MMS problem with Gingerbread version

Guest jafp

With the Gingerbread version (2.3) i can not send mms without activate the internet on my phone, with the Froyo version (2.2) i can do this without activate the internet.

In Froyo version, i install a app called APN Portugal and than i have the ability to disable the internet in this application and i enable the option "Data enabled" in "Mobile network settings", This way i can send and receive MMS without using internet.

In Gingerbread version this solution does not work, i have already try to play with the mms.apk file from Froyo in Gingerbread but with no success.

Anyone have any idea how to solve the problem?

PS: i do not won´t to use the internet because here in Portugal the providers charge values ​​that are a steal, it's ridiculous.

If you are not from portugal do not install the app apn portugal, it change the mms and internet parameters configuration.

Guest didije

You can use the widget called Apn OnOff from Curvefish. It has the option to disable apn (data) and to leave mms enabled. It works for me.

Edited by didije

You can use the widget called Apn OnOff from Curvefish. It has the option to disable apn (data) and to leave mms enabled. It works for me.

Thanks for your help, I tried with Apn OnOff but i only have success to send a mms when i enable data, i think i will try with a clean installation of gingerbread (CM7).