Ice Cream Sandwich Update

Guest JUNIER-SANCHEZ

Guest Kettchy

It can be and is done that way, the guide was to get the intel splash screen, the upgrade zip is an sd card upgrade simple as that, put on root of sd card (storage in our case) and go to upgrade settings in device and update.

Can you do that from an Orange SD?

Guest ayziaa

It can be and is done that way, the guide was to get the intel splash screen, the upgrade zip is an sd card upgrade simple as that, put on root of sd card (storage in our case) and go to upgrade settings in device and update.

Ok thank you. I think the guide should be more clear about that!

Guest ayziaa

@ayziaa, you do know your music player you link to is "This app is incompatible with your San Diego."?

Which is taking the mick really...

Does your san diego run ICS allready? Because if it's running gingerbread it's only for android 4.0.3+. I your running ics I'm gonna have to kill myself (joke)

Guest punjuk12

Does your san diego run ICS allready? Because if it's running gingerbread it's only for android 4.0.3+. I your running ics I'm gonna have to kill myself (joke)

Beam player is compatible after the ICS upgrade

Guest ayziaa

No, I'm still on 2.3.7.Orange ROM.

I was just having a bit of a laugh.

I get that! Just how I heard it " dude you just bought a phone and your app doesn't run on it" arrrgghh my heart

Beam player is compatible after the ICS upgrade

Ok good! I'm all better now lol

Edited by ayziaa

Guest punjabi

You can upgrade to ICS from Orange's GB, it works (with a Xolo splash, flashing Intel's one doesn't work)

I would love to update to the Xolo ICS, but really want to keep the Intel splash screen...

If only someone would find a way to do it, that would be great. Then it would be as simple as updating from SD card for those on Orange Gindgerbread! :unsure:

How do you edit the notification toggles?

I have never seen that feature on stock ICS, cm9 has it but sure you cannot on stock, correct me if I am wrong anyone ?

Just noticed an intel feature though...can disable hyperthreading to improve battery life, and also set min cpu speed :D

post-796032-0-54696300-1349537125_thumb.

post-796032-0-61935400-1349537135_thumb.

Edited by Guest

Guest Kettchy

Yes you can. Tested!

You can upgrade to ICS from Orange's GB, it works (with a Xolo splash, flashing Intel's one doesn't work)

Thank you, gentlemen, your bravery has given me the courage to upgrade :P I can definitely live with the Xolo logo.

Guest BlueMoonRising

I have never seen that feature on stock ICS, cm9 has it but sure you cannot on stock, correct me if I am wrong anyone ?

Just noticed an intel feature though...can disable hyperthreading to improve battery life, and also set min cpu speed

I presume you mean max cpu speed? Also nice to see you can change the governor. When I get my new one tomorrow I'll be tempted to lower the speed slightly to lower temperatures and prolong the battery.

Guest Gibson.1

If you update to Xolo ICS, and it voids warranty, would you be able to load the Orange update once its released and once against have warranty?

Edited by Gibson.1

If orange update is downloadable then yes, simply put on storage and update, but if it is only over the air this would be problem I think.

Edited by Guest

Guest Ribs85

If you update to Xolo ICS, and it voids warranty, would you be able to load the Orange update once its released and once against have warranty?

it also depends how broken your phone is when you need that warranty. If your phone doesn't start up, for example, you're up the creek.

Guest Gibson.1

You can go into the Orange shop and they can update it for you, would that route be possible? Just worried about voiding the phone, but want ICS badly and I can see Orange doing ota only update.