[MOD] [SCRIPT] Multiboot via loop file [19/12]

Guest Snap.IT

Guest gunapriyan

Mr.Snap, I had download Konsta 15/9 and updated. And Burstlam CM10 also with my hand. Yesterday i had tried to make both of them by multiboot. But after prepared, android screen hangs....Please suggest.

Hi ! Great idea, this loopfile !

I just did a fresh install of cygwin to test it.

I had to modify the makelooprom-cygwin script to add "fi" on line 32 and 62.

I also had to install packages "perl", "cpio", "zip" and "ncurses" (for "clear" command). Those where not installed with cygwin's "default" package selection.

I have a question though, to make sure I understand this correctly. You say that once the process is over, I have to flash the ROM in recovery. Why can't I just run the batch script then ? Do you have to run a "host ROM" that is compatible with this chain loading method ? Once I flashed this ROM and create other loopfiles, I won't have to flash them and I'd just run the shell scripts, right ?

Thanks for all the work, very promising !!! Even more once the app is available, then you'll go mainstream !

1. Thanks for the heads up, i'll fix that.

2. I'm going to change the script so that it will install directly into the loop file at the end of the script, but for now all roms must be installed via recovery.

It'll take a day or so, i just got back and i need to reinstall my computer because of a bad upgrade. I think i'll be going back to debian now, it seems i always do. :D

Mr.Snap, I had download Konsta 15/9 and updated. And Burstlam CM10 also with my hand. Yesterday i had tried to make both of them by multiboot. But after prepared, android screen hangs....Please suggest.

I've used KonstaT's JB for upgrade and Burstlams CM10 for fresh loop install, both work fine for me and without further information i really don't know what you're doing wrong.

For upgrades, answer no to creating new system and data and use the old loop file names for system and data image names, type n to NOT format data. Other than that it's the same as making a new loop install.

2. I'm going to change the script so that it will install directly into the loop file at the end of the script, but for now all roms must be installed via recovery.

Oh OK, I just got it... It's the updater-script that does all the mounting job... I should have thought of it before...

Oh OK, I just got it... It's the updater-script that does all the mounting job... I should have thought of it before...

For install, yes after installation it's init.rc.

Getting it to install was the easy part, getting it to boot was the hard part.

I found how the kernel mounts loop files when i was looking at do_mounts when fixing a recovery.

After you're done converting your ROM and the packages you'll find all important stuff in the multiboot folder within the MakeLoopROM directory, just copy the whole folder to the root of your SD-card

Just tried flashing yesterday and it failed. I checked my multiboot directory and the loopfiles where not there (should have checked before flashing...). In fact, the cygwin script creates the loopfiles in the MakeLoopROM folder, not in the multiboot folder.

This is not totally related, but since I have problems running the script through cygwin, I thought I'd give the android version a try. But trying to "adb root" into my device fails. I'm running Burstlam's 6.8.0, and apparently it's boot.img is secured so I don't have adb root access (and no options under "developper options" to turn it on).

Can I just use any other ICS boot.img and push it onto my device, or will this mess everything up ?

Guest Majkl007

I'm too stupid to do this :-(

It took me 2 hours and terminal don't like me and also instalation of cygwin. Maybe I'm too old for this advanced things.I like CM9 and CM10, after trying this I will stay on CM7 (because I need streamed sportTV and it will never works on ICS or JB) :-(

But this script is very good job for many people. Thanks.

I'm too stupid to do this :-(

It took me 2 hours and terminal don't like me and also instalation of cygwin. Maybe I'm too old for this advanced things.I like CM9 and CM10, after trying this I will stay on CM7 (because I need streamed sportTV and it will never works on ICS or JB) :-(

But this script is very good job for many people. Thanks.

For the easiest possible way to do it, use the Android script or try Tilals app for it which you can find in this thread.

I'm remaking the cygwin script because there are problems with it.

I could not boot any of my loopfiles. When I try with the cygwin script, always the same symptom : green android, then back to recovery. I gave Tilal's app a try (v 4.10, it's the latest I believe), and stuck on the green android.

My actual rom is Burstlam's 6.8.0, and I tried to flash Burstlam's JB, Konstat's JB, and ColdfusionX (the only ICS I tried).

I really don't know what hints I could give to debug this, everything seems to go fine until I try to really boot the ROM.

I could not boot any of my loopfiles. When I try with the cygwin script, always the same symptom : green android, then back to recovery. I gave Tilal's app a try (v 4.10, it's the latest I believe), and stuck on the green android.

My actual rom is Burstlam's 6.8.0, and I tried to flash Burstlam's JB, Konstat's JB, and ColdfusionX (the only ICS I tried).

I really don't know what hints I could give to debug this, everything seems to go fine until I try to really boot the ROM.

Try with the android script, it's known to be working and gives output that could help decode the problem.

You'll have to use terminal for it though so i'd suggest changing file names to something easy to remember.

I've used it to install all of what you're trying, some squadzone rom, PA ICS and two different JB's and it worked just fine on all of them.

It's as easy as:

1. su

2. cd /sdcard/MakeLoopROM

3. sh makelooprom-startup

And follow the instructions, there are two examples in this thread, one for fresh install and one for an update install.

If it installs fine via recovery it should work just fine and if you use my android script it will tell you if you get something wrong. (most common is mistyping the name of your system and data loop files).

OK I'll give it a try. Do you do this in Terminal Emulator or do you use adb shell ? I tried with adb shell but I don't have root access (the reason for my previous post), so I guess I can only try term emulator now ;)

OK I'll give it a try. Do you do this in Terminal Emulator or do you use adb shell ? I tried with adb shell but I don't have root access (the reason for my previous post), so I guess I can only try term emulator now

Depends where i am, if i'm at work or at home i use adb shell but it's fairly easy to use the terminal emulator for it. I just rename the zip's to something that isn't too long like for Paranoid Android latest JB i used pa-system and pa-data for the loop files and i renamed the rom file to pa-jb.zip, that way i don't have to type all that much and it's easy to remember the name.

However, if you SHOULD forget the name you can always multitask and switch between a file manager and the terminal. :)

Make sure you have the latest version of my script (v6).

Wow, it works !!!!

My thumbs hurts, but it works ! I just installed cfx with success !

Gotta try to get my ext partition to mount with s2e now, but I'll do that in the train tonight ;)

Ah, I tried with Moldovan 9 but it did not work. The updater script has automatic Gen1/Gen2 detection which breaks the makeloopromscript (there are two boot images and they are not named "boot.img")

I'll include a cleanup script in my next version with four choices, remove system, data and ROM directory under loop-roms or all of it.

Naturally, you can't be running the ROM you want to remove

Guest gunapriyan

Dear Snap,

Success. Thanks for your effort. Now i am using CM10-Konsta (15/9) as NAND and CM10-Burstlam as Loop Rom.

1. Now Mr.Konsta released 27/9 ROM. I need to upgrade my NAND. Can i use your "Upgrade" procedure?

2. I shall be happy if you could provide "Delete" Loop ROM feature.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Guna

Edited by gunapriyan

Dear Snap,

Success. Thanks for your effort. Now i am using CM10-Konsta (15/9) as NAND and CM10-Burstlam as Loop Rom.

1. Now Mr.Konsta released 27/9 ROM. I need to upgrade my NAND. Can i use your "Upgrade" procedure?

Just flash it like any other Nand ROM.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, Done.....

And Is there any problem to use Paranoid JB as Loop ROM?

Guna

For me, I get device not found when I try to convert both paranoid android and burstlam's JB.

I think there was problem with Pa before also but can't convert burstlam's jb.

Using Android script.