Blade upgraded to CyanogenMod 7.2.0 but now very flaky !

Guest haventgotaclue

Guest haventgotaclue

I hadnt had the phone long before deciding to upgrade to CM7. The Orange SF previously had JellyFish as the op sys (not sure which version/release) and was a Gen 1 model.

Having upgraded and changed to Gen 2 I now have :

Android Version 2.3.7

Baseband Version P729BB01

Kernel Version 2.6.35.7-perf+

Mod Version CM-7.2.0-blade

but I also have many problems !

More specifically I cannot download any apps because Google Market says I already have the apps but I cant access them. Cant download a new version of Market either. Cannot change my (Hotmail) email address or password and cant find a Gmail icon anywhere although Market says I have it. There are no apps in the Apps section nor on the sim card.

I now find that I cannot transfer any more music tracks to the phone via the USB option although I have done so in the past. The phone keeps switching to "Silent" ring tone from "Normal" and the display never seems to reset itself to the standard menu, again it used to do this before.

So all in all, unless I've missed something in the CM7 install process, I'd rather start again with a sound, stable and above all reliable Android op sys. Is there such a thing and if so what is it ?

Thanks

Guest haventgotaclue

Thanks Phlum I suppose I should have said that I'm quite happy to consider any other firmware offering or Android mobile operating system. just as long as people can recommend it for its stability.

Other problems I've found are more basic and fundamental to the operation of a mobile including the continuous "Unable to Connect" message when trying to call in an area with poor reception yet still receiving the same message when in an area with perfect reception. I have to disconnect the battery and reconnect before I can make another call. Wi fi connection constantly disconnects and the browser fails to open on anything but yellow pages (a site I visted about three weeks ago).

So not a happy mobile experience and something I'd like to change pronto :)

• 1 month later...

I have an original OLED OSF, upgraded to gen 2 via TPT, and CM7.2. I have been using this since 7.2 was released, and it's rock solid. I've also bricked it with a nightly release, and reverted to the stable version. Maybe you missed something out in the upgrade process. I'd recommend that you start again from scratch. Good luck.