[MOD] [SCRIPT] Multiboot via loop file [19/12]

Guest Snap.IT

Guest jjk_charles

Starnge, but on my ubuntu 12.04 32bit I see just "don't find command" writing.

docck@docck:~$ cd ~/Downloads/zte/MakeLoopROM/

docck@docck:~/Downloads/zte/MakeLoopROM$ sudo ./makelooprom

[sudo] password for docck:

sudo: ./makelooprom: команда не найдена

docck@docck:~/Downloads/zte/MakeLoopROM$

Is it really that I don't need any add-ons for my system?

use "chmod +x makelooprom" - that file (and other executable scripts) are missing the execute permission...

Actually, I was about to post regarding this..

@Snap.IT

Can you TAR those files rather than zipping them, so that file permissions will be preserved?

Guest Snap.IT

use "chmod +x makelooprom" - that file (and other executable scripts) are missing the execute permission...

Actually, I was about to post regarding this..

@Snap.IT

Can you TAR those files rather than zipping them, so that file permissions will be preserved?

Quite right, i didn't think about that when i made the zip, i just chose zip because it'll work in both windows (for cygwin users) and in Linux.

Guest Snap.IT

Found a util for windows called winDD, i'll check it out and include it in the next version if it's of any use. That will fix the problem with not being able to create the loop files on windows.

I've built makebootfs and makebootimg for android and will include them along with a script that works on android in the next release.

I'll make the next release a tar version along with a zip version for windows users, this is to preserve file permissions.

Any other suggestions are most welcome. :)

Guest Snap.IT

Right. A bit of feedback. And some good news.

For JB roms /sdcard/ in init.rc is wrong and should not be mounted - it should be /storage/sdcard0. It messes up the system completely and prevents sd card from being mounted and UMS from working.

Also I've updated my app to work so that you don't need script manager and the like - it dyanmically allows changing between ROMs. I'll post this soon - just testing now.

Actually, mounting it as /mnt/sdcard works but mounting it as /storage/sdcard0 doesn't work at all, at least not on KonstaT's version of cm10.

I messed it up, it does work mounting it as /storage/sdcard0.

I just tried that and now i cannot mount the sdcard but if i keep /mnt/sdcard in the init.rc it'll mount just fine.

Edited by Snap.IT

Guest Snap.IT

but something wrong with my MIUIv42.8.17,nand is laggy some timws

Yeah, i have no idea what you're trying to say here...

This doesn't install to nand.

Guest shezar

SnapIT, it's a nice script but I just can't seem to make it work properly. It doesn't die but no boot.img is generated for the roms. When it unzips the rom, it gives me a permission error although I started the process as root.

Solved, needed execution permissions on split-bootimg.pl

Nope, doesn't pack boot.img together, just copies bootimg-contents to output and leaves it there.

Permission errors. Permission errors everywhere. :)

Well... I finally got them building fine, yet the roms could not boot. adb devices showed the correct name (CM9 Blade, CM10 Blade), yet, no adb logcat, no adb shell, only a sad green android.

Edited by shezar

Guest Snap.IT

SnapIT, it's a nice script but I just can't seem to make it work properly. It doesn't die but no boot.img is generated for the roms. When it unzips the rom, it gives me a permission error although I started the process as root.

Solved, needed execution permissions on split-bootimg.pl

Nope, doesn't pack boot.img together, just copies bootimg-contents to output and leaves it there.

Permission errors. Permission errors everywhere. :)

Well... I finally got them building fine, yet the roms could not boot. adb devices showed the correct name (CM9 Blade, CM10 Blade), yet, no adb logcat, no adb shell, only a sad green android.

That usually happens when the system image file and data image file don't match the values you entered into the script.

Are you sure you used the correct names for the system and data image files and copied the entire contents of multiboot to your SD-Card (including the system and data image files)?

I'll upload a tar image instead, it'll fix the permissions problems, for now everyone should just say no to whether the converted rom is a JellyBean ROM though, there is a problem getting it to work properly when mounting to /storage/sdcard0 but it seems to work with /mnt/sdcard.

Edited by Snap.IT

Guest shezar

That usually happens when the system image file and data image file don't match the values you entered into the script.

Are you sure you used the correct names for the system and data image files and copied the entire contents of multiboot to your SD-Card (including the system and data image files)?

I'll upload a tar image instead, it'll fix the permissions problems, for now everyone should just say no to whether the converted rom is a JellyBean ROM though, there is a problem getting it to work properly when mounting to /storage/sdcard0 but it seems to work with /mnt/sdcard.

I double checked the names, I'm suspecting my old sdcard to be the error here. I'll try again later. Anyways, the script is quite good but you should implement some more error handling into it.

Edited by shezar

Guest Snap.IT

Well done !!!

its beyond me so i wont be trying it,but nice work :)

It is extremely easy to use, just follow the instructions and if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

As usual, having a backup is a good thing.

Guest Snap.IT

After a lot of issues i finally got the Android version ready, i've tested it and it works fine on my phone, both the makelooprom-android and the makeloopgapps. :)

I had to cross compile perl and the mkbootfs and mkbootimg files to run on armv6l which took a while because i kept getting errors, both are included with the script.

Then there was a problem with running split-bootimg.pl on the sdcard, fat32 doesn't support symbolic links so i had to make three different loopfiles within the script to use for bootimg-contents ramdisk-contents and output.

Finally, there is no zip on android, no binary and not via busybox (i had to include a full version of busybox just to be able to unzip the zip flags most roms are zipped with) so i had to compile that too.

Anyway, now it runs just fine, try it out. :)

Edited by Snap.IT

I copied rom and gapp zip in MakeLoopROM folder.

When I type ./makelooprom-android in terminal, I got this "sh: ./makelooprom-android: cannot execute-Permission denied". Have I done something wro?

Guest android@sam

When I type ./makelooprom-android in terminal, I got this "sh: ./makelooprom-android: cannot execute-Permission denied". Have I done something wro?

Try

sh makelooprom-android

Try

sh makelooprom-android

Ok thanks now it allows me to make system n data image. I used cm7.2 and I got message at the end that "you have an unusual updater-script".

I tried cyanscape rom but there also same message. Any ideas?

Guest Snap.IT

Are you superuser? Are you using paranoid android?

Guest Snap.IT

Ok thanks now it allows me to make system n data image. I used cm7.2 and I got message at the end that "you have an unusual updater-script".

I tried cyanscape rom but there also same message. Any ideas?

Both of those roms work perfectly when i'm converting them, there is something else that is wrong here, i don't know what but it would help if i knew what ROM you're running the script on.

The fact that you get "permission denied" when trying to run ./makelooprom-android tells me that there is something wrong with your permissions, you need to be su.

For some reason there is a problem with PA roms (i get the exact same response you do when running it on PA roms), it works fine on KonstaKANG though, the problem persists after upgrading SU so i don't know what is going on.

Both of those roms work perfectly when i'm converting them, there is something else that is wrong here, i don't know what but it would help if i knew what ROM you're running the script on.

The fact that you get "permission denied" when trying to run ./makelooprom-android tells me that there is something wrong with your permissions, you need to be su.

For some reason there is a problem with PA roms (i get the exact same response you do when running it on PA roms), it works fine on KonstaKANG though, the problem persists after upgrading SU so i don't know what is going on.

Ok thanks now it allows me to make system n data image. I used cm7.2 and I got message at the end that "you have an unusual updater-script". I tried cyanscape rom but there also same message. Any ideas?

Getting the same problem on CM10 :wacko:

Edited by De@n

Guest android@sam

I think it's not the issue of root permissions.It's related to file permissions.Because when i chmod 0777 the script it runs successfully.

Guest Snap.IT

I think it's not the issue of root permissions.It's related to file permissions.Because when i chmod 0777 the script it runs successfully.

Aw, crap, i'll make it a tar instread to preserve permissions, though i was under the impression that su had rwx permissions on all files on a fat32 partition?

Guest gunapriyan

Boss, I am using CM10 Konsta...I am also facing same Permission denied problem even i had allow permission by "Super User" ....Please help

Guest Snap.IT

Boss, I am using CM10 Konsta...I am also facing same Permission denied problem even i had allow permission by "Super User" ....Please help

There are two ways to fix it, either open up a terminal session, cd to sdcard then run chmod -R 0777 MakeLoopROM or download the new tar version, it's in my OP.

If you are running windows and don't have a program capable of unpacking it you can unpack it on your phone as per the new instructions in the OP.