Mobile MoDaCo - BETA

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul [MVP]

Update:

now display properly in pagination, and pagination controls are shown at the bottom of the topic as well as the top.

P

Guest mrjuglas

just using the mobile site for the first time and it's great, a small point: be careful he you try to type directly into the quick reply box, it'll think you want to go to a keyboard shortcut - a small price to pay for that added functionality (which i haven't yet checked out) also typing on the spv keypad is terrible so I shall end this post abruptly... now!

Guest drblow

the site is xcellent! my 1 suggestion is automatic login, or a remember password option. that & the numbers at page bottom is all thats needed. great work again paul!

Guest Firaas

My autologin option works great?

Improvements:

- Specific forums (e.g. H&A) should be linked on pages rather than the board index (As mentioned at meet)

- Login should go refresh back to the referring page rather than the index

Guest drblow

Where is the auto login??

All I see is 'login car' - which doesnt seem to do anything? Every time I visit the page I have to login again.

Guest strathclydezero

I noticed that I can't see pictures uploaded to the forum. It'd be good even to link to them - to give the option of viewing.

Guest TSCRYPTO

I was speaking to ajb3000 yesterday about auto login...

For me, it only seems to work when on a previous occasion, I exit the site without logging off. If I do this, then I can re-join automatically at a later time once IE picks up the site.

If I have previously logged off, the I must input my user name and password again.

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

That makes sense, it works the same way the main forum does...

It shouldn't "forget" previous logins though if you don't click logout. You've not nuked your cookies have you?

Guest TSCRYPTO

No, I think you are probably right Mono - cookies are still intact.

I suppose I was thinking that each time I leave the site (whether I have 'logged off' or not) I have to log in again - probably beacuse 95% of the time I am on this site, I am at work (ie security measures here are overly-rigid).

However, I have accessed the site from the phone on many occasions over the last few days and even had a look at thie forum on the SPV via the dsp remote client on the pc at home (just for something different) - it worked ok, even if it was a tad slow...

Cheers

:lol:

Guest drblow

i may b blind, but i cant see any auto login box anywhere! or are you saying it is the login car box - either way i have to login every time.

i also seem to have alot of spelling errors coming up in all posts, unless everybody is useless at typing!

Guest drblow

mmm.... I dunno what is happening!!

Here is the full address which is in my favourites folder for modaco -

http://216.239.39.120/translate_c?h=fr&ie=.../language_tools

I originally linked to the mobile site from the main MoDaCo forum & this is the address that was set up in my favourites.

When you say the board language settings, I have set language to english just in the general settings/profile. Is there somewhere else I should adjust them??

Guest drblow

Right on!!

Changed the address in my favourites list, and it automatically logged me in this time!! Cheers for sorting that one out!

Dunno what happened, but that was the address that defaulted to my favourites when I added it to the list?!?

On a slightly off topic note - I still have the old stuck on dialling... problem with gprs - but if I quit PIE from taskmanager it connects again without a problem. Dunno if this helps with that old problem but just thought I'd mention it anyway!