[OFFICIAL] Indian owners thread for Note 2 Reviews, Prices & more

Guest sumeshd

Guest Aditya_e
MUMBAI Update :

(1) Went to the Vodafone gallery for the micro-sim card. They said you will get it on the spot. Only will be activated in 2-4 hours.

(2) Visited a couple of Retailers around my office. Both of them said they will get stocks tomorrow (5th) as the distributor wasn't releasing the stocks. They both quoted Rs. 38,000. No other deal included.

(3) Also, visited Croma to see if they had a demo unit. They didn't. They said next week.

(4) The Samsung official store at Pheonix mills may probably get it today. But their price is higher at 38,900.

Any idea if you get 50GB Dropbox with it?

Yes you get 50GB free Dropbox Storage.

Guest Aditya_e
most of shops in pune have it,, oly in white, any way of getting a GREY, so frustrated!!

Where in Pune did you find one. Please tell the shop name and location.

I dont think it is available in Pune for 36400 yet..Dont take me wrong but I think Store is faking avail to lure customers....

Can some one quote least avail price online.. last I saw was on uniquekart.com for 37500 .

Edited by zabak

Guest cool.pijus

just join this only for official Indian owners page. XDA mods now f**k on their own. good job mate carry on. i really follow all these thread from last week. like it very very much.

No stock yet in any most places I checked with in Delhi / Noida. Noida dealer sounded frustrated heh.

Funny some people are even willing to pay for demo pieces.

Lowest price quoted by smartcafe is still 39k without bluetooth.

I dont think it is available in Pune for 36400 yet..Dont take me wrong but I think Store is faking avail to lure customers....

Can some one quote least avail price online.. last I saw was on uniquekart.com for 37500 .

Shopclues white same 37.5K.

Guest Aditya_e

Now I am thinking to wait till 15th, just for a Price drop and availability of the Grey one. I suppose prices will drop further in November, due to Diwali. But I can't wait till Nov, to get this beast.

Now I am thinking to wait till 15th, just for a Price drop and availability of the Grey one. I suppose prices will drop further in November, due to Diwali. But I can't wait till Nov, to get this beast.

That's what I will also like to do. Till now all dealers I spoke to only are comitting to a white, even after advance payment. However, if I see a gray one and it's available I might change my mind :D

Edited by j89

Guest sumeshd
No stock yet in any most places I checked with in Delhi / Noida. Noida dealer sounded frustrated heh.

Funny some people are even willing to pay for demo pieces.

Lowest price quoted by smartcafe is still 39k without bluetooth.

Smartphone cafe in kalkaji has a demo piece and quoted me with 38k..

Mostly big stores around have to get their stock most late by weekend and 2 stores quoted me with 36.4k and 36.6k..

Guys its just a matter of days..next week u will probably find it in every store at 36k few hundreds more or less..so hold your horses if u wanna save some bucks..

For the sim card best is to get it cut where u buy note from..they cut with a cutter and u can even have outer shell for future use as normal..

I am yet to sell my one x and any ideas how much I cud get for it in Delhi??

It's white, 5 months used, scratchless original bill box accessories..I will try my luck at gaffar I suppose..

Guest Aditya_e

Hey, Could you Call “Keshna Electronics" on JM Road, Pune and ask for the price and availability. I currently can't call due to some reasons. Phone No: 020-25510639.

He always gets the stock first.

I would be grateful. Thanks.

Edited by Aditya_e

Guest dr_ysp

Hey, Could you Call “Keshna Electronics" on JM Road, Pune and ask for the price and availability. I currently can't call due to some reasons. Phone No: 020-25510639.

He always gets the stock first.

I would be grateful. Thanks.

I already spoke to him, he is saying he has demo but sales will start from saturday, do not know which colours will be available, does not commit on prive

Guest dr_ysp

Where in Pune did you find one. Please tell the shop name and location.

Its in ajmera, pimpri, call 9890446770, give them my referance as dr puri, he will quote 36400 for white one!!

Guest Aditya_e

Its in ajmera, pimpri, call 9890446770, give them my referance as dr puri, he will quote 36400 for white one!!

Thanks for the info. Will check out. But I will wait for the Grey. Can't carry a huge WHITE phone in my black trousers.

Hey Dr Puri..if I am not wrong you were there with me for buying HTC Legend and then sold it as soon as you bought it..Right..??

Edited by zabak

Guest Aditya_e

Will check out a Samsung store on my way back from work and inform you guys.<br /><br />Which is the best mobile store in Pune

Edited by Aditya_e

Smartphone cafe in kalkaji has a demo piece and quoted me with 38k..

Mostly big stores around have to get their stock most late by weekend and 2 stores quoted me with 36.4k and 36.6k..

Guys its just a matter of days..next week u will probably find it in every store at 36k few hundreds more or less..so hold your horses if u wanna save some bucks..

For the sim card best is to get it cut where u buy note from..they cut with a cutter and u can even have outer shell for future use as normal..

I am yet to sell my one x and any ideas how much I cud get for it in Delhi??

It's white, 5 months used, scratchless original bill box accessories..I will try my luck at gaffar I suppose..

36.4, that's the place we need to get it from.. so I am waiting.. might as well save some money for accessories :)

Why not try eBay for selling your HTC? There was a time you could exchange it with Letsbuy, but those days are gone!

Any idea if the Official Samsung Stores have stocks???

None in Delhi where I checked. Even a place, which supposedly had one says now No. It seems Samsung is planning to drop the prices, or something is definitely going on. There is no reason to hold the phones if they can be sold. Flipkart dropped the pre-order and made it Coming soon. Yebhi was showing price 36900 and changed to 38900.

Thanks for the info. Will check out. But I will wait for the Grey. Can't carry a huge WHITE phone in my black trousers.

Yes, I agree. Saw the demo of a white phone and man does it look huge. I think the white will always look bigger and it just won't go with blue jeans or black trousers or on a vehicle dock in your black dashboard. Grey it's for me.

Oh BTW, please beware of buying the phone on eBay, I had a word with a few sellers who committed to next day shipments, but as soon as they sold a piece of two, descriptions were changed to "Will ship after October 8th"; some poor chaps are going to lose their sleep. Also, some demo units are being sold on eBay as well.

Edited by j89

Guest JulyDerek

I read somewhere that Samsung will enforce a minimum price for the GN2 at 37,500 like Sony does for its products. Dunno if that will work tho.

I read somewhere that Samsung will enforce a minimum price for the GN2 at 37,500 like Sony does for its products. Dunno if that will work tho.

That's what Uniquekart guys said somewhere. Though, I will NOT perhaps buy from them. Sent a mail no reply, customer care no-one picks. They do have 37.5 as the price as well.

I compared the way prices went for the Galaxy Note 800; the pre-order price was 39,990 in September . Current Samsung eStore price is 37900, Flipkart price is 37500, eBay is as low as 34. So, you can guess the trend. This is in a month from the launch of the Note 800.

@JulyDerek. If you must have it and 2K doesn't matter, perhaps yes. The situation as it is right is that almost all retail stores will have stocks after 8th, which is when you will get it at those low prices. TIll then Samsung is going to milk you. My dealer for example insists I should prebook even though he can't guarantee grey.

Edited by j89

Guest Saurav

It's unbelievable that we had to come to a different place for discussing things! Sorry but XDA is becoming more mean than it was.

Anyway, no release as of yet here in Calcutta. I called my retailer yesterday, he said might be available today evening or tomorrow, but rather than availability the price is bothering me more, he keeps saying that it'll be priced above 40k :o

Well I'm no way buying it for 40k damn it.

It's unbelievable that we had to come to a different place for discussing things! Sorry but XDA is becoming more mean than it was.

be priced above 40k

Well I'm no way buying it for 40k damn it.

XDA; it's funny how they are trying to "un-build" a community. But let that be. I am sure we don't care. It's the Note that we care about :)

Nah, it's not 40K. They just don't know the pricing yet. At the most it would 38900. If it's pricier than that just order from a reliable online site.

Edited by j89

Update / Delhi : Got a call from dealer who said that they are only expecting White for the time being and initial lot is expected either today or tomorrow . Of course he still wants advance. So, that and white is a no from me.

BTW at the dealer demo he showed me his own personal handset and he sweared that he was getting 2 days of battery life with talk + internet etc. Pretty believable with the stats floating around but nice to hear. That's one BIG reason to get this phone, finally something you can carry around without chargers.

Edited by j89

Guest vinaymonu25

xda has now a days become so @ss-ol licking site...bloody mods there have gone out of mind...just dnt undstnd sudnly after so many years now they r following their rules so strictly that they r loosing their followers drastically...im there since 3-4 years n nevr went thru such situations which we all faced yesterday