Recommend a holder to put phone in car ?

Guest John Young Photos

Guest John Young Photos

I am looking for a holder to use my phone in the car for Sat-Nav ... any recommendations please

I was looking at THIS on ebay but not sure how good it will be or if it will simply fall off window over the first bump

Guest MiguelPereira

Hi, good morning! Head up for my last post on the "driving holder" topic. It is, in my opinion, the best and it will custom fit other phones that you'll own in the future.

Cheers!

Guest TangerineTractor

Best one IMO is the standard small one from Halfords, costs about £14,but you can slide the feet at the bottom and use them to hold the usb charger in position with a drop of superglue for a permanent drop-in charging holder.

post-236362-0-09666600-1346839719_thumb.

Guest John Young Photos

Thank you to you both for replies....

Crumbs they are both expensive, I had a cheapo off ebay (about £3) that I used on my last phone and that was great for years but it was to small for the G300

Edited by John Young Photos

Guest TangerineTractor

This is the halfords holder - you might get it cheaper on ebay - try to look for the same one though, the sliding feet are vital, and you can spin the whole holder round 180 degrees so teh side arms thingies are at teh bottome, and it then doesn;t opscure any volume buttons. With the charger glued in place, the side arms really don;t need to be tight, you can just drop the phone in.

http://www.halfords....tegoryId_165452

Edited by TangerineTractor

Guest skobywan

I am looking for a holder to use my phone in the car for Sat-Nav ... any recommendations please

I was looking at THIS on ebay but not sure how good it will be or if it will simply fall off window over the first bump

I had a similar problem to you dear friend. What you need is called a wife. It holds everything you desire with all the advantages of boobs, at which you may stare.

Guest John Young Photos

I had a similar problem to you dear friend. What you need is called a wife. It holds everything you desire with all the advantages of boobs, at which you may stare.

*LOL* Well funny you should say that as the last time we went out she was holding the phone. I used the google navigator and it found a route to my destination that halved my travel time and distance from previous journey.... Result

Thank you... that does look good and a good price, is it solid on the window... not going to drop off mid journey and break my phone ?

never happened to me, sticks pretty good to the window

Guest John Young Photos

Thank you... that does look good and a good price, is it solid on the window... not going to drop off mid journey and break my phone ?

OK got mine from ebay and its great, really nice build quality and not tried it in car but it certainly sticks well to house window....... Thank you for the recommendation

• 2 weeks later...
Guest anyusername

I bought the one linked below. I must say that so far I am very impressed. It holds the phone securely and the suction cup mechanism feels very positive. The clamp has a ball and socket arrangement, with locking ring, so the angles are very adjustable.

mJg6S4cQ_VQCrPC6LiH3IFw.jpg

• 4 months later...
I bought the one linked below. I must say that so far I am very impressed. It holds the phone securely and the suction cup mechanism feels very positive. The clamp has a ball and socket arrangement, with locking ring, so the angles are very adjustable.mJg6S4cQ_VQCrPC6LiH3IFw.jpg
Had one of these.. broke.
and one of these.. broke.

thinking about these when they come down in price again:http://www.amazon.co...ef=pd_sim_ce_34

anyone else got experience with more expensive, better mounts? fed up with buying rubbish that breaks!

maybe the halfords one, not sure if it's any better though. i have a smaller nokia model that is really better quality, but too small for G300.

Edited by Smiff2

Guest wouterbeer

yes

Good to know! Just asking because if I see the picture you posted (post #3) I don't get how that works ;) Just rotating the holders 90 degrees while the 'rest' stays the same? Cheers

Edit: Or is it way easier; and you just broaden the holders so your G300 will fit in landscape position?

Edited by wouterbeer

Guest TangerineTractor

Good to know! Just asking because if I see the picture you posted (post #3) I don't get how that works ;) Just rotating the holders 90 degrees while the 'rest' stays the same? Cheers

Edit: Or is it way easier; and you just broaden the holders so your G300 will fit in landscape position?

Just spin it. the side arms hold the phone in place. if you are using it landscape you can slide the feet off I guess.

it's just a basic but solid universal holder, the sliding feet make it more flexible.

Because I have the fee and a charger glued in place, I don't need the side arms to squeeze tight, so have them loose enough to just drop the phone on without needing to adjust them every time.

Edited by TangerineTractor

Guest SL_The_Hedgehog

I bought the one linked below. I must say that so far I am very impressed. It holds the phone securely and the suction cup mechanism feels very positive. The clamp has a ball and socket arrangement, with locking ring, so the angles are very adjustable.

mJg6S4cQ_VQCrPC6LiH3IFw.jpg

I got the same, i think: http://internet-shop...ne-holder-18hd/

Just great. Easy to put the phone in and out. It's the most important for me in the car.