[DEV] [JB] [CM10] [4.1.1] CyanogenMod 10 for the Huawei Ascend G300 [ROM] [Last updated: 26/08]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest Dazzozo

It's already done. Its never been a problem. No hacking needed - Huawei may suck but CM doesn't.

At the moment I'm doing some pretty big changes to the kernel. RIP my phone.

The slowness currently isn't caused by hardware acceleration, it isn't the be-all-and-end-all that people make it out to be.

Guest skobywan

It's already done. Its never been a problem. No hacking needed - Huawei may suck but CM doesn't.

At the moment I'm doing some pretty big changes to the kernel. RIP my phone.

The slowness currently isn't caused by hardware acceleration, it isn't the be-all-and-end-all that people make it out to be.

Threw a little something in your donation account there Daz. I'll put some more in once I get a working build :o

Edited by skobywan

Guest naghtan

What? them Helly bean it is Hardware Accelerated ui on? Already? or next launch?

best regards.

Guest spikeh

I see that omegamoon's kernel has the camera fixed by genokolar and you've added Qualcomm's GPU drivers. I look forward to the next release. :) Great work everyone.

Just stumbled upon this,looks great but just testing infusion for a few weeks but i will be looking forward to this once official ics is out

great work Daz.

Edited by mack_

Guest Dazzozo

Can camera be fixed by flashing omegamoon's kernel?

No. Stop. This is nothing you can fix by flashing random kernels.

The kernel used doesn't have the problems omegamoon's initial kernel had, he overly stripped it down and accidentally removed a used camera driver. Other than that, only some other minor issues such as flash are fixed there.

The libcamera hasn't been done yet, the ROM has no camera support.

how without any hacking ?

Because the device is completely capable of it. I'm not constrained to certain limits as I don't hack stock ROMs.

Any chance of a new testing build updated with your last work daz? *.*

I plan on releasing something after another fix.

Guest tillaz

Because the device is completely capable of it. I'm not constrained to certain limits as I don't hack stock ROMs.

i know its capable of it... like most other phones, but i was asking how its working without any hacks on CM... i never mentioned stock rom's.

just wondering because its broke on most builds iv seen, even on cm9 for my currant device

and most iv seen that do have it working have been hacked

I'm not constrained to certain limits as I don't hack stock ROMs.

well that's kind of not true, because the video camera may never work and possibly other things

Guest Dazzozo

i know its capable of it... like most other phones, but i was asking how its working without any hacks on CM... i never mentioned stock rom's.

just wondering because its broke on most builds iv seen, even on cm9 for my currant device

Why would I need to hack CM? MSM7x27A is an active platform that is being fully maintained by Code Aurora. It's just a case of... switching it on. https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_hardware_qcom_display/tree/jellybean

I mentioned stock ROMs as I assumed your interest was due to desire to fix it in Infusion.

It was working on the old ZTE MSM7x27 devices, I would be really surprised if it wouldn't work here.

Guest tillaz

Why would I need to hack CM? MSM7x27A is an active platform that is being fully maintained by Code Aurora. It's just a case of... switching it on. https://github.com/C.../tree/jellybean

I mentioned stock ROMs as I assumed your interest was due to desire to fix it in Infusion.

It was working on the old ZTE MSM7x27 devices, I would be really surprised if it wouldn't work here.

i wasn't doubting you, just asking...

it makes you wonder why its so hard for huawei to include it in the first place, and keep there customers happy

Guest Dazzozo

i wasn't doubting you, just asking...

it makes you wonder why its so hard for huawei to include it in the first place, and keep there customers happy

I know you weren't, I just don't see why people act so surprised.

I really don't know what's going on with Huawei ROMs, I'm fairly sure they're trying to build with it, but it's just not there in the end result. Any idea what the huge performance boost was in B934?

Edit: it's 6am? oh man

Guest Twiglets

Hi everyone! Well done Dazzozo!!

Please will somebody explain in detail about the baseband thing. I'm using stock b892. What is the baseband and why doesn't it change with the ROM (I'm guessing it does change with changing stock ROMs though?).

So if I do install CM10 (I haven't yet), what are the exact steps do safely go back to b892 with my backup, do I have to install a stock ROM then my backup or just restore backup??

Thanks guys :-)

The baseband changed between gingerbread and ice cream sandwich. You can't switch between the two without also switching baseband.

Daz is using the ics baseband for Jelly Bean also.

There's a pinned guide on the manual method, also explaining the risks, and the much safer "middle file" method.

Edited by fr0do