[DEV] [JB] [CM10] [4.1.1] CyanogenMod 10 for the Huawei Ascend G300 [ROM] [Last updated: 26/08]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest Dazzozo

hostile? erm, I think you used the 'hostile' language ('stupid'), had I been able to download it from the market I would not have posted but I just get a not available in your region/country msg with no install option...

I didn't call you stupid? I said the idea of the Google apps zip containing every Google app would be stupid?

Maybe actually stating your reasoning before making wild assumptions would help next time.

*woah pageking*

Guest anything-but

Try taking the SD card out and putting the dload folder on the phones memory and doing the power-/+ way. Know a few peeps who did that because their SD card got moody

:)

Guest dt_matthews

I didn't call you stupid? I said the idea of the Google apps zip containing every Google app would be stupid?

Maybe actually stating your reasoning before making wild assumptions would help next time.

*woah pageking*

You're not reading very carefully, I didn't say you called me stupid, if you can't/won't contribute anything on the issue, why bother posting? Edited by dt_matthews

Guest Dazzozo

You're not reading very carefully, I didn't say you called me stupid, if you can't/won't contribute anything on the issue, why bother posting?

I did contribute? The Google apps zip can't (and typically have no reason to) contain a large amount of their apps. That's a contribution, right there. It may not be one you like, but it's a contribution.

You didn't need to act so offended by me stating that in the first place. What else can I say? A solution to your problem would be to sideload it, but if you can't get it from the market you're SOL. That's just it, unless you want to grab an APK from elsewhere.

Edit: I guess I won't even bother addressing people's problems in the future. Thanks for the lesson.

Guest dt_matthews

I did contribute? The Google apps zip can't (and typically have no reason to) contain a large amount of their apps. That's a contribution, right there. It may not be one you like, but it's a contribution.

You didn't need to act so offended by me stating that in the first place. What else can I say? A solution to your problem would be to sideload it, but if you can't get it from the market you're SOL. That's just it, unless you want to grab an APK from elsewhere.

Edit: I guess I won't even bother addressing people's problems in the future. Thanks for the lesson.

I wasnt offended, but I thought you were shooting me down for asking a question - I thought the point of open source software was to encourage learning and to be collaborative, passing knowledge, in a gracious way, is an awesome thing, barking out knowledge is not.

Guest Dazzozo

I wasnt offended, but I thought you were shooting me down for asking a question - I thought the point of open source software was to encourage learning and to be collaborative, passing knowledge, in a gracious way, is an awesome thing, barking out knowledge is not.

No, I stated my point by showing the reasoning at an extreme - if the zip contained everything. I didn't bark knowledge at anyone.

I'm fairly sure this was just a misunderstanding.

Meanwhile, CM10 just got its boot animation and thank god it's not 20mb this time.

[media=]

Guest anything-but

Apart from when's the next release,what do you think'll take priority out of camera/bt dazz?

Edited by anything-but

Guest Dazzozo

Bluetooth first, cameras are usually handled last in a device's CMifying. As we're going from ICS to Jelly Bean the camera(s) shouldn't be too painful.

Bluetooth is typically easy, though the fact we never had it working worries me a little. :P

Guest naghtan

Bluetooth first, cameras are usually handled last in a device's CMifying. As we're going from ICS to Jelly Bean the camera(s) shouldn't be too painful.

Bluetooth is typically easy, though the fact we never had it working worries me a little. :P

Hey Dude! you are really fast!

them.. after the BT, camera... what more do you think need for Helly Jean become perfect... Accelerate Hardware UI? Overclock?

Im expecting next release to try it hard!

Them... you want donation or the spanish holidays? not answer yet! :P

Guest Red:Eagle

I hope you gonna fix camera soon, after that, this ROM will be for dally use :) Great job you done. Thanks

Guest dt_matthews

No, I stated my point by showing the reasoning at an extreme - if the zip contained everything. I didn't bark knowledge at anyone.

cool, I dont want to have a running spat, I'm sure we both have much more productive things to do - [fist-bump]

LOVE the new boot-ani :)

Edited by dt_matthews

Guest rosco-85

Why can't I view the video for the new boot animation? Says it is 'private'.

Edit: It's working now!

Edited by rosco-85

Guest mr.twad

hostile? erm, I think you used the 'hostile' language ('stupid'), had I been able to download it from the market I would not have posted but I just get a not available in your region/country msg with no install option...

You should be able to use this to download google music. I'm sure there are plenty of other ways but it maybe easiest if you regularly need things in other regions. I have been using it flawlessly for years now.

http://amip.tools-for.net/wiki/android/marketaccess

Guest buddn07

Is there any news on the audio being re-routed?

All phone calls go through the loudspeaker when I was using this over the weekend. I've restored back to ICS for the time being, but this is the only thing stopping me from using as my daily rom.

Guest Potatoes

so many want CM10, but so few donations :/

A lot of people are probably waiting. I'm sure there'll be more donations when it's fully working. I mean, I want CM10 but currently I'm using Infusion and I've donated towards that, when I replace Infusion with CM10 I'll be more than happy to donate and I'm sure others who use it will too :)

Guest tracasan

You can see the names on the first page ;-) "Hall of Donaters"

i was asking about the amount that's usually donated... i don't wanna seem cheap when i'll eventually do it :P

Edited by tracasan

Guest Santa Claus

Hi Dazz,

ADB drivers are now installed but now I am stuck with the following errors when trying to root the phone (with unlockbootloader.exe) while being in recovery:

C:\Users\Nisse\AppData\Local\Temp\hwadb shell

cd /data/local~ # /tmp

cd /data/local/tmp

/sbin/sh: cd: can't cd to /data/local/tmp

~ # ./mempodroid 0xd524 0xab8f sh

./mempodroid 0xd524 0xab8f sh

/sbin/sh: ./mempodroid: not found

~ # mount -o remount,rw -t ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p12 /system

mount -o remount,rw -t ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p12 /system

mount: mounting /dev/block/mmcblk0p12 on /system failed: Invalid argument

~ # cat /data/local/tmp/su > /system/xbin/su

cat /data/local/tmp/su > /system/xbin/su

/sbin/sh: can't create /system/xbin/su: nonexistent directory

~ # chown 0.0 /system/xbin/su

chown 0.0 /system/xbin/su

chown: /system/xbin/su: No such file or directory

~ # chmod 06755 /system/xbin/su

chmod 06755 /system/xbin/su

chmod: /system/xbin/su: No such file or directory

~ # cat

It was mentioned in some guide to uncheck fastboot, but where and how can do it? As I always gets stuck at the Huawei logo I was thinking if this may be the reason for not managing to flash either b926 or b934? I have not tried to flash any earlier ROM's.

I appreciate any suggestions how to proceed into to testing your great CM10 work.... Now the SIM card appears to be dead (tried a second one that works so it was not software related in CM9...)

Thanks!