ICS date?

Guest originaliidea

I think they are going straight to jb and missing ics out which is why it is taking them so long for the update to be released but then again I could be wrong.

The Everest of wishful thinking!

Although I do hope you're right :)

Guest BlueMoonRising

OK, I bit the bullet and tried Customer Services. First off, 450 put me through to the iPhone section twice(which is a bit ironic?). I hung up before getting through to anyone(I'll bet they're busy at the moment :) ). Then I went through one of the bloatware apps on the phone which gave me 453 for technical support, whoopee, just what I needed. Or not since it put me through to an Indian call center which was actually the contract CS number(I'm PAYG). She was totally befuddled by my question and put me through to the "Correct" section :(

This time it was an Indian male s turn to be confused since this wasn't technical support either. After putting me on hold(again, terrible distorted music) he put me through to technical support finally(in Newcastle!, ain't technology wonderful) who did his level best to help(more crap music) but couldn't find any information whatsoever. His only suggestion was to try Intels site to see if I could download it from there(not very likely).

At least he was grateful for the information about the phone lines being messed up. Anyone else tried CS from their OSD on 450? Or any Orange phone? Or is it just the OSD? For some reason the geordie lad seemed to think I was on contract.

Guest keithSlemon

its because the micro sims seem to be set for.iphones, if I ring I get the same iphone help options, orangehelpers on twitter said they don't know anything about the updates just that they Will tweet when they do, i doubt it

Guest BlueMoonRising

its because the micro sims seem to be set for.iphones, if I ring I get the same iphone help options, orangehelpers on twitter said they don't know anything about the updates just that they Will tweet when they do, i doubt it

So you're saying that when I dial 450 from my OSD there's a setting on the sim that redirects me to the iPhone support section? That may explain why I'm getting bounced into the wrong sections.

Guest vermat17

Hey guys, just an update on emailing Xolo care for info on a release date...

Well, they replied rather promptly (which they always actually do tbh) and reiterated that the update would be out by the end of September on their website, and would let me know when it was released.

I can therefore only assume that they plan on releasing it at midnight on the 30th :P

Guest BlueMoonRising

Hey guys, just an update on emailing Xolo care for info on a release date...

Well, they replied rather promptly (which they always actually do tbh) and reiterated that the update would be out by the end of September on their website, and would let me know when it was released.

I can therefore only assume that they plan on releasing it at midnight on the 30th

Argh, I missed your post before trying it myself this morning and got the same reply. As I said on another thread, it's starting to smell like an automated response.

Edited by BlueMoonRising

I cannot see what lava are waiting for, intel had ics ready and distributed to orange & lava months ago. How much more bloat can they get in there :blink:.

I am thinking that intel do not give a toss about how secure the rom is, but lava do, and they are gathering knowledge of ics exploits so they can seal up any back doors :angry: :(. But then I do not know how it all works, just guessing....hopefully I am wrong, and they make a huge screw up and let us root :D

Edited by Guest

Guest runhidesurvive

I've been with Orange for 15 years, and they have been consistently slow with their software updates, support have never known anything about them for any previous phone I've had and given that the SD hasn't exactly been a hot seller, I don't expect it to be any different this time round.

Bitter experience has taught me not to hold my breath for 'promised' updates. If it happens at all, it'll be a bonus!

Hi ,

sorry to dissapoint you all... I own a Xolo .. sent a mail to Xolo care inquiring about the ICS update... here is what they responded

Dear customer

Thank you for contacting us.

The ICS build for XOLO X900 is in the final stages of testing & verification being carried out in order to provide a favourable and a stable user experience to our customers. XOLO & Intel teams are putting intense efforts to get this done. We stay committed to providing the ICS upgrade on XOLO X900 at the soonest.

Regards

Xolo-Care

yep, no date specified :(

Guest BlueMoonRising

"XOLO & Intel teams are putting intense efforts to get this done."

Considering Intel are using Jelly Bean on their own phones already that's a crock for a start.

Since today is the last day of September and they were promising it by the end of the month, that gives them 11 hours(allowing for the +4:30 time difference) to release it.

What do you think the chances are? :(

"XOLO & Intel teams are putting intense efforts to get this done."

Considering Intel are using Jelly Bean on their own phones already that's a crock for a start.

Since today is the last day of September and they were promising it by the end of the month, that gives them 11 hours(allowing for the +4:30 time difference) to release it.

What do you think the chances are?

dont count on it at all....... the best thing would be to leak a Jelly Bean image from Intel dev sources.... ofcourse signing it would have to be taken care of

Edited by xgt001

Guest BlueMoonRising

dont count on it at all....... the best thing would be to leak a Jelly Bean image from Intel dev sources.... ofcourse signing it would have to be taken care of

lol, I wasn't. I guess sarcasm doesn't come across too well in a forum.

I was thinking the same thing abut a leaked Intel JB. If they have it installed on their phones would it not be signed? Although thinking about it I suppose theirs could be boot loader unlocked.

Edit :- if there's any Intel employees reading this, nudge nudge wink wink...

Edited by BlueMoonRising

Guest BlueMoonRising

I'm up for that, I presume it has to be via their website as I can't see a specific email address?

I've put a comment on their twitter and facebook feeds too.