lack of toggles is what you get if you flash without the vendor file. No mystery there. You should have been able to restore your pre ICS upgrade backup after the downgrade and everything including toggles would have been fine. If you didn't have one then that's a mistake!

i had a back up atomic mod but i didn't have one for B882/5 so i was kinda f***ed :( ...but apart from that everything else works but i couldn't upgrade to B892 after i flashed the update on B882 to B885,so i was stuck with a brokenish B885..so i went to the Voda store to get it fixed and i checked the status online but it hasn't arrived at their tech factory(whatever the call it) <_<

Guest Hogweed

What's needed is for someone to upload a clean CWM flashable Vodafone stock B892 complete with the vendor bit. Just wondering why you didn't just restore your backup of Atomicmod after downgrade?