[DEV] [JB] [CM10] [4.1.1] CyanogenMod 10 for the Huawei Ascend G300 [ROM] [Last updated: 26/08]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest Rattonboy

What? (i don't speak english very good)

What Dazzozo means is that he at the moment doesn't know. It is a ROM that is in development so there is bound to be an reboots. I use it daily but i know that it has some bugs and somethings don't work. I also had a wifi crash and phone rebooted in my pocket randomly. And i don't recall Dazzozo saying that the wifi crash is fixed.

What Dazzozo means is that he at the moment doesn't know. It is a ROM that is in development so there is bound to be an reboots. I use it daily but i know that it has some bugs and somethings don't work. I also had a wifi crash and phone rebooted in my pocket randomly. And i don't recall Dazzozo saying that the wifi crash is fixed.

Nice to hear it's not just me that gets pocket reboots, though curiously mine does not seem totally random, it appears to happen whenever I'm in a particular 1 mile section on a train line I use daily which makes me think some external factor is at work..... have no idea how to toubleshoot this so any ideas greatly appreciated.

As a starter I might go back to Huawei ICS this weekend and see if it goes away, at least I then know it's a CM10 issue.

Guest Rattonboy

Nice to hear it's not just me that gets pocket reboots, though curiously mine does not seem totally random, it appears to happen whenever I'm in a particular 1 mile section on a train line I use daily which makes me think some external factor is at work..... have no idea how to toubleshoot this so any ideas greatly appreciated.

As a starter I might go back to Huawei ICS this weekend and see if it goes away, at least I then know it's a CM10 issue.

I used my phone for facebook then locked it as normal put it in my pocket and voila phone restarted. first time it has happened i think.

Guest Chris Banks

I'm using Coldfusion at the moment, and get pocket reboots too at the same place when walking to work. Funnily enough it is also near train tracks, but I wonder if it's more likely to do with a mobile network tower. Wouldn't know how to find out why it reboots really.

Guest olie3146

Hi firstly let me say hats off to you for creating such a great version of jb

I only have one small problem so far and that is the backlight doesn't seem to turn off (when put into idle) I noticed on page 10 you worked out a fix (or hack as you put it :)) and a few people said that they could then turn it off.... am I missing something, is there a setting somewhere? or is this being fixed in the next release?

Many thanks, and keep up the good work

Guest bladebuddy

I posted about my phone making a screaming sound during a call a few weeks ago. This was very close to a railway tunnel. The phone froze and I had to pull the battery, I recon if I left it longer it would of rebooted, so there maybe something affecting our phones near train lines. As it seems strange that this as happened to a few people now.

Hi firstly let me say hats off to you for creating such a great version of jb

I only have one small problem so far and that is the backlight doesn't seem to turn off (when put into idle) I noticed on page 10 you worked out a fix (or hack as you put it ) and a few people said that they could then turn it off.... am I missing something, is there a setting somewhere? or is this being fixed in the next release?

Many thanks, and keep up the good work

Can you run "cat /proc/app_info" for me and give me the output? The hack is dealt with in the LCD driver and it probably just means you have a different LCD.

Eventually it'll be fixed properly.

Thanks

than i will wait until camera is working

For as long as I have my G300 I'll be working on a device config for it.

Since this is a dev rom, camera/bluetooth are low priority... He will get them working at some point though

Guest olie3146

Can you run "cat /proc/app_info" for me and give me the output? The hack is dealt with in the LCD driver and it probably just means you have a different LCD.

Eventually it'll be fixed properly.

How exactly do I do that?

Good work. I try the latest version.

The only thing is that in this ROM I have a WiFi MAC different from stock.

This is a bug?

Greetings

Edited by Kra1o5

Guest Applefruit500

Working:

• Mobile Data - 3G/2G
  • Network and RIL
  • Sound
  • Sensors
  • Live Wallpapers
  • Wi-Fi
  • ADB
  • Google Now / Voice Search
  • USB Mass Storage

Not Working:
    • All Camera features
    • Bluetooth

Other Issues:

[*]UI being a little slow (the display stuff is still quite new)

[*]Audio routing is a bit off

What exactly is wrong with the camera features and has it been fixed?