CM-7-2 whit ext4

Guest zoki.m1

• Copy the "*update-cm-7-24_signed" file to your SD card.
  • Reboot into Clockwork Recovery (2.5.0.7) by holding down the red end call and menu buttons and pushing the power button.
  • "nandroid" then "Backup" (if you skip this step, and you might live to regret it)
  • "wipe data/factory reset" and "Yes -- delete all user data"
  • make 3 particion 1part-Fat32 + 2part-Ext4 +3part-Ext4 - 2 part shud be 3 tames biger then 3 part

• "install zip from sdcard" then "choose zip from sdcard" then scroll to "update-cm-7-24_signed*.zip" and "Yes - Install update-cm-7-24_signed*.zip"
    • "install zip from sdcard" then "choose zip from sdcard" then scroll to "Install data2ext.9.3 " and "Yes - Install data2ext.9.3_signed.zip"
    • for max performans make no frills cpu to max-729 min-245 governor-smartassV2 and I/0 scheduler-noop
    • Settings- ADWLauncher-Drawer Settings-uncheck animated drawer and fade app labels
    • download link http://depositfiles....files/9hzjrpx1a

data2ext.9.3.zip
Edited by zoki.m1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest baotica

Everything is working for me.Its nightly 202120421 April 21 GWK74 android 2.3.7 Kernel 2.6.32-9-PERFALEX-darkstar #6

It leaves abou 28 MB on system partition

You need fast SD card, I bought my self a 16 GB class 10.And it works like a charm.First ext4 partition is for apps (dalvik cache), and the second ext4 is for data/data folder (app settings, libraries, dex files and the like).

The blury thing to me is the use of the original data partition (80 MB) that system creates, i know that apps use it like RAM along side system partition (110 MB), what I do not see or understand is, if Data2ext fill up that 80 MB data partition like a first ext4 partition,or does it leave that 80 MB alone and use only ext4 partitions.Can't see it in the system report because they appear merged.I question this, because if the system fills up this internal 80 MB partition as a part of ext4 partition, than Data2ext probably functions as a dalvik to SD card + swap, the combination that I do not like, because I dislike swap wearing down my SD card.

But no problem there either, since my Patriot SD card have 5 years warranty.

Guest baotica

Oh, forgot it.

The easy way to partition the SD card is to do it with Minitool partition wizard home edition (free).Just go in to recovery, do a factory reset, and format system partition just to be safe.Then mount SD card and create three paritions 1. Fat32 2.Ext4 3 Ext4.Remember, 2 parition is for apps that would go to /data (80MB) partition, and the 3 partition is for /data/data, so do not make a too small 3 parititon, you'll need it.

And, don't do a factory reset after partitioning, it will throw error like, I can't mount SD-Ext, and can sometime mess up newly created first Ext4 partition (you will have to repartition it again).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest desalesouche

i updated that rom a little .and tweaked it...dolby srs -beats audio-bravia hacks - and add a new dsp manager.for those who are willing to try it...pm me and i will give link...and explanation about setting it.