[DEV] [JB] [CM10] [4.1.1] CyanogenMod 10 for the Huawei Ascend G300 [ROM] [Last updated: 26/08]

Guest Dazzozo

I think I've found a better solution to the backlight issues, I'm just yet to test it.

That's great, if you need someone to test the update just ask.

Keep up the great work and I'll add rep point when I figure out how to do it :lol:

Guest Frankish

I was secretly hoping for a new build today as it's one month since the last one. I'll be honest not tried the previous build and probably won't until it's at least fixed with audio routing. I just get carried away with the whole development process love watching it unfold.

Guest popoyaya

Coming to CM10 from Infusion, the UI here is just perfectly smooth and jitter-free, with hwcomposer.msm7x27a.so removed, nova launcher installed and overclocked to 1267mhz. Apart from the slight half second lag in responsiveness I can't see how the smoothness could be improved.

Still can't create APN settings though, so no data on Ovivo (Vodafone) UK network.

Daz, seeing as we're asking, how's the audio routing? Upstream fix required? Last I saw you had that AudioPolicyManagerBase.cpp error. re-migrating to ion?

...Does it sound like I know what I'm on about? lol

Edited by tcpaulh

Right, the dhd hack worked, but it led to another 40 errors of the same kind, and I'm not hacking the entire module. I either need a solution to allow the module to load (reverting whatever is necessary to 3.0.8 in the kernel, more hacks, etc.) or I need actual bcm4330 source code that works.

Daz, seeing as we're asking, how's the audio routing? Upstream fix required? Last I saw you had that AudioPolicyManagerBase.cpp error. re-migrating to ion?

...Does it sound like I know what I'm on about? lol

I don't think anyone else is going to fix it. In fact I think I'm the only one working on a 7x27a device for CM10 currently (there's a Sony kernel starting out, I think). I'll see what the situation is now.

I only really know the roles ion plays in display and not audio, though I think it is involved in some way. I eventually managed to get the msm7x27a libs to compile, they just didn't do anything but break sound completely.

I know every dev hates being asked for release dates, but when can you bless us with an updated rom?

never

there you go, no expectations now

Guest Fagulhas

Daz, Samsung Tuna uses bcm4330 and from what i can tell, they use the bcmdhd driver just fine.

https://github.com/C.../BoardConfig.mk

# Wifi related defines

BOARD_WPA_SUPPLICANT_DRIVER := NL80211

WPA_SUPPLICANT_VERSION := VER_0_8_X

BOARD_WPA_SUPPLICANT_PRIVATE_LIB := lib_driver_cmd_bcmdhd

BOARD_HOSTAPD_DRIVER := NL80211

BOARD_HOSTAPD_PRIVATE_LIB := lib_driver_cmd_bcmdhd

BOARD_WLAN_DEVICE := bcmdhd

WIFI_DRIVER_FW_PATH_PARAM := "/sys/module/bcmdhd/parameters/firmware_path"

#WIFI_DRIVER_MODULE_PATH := "/system/lib/modules/bcmdhd.ko"

WIFI_DRIVER_FW_PATH_STA := "/vendor/firmware/fw_bcmdhd.bin"

WIFI_DRIVER_FW_PATH_P2P := "/vendor/firmware/fw_bcmdhd_p2p.bin"

WIFI_DRIVER_FW_PATH_AP := "/vendor/firmware/fw_bcmdhd_apsta.bin"

https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_device_samsung_tuna/blob/jellybean/device.mk
BOARD_WLAN_DEVICE_REV := bcm4330_b2

WIFI_BAND := 802_11_ABG

$(call inherit-product-if-exists, hardware/broadcom/wlan/bcmdhd/firmware/bcm4330/device-bcm.mk)

Kernel source is here: https://github.com/C...ng_tuna/tree/jb

Would love to help but no device tree made public yet from you ;)

never

there you go, no expectations now

I think it's great that Dazzozo has this attitude. If he converses with people in real life the same way that he does with others on this forum, it's hard to imagine him being able to make (or keep) very many friends. With fewer friends to distract him, the more free time he has to work on this ROM! :P

Edited by foobert

Guest dt_matthews

I think it's great that Dazzozo has this attitude. If he converses with people in real life the same way that he does with others on this forum, it's hard to imagine him being able to make (or keep) very many friends. With fewer friends to distract him, the more free time he has to work on this ROM!

quote of the month

I think it's great that Dazzozo has this attitude. If he converses with people in real life the same way that he does with others on this forum, it's hard to imagine him being able to make (or keep) very many friends. With fewer friends to distract him, the more free time he has to work on this ROM!

LOL