Orange ICS Update

Guest Doogie Howser

because the update will still check the system m8

How do I get all the system on my device without deleting stuff ? any deleting causes the patch check to fail update ?

I flashed Orange Rom through fastboot, and this time, I got a new error (the previous one is no more) : E:Error in /cache/update.zip

Oh....the update zip should be in the place it is downloaded too if it was official it would be there i believe

Lol ricky, all that I just tried was a fail again, all apps overwritten with gingerbread, all ics apps removed that where left and xolo apps, then pushed system, then flashed orange recovery and boot, and failed on a system/app again...I am baffled lol

Orange win the battle, but the war is not over, always another day lol.

Edited by Guest

Guest Simon O

It would had been a good idea for somebody on the Orange GB ROM to update to ICS then make a full system backup once they've rooted. I should had done it :(

Thinking what to try.......I am thinking delete all system apps before copying all gingerbread apps to system with root file app, but will the device stay alive in the proccess lol? I am thinking yes, as I will be in the root file app, but if I leave it the device will crash, anyway I going to try.

This way we will know for sure what apps are failing patch test, gingerbread or ics, if gingerbread then something wrong with the dump maybe.

Edited by Guest

Guest shootomanUK

It would had been a good idea for somebody on the Orange GB ROM to update to ICS then make a full system

well flibblesan im still on the Orange GB Rom and want to update and root, i would make a full system backup backup but not sure how, if someone talks me through it i will !

Guest rickywyatt

I download the Motorola RAZR i rom just for fun lol going to flash the system part of it later just to see it it boot you never no as its the same specs as are just with a overclocked cpu

Guest Simon O

well flibblesan im still on the Orange GB Rom and want to update and root, i would make a full system backup backup but not sure how, if someone talks me through it i will !

I think it would help. The orange ICS update just checks far too much stuff as it's a patch-based update rather than a format & reinstall like the XOLO update.

A full system.img backup of the Orange ICS will be nice for people to have. Failing that a proper full ROM that isn't a damn patch update :(

Guest Simon O

I download the Motorola RAZR i rom just for fun lol going to flash the system part of it later just to see it it boot you never no as its the same specs as are just with a overclocked cpu

I had a look at that but couldn't figure out how to extract the images. They appear to be in a weird format.

Now that would be cool, what transparent statusbar, overclock lol, they are the same animal in different skin, so could work.

Would we get the overclock by flashing system ? overclock would be kernel ?

Edited by Guest

I would really like it if the rom could boot! any chance Motorola razr i could help with bootloader situtation?

Edited by ayziaa