san francisco 2 (also known as zte blade 2) will not boot

Guest richbluemurray

Guest richbluemurray

Hi

About 3 months ago I bought an orange San Francisco 2 and unlocked it using this site http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Learn-giffgaff-Top-Tips/GUIDE-How-to-Unlock-Orange-San-Francisco-II-For-Dummies/td-p/2880715

I'm no expert with mobile phones. The above site is an easy guide to unlock for dummies. It worked perfectly, so I was very happy.

Yesterday I opened one of my apps, but it kept saying that the app had failed and would be forced to close. So I decided to power my mobile off and restart it. This is where I get the problem.

The Android man comes on, then the Android logo flashes continuously, the phone will not boot up.

I've tried connecting to the computer, but it does not recognise my mobile phone. If the mobile phone is switched off, it will charge when connected to the computer.

I can get it into FTM, but when I connect it to my computer, although I get the usb connection sound, I still cannot see it on my computer.

I would be most grateful if anyone can help me. Is the phone repairable? Is there a factory reset so that I can boot the phone back up.

I had originally downloaded the following files to my computer

OSF_II_Unlocking.rar

ouk-stock.zip

recovery-clockwork-4.0.1.5-blade2.img

Any help would be highly appreciated but please remember the unlock I used was for dummies so please try to answer in a language I can understand. Thank you

Guest richbluemurray

Hi

I've had no replies as yet to my problem, that I've described above. I read in other forums about putting the 'recovery-clockwork-4.0.1.5-blade2.img' in an image folder on the sd card and holding power, volume+ and home buttons together. I was hoping that this might boot up into something that I could recover my phone with, but after trying this still nothing happens. Maybe I should have put this onto my phone before I had problems with it.

Surely there must be a way of booting this phone so that I can recover it and I feel certain that there are some very smart people out there that could help me.

I cannot set debugging mode on the phone for usb, as I cannot get that far into the phone, as I said it just stays on the android logo. My computer does not recognise the phone, but if I put it into FTM mode, my computer does make the sound for connecting usb device but I still cannot see it on my computer.

Please can someone give me some consructive advice.

ps I have gone onto the ZTE website but when I click the device as 'smartphone', it asks for 'select model', but doesn't allow me to put in the model.

Guest richbluemurray

Managed to finally download the update tool from ZTE. After updating the device using windows update on my computer. It reflashed my phone. Booted back to Orange and removed all the extras I had on my phone, but it works and it remains unlocked as I'm now using my O2 sim in it. Have to give myself a pat on the back, but I hope this information might help other people in distress.