[Q] Front camera problem on ICS

Guest Simon O

Guest Simon O

Anybody running ICS noticed an odd issue with the front camera? The problem is when you take a picture the contrast drops significantly. This is on the Xolo ICS ROM but shouldn't matter as the camera apps and the camera libs are the same between ROMs.

Update: Front camera is fine when you use it in Instagram which leads me to believe it's a bug with the camera app. I'm going to see if I can get the Motorola RAZR i app working properly.

Update2: It's a weird issue related to low-light issues. Oh well..

Does it let you select burst mode?

No that was the only problem, but the interface is much better, it is ics themed too.

edit: Looks like moto camera has same issue with front camera.

Edited by Guest

Guest Gibson.1

I had that on Orange GB too, it shows a decent shot then when you take it it becomes all dark grey and hard to make out. I think it might be slightly worse on Xolo ICS as photos from GB seem to be brighter.

Guest Simon O

No that was the only problem, but the interface is much better, it is ics themed too.

edit: Looks like moto camera has same issue with front camera.

Also the moto camera is rather sluggish :(

Guest BlueMoonRising

On a related topic, has anyone else had any problems with the camera button not working?

If you mean the physical button then it works but is too stiff to be useful. I always use the software button myself.