Back key stoped working

Guest mausuras

Guest mausuras

Hi all

I have a problem, the back key on my ZTE Racer stoped working and is not software problem cause i alredy changed the rom and is still broke, so the other day i had a idea to use other key to do the back function, but i dont know how, can someone give me some pointers???

I know about computers and use linux on daily bases, just need to know how can i modify a rom to make volume down or even better the "end call" key to have back function

Thank you

Sorry for my poor english

Guest mausuras

So after some digging i think i found out how to fix my problem, in any rom there is a file in /system/usr/keylayout/mooncake_keypad.kl that has this content

key 115   VOLUME_UP		 WAKE_DROPPED

key 114   VOLUME_DOWN	   WAKE_DROPPED

key 231   CALL			  WAKE_DROPPED

key 107   ENDCALL		   WAKE_DROPPED

key 102   HOME			  WAKE_DROPPED

key 59	MENU			  WAKE_DROPPED

key 158   BACK			  WAKE_DROPPED

key 226   HEADSETHOOK	   WAKE

If i change to this i think i can have the result i want

key 115   VOLUME_UP		 WAKE_DROPPED

key 114   VOLUME_DOWN	   WAKE_DROPPED

key 231   CALL			  WAKE_DROPPED

key 107   BACK		 WAKE_DROPPED

key 102   HOME			  WAKE_DROPPED

key 59	MENU			  WAKE_DROPPED

key 158   BACK			  WAKE_DROPPED

key 226   HEADSETHOOK	   WAKE

I will lose the ENDCALL function but i really dont need it anyway there is a button for that in the caller app, can someone please confirm that this will fix my problem??? i will try it anyway as soon im of the work and get home

Edited by mausuras

Guest mausuras

I have 1 more question, its kinda urgent but i know probably i wont get the awnser in time :P

If i unzip the rom change the file can i zip it without signing it again(i dont know how to sign)??

Or can i do it over SSH (i dont really know how but im working on it)??

Or is any other way even do it in the phone itself??

As i know myself i will badword the phone before i get an awnser i just hope i dont make it unbrekable :P

Guest mausuras

you can just zip it back, not a big deal.. and yeah, you can do it via adb too, pull to pc, edit, push back to phone and reboot

Nah i have to sign it, trows an error:

E: signature verefication failed

Installation aborted

Im sorry to bother you but could you change the keylayout on your rom and put BACK on 107 sign it and sent it to my email i will send it by PM pleaaaaaaaaase

Many thanks

EDIT: you PM box is full maybe we can arrange some sort of dropbox kinda of deal

Edited by mausuras

Guest mausuras

W00T W00T Its done, even better than brand new since i never really like that softkey when i had a hardkey just to end calls.

ADB did the trick altough it was kinda tricky to make it work in archlinux

thanks equi for the rom and for the help

Topic solved

Guest mausuras

W00T W00T Its done, even better than brand new since i never really like that softkey when i had a hardkey just to end calls.

ADB did the trick altough it was kinda tricky to make it work in archlinux

thanks equi for the rom and for the help

Topic solved

Guest equiliym

EDIT: you PM box is full maybe we can arrange some sort of dropbox kinda of deal

:ooooooooooooooooooo

also glad you sorted it out.. was busy at work today, sorry for late response

• 4 weeks later...
Guest redhawkuk

Just out of curiosity does "WAKE_DROPPED" assigned to a key refer to the fact that pressing it won't wake up the phone from sleep but "WAKE" will??

I'm wondering if it was possible to wake up the phone from sleep via the Call / Call Cancel button instead of pressing the power button.

Richard S.

Guest redhawkuk

Actually no it doesn't, according to Google when a key is used to wake the handset this key if defined as WAKE will be registered however if defined as "WAKE_DROPPED" the key is ignored but wakes up anyway.

That's really useful to know but at the same time pointless since Android phones as far as I'm aware can only wake up with the power button.

Does any know whether it is possible to wake the phone from sleep via CALL / END_CALL or is this a limitation within the Kernel??

Richard S.