"Ainol" Novo 7 "Tornados" query

Guest glossywhite

Guest glossywhite

Hi there.

I just purchased an Ainol Novo 7 Tornados, from China, and I just wondered if anyone here has one or has used one, and how they fare? The price was a STEAL at £55 and free shipping - I know there's no IPS or HDMI output, but if you can give me some feedback, I'd be most thankful. :)

Are there any ROMs for this, by the way?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest psionandy

how did you get on with it... I'm looking for something small and cheap as a 'kids' tablet and video playback device to play with in the car and at home.. do you think this sort of thing would fit the bill?

Guest gadgetshop

how did you get on with it... I'm looking for something small and cheap as a 'kids' tablet and video playback device to play with in the car and at home.. do you think this sort of thing would fit the bill?

I've got an Ainol elf & aurora, both good little tablets for what you pay. aurora got better screen if you wanna watch movies

Guest metal.mickey

keep up posted on how you get on.

which retailer did you find it from?

the AMAZON reviewer said it wasnt quite fast enough

==

Good for the price.

For the price of 79 GRP, this is excellent product! A deep look at it:

- looks great, metal and plastic

- cheap materials, touch screen has no protection, needs adjustments if you're used to iPhone/iPad.

- Android 4 is good, but the CPU is not enough, sometimes it hangs. Exapmle: music player is on, you listen music, the tablet is locked. You press the power button to light the screen, so you can unlock it. The moment you press the button, the music stops for a while. Zoom in and out is slow on web sites, due to the CPU, the RAM is half taken.

Bottom line: If you need performance, take the next ainol model, also screen resolution is good, but not enough for long reading.

==

and this dude really rates it

althought the comments below are a bit hit and miss, the newer posts are this week and look ok, the 3 month old posts seem to have some probs with wifi and screen sensitivity

Edited by metal.mickey