So... which Nexus(') are you buying?

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest dbbloke

Hate how we pay so much tax / VAT in the UK. Pricing would be spot on otherwise and I would put my money down for an 8gb phone (how much for 8gb extra ram!)

Phone looks nice, but a few niggles. Thinking oppo 5, huawei D2, or some other 1080p phone.

Mind you, the new ZTE / Beidou Little Pepper quad core goes on presale tomorrow for just over 100 quids :)

Guest glossywhite

No SD card slot No Dice... if they went up to at least 64GB on the other hand...

Why stop there? Wait until they reach 128Gb... or 256Gb. Let's come back down to earth for a minute - do you NEED 64Gb on a tablet? I mean NEED, not want - seriously? You can plug in a USB drive with OTG if it's really that much of a big deal. It's a BUDGET tablet, and by all accounts and reviews, A STUNNER - the clue's in the title.

Edited by glossywhite

Guest shootomanUK

Nexus 4 -

What no SDcard slot ? , what is wrong with these company's

more and more phones are coming out now with no expandable storage and a meesly 16gb max, i think this day and age is very poor, what with all the HD content and stuff nowaday's.

a couple of mp3's,photos,videos and apps and your full lol

lets hope there's a hidden slot underneath like the san diego :-)

Guest glossywhite

Nexus 4 -

What no SDcard slot ? , what is wrong with these company's

more and more phones are coming out now with no expandable storage and a meesly 16gb max, i think this day and age is very poor, what with all the HD content and stuff nowaday's.

a couple of mp3's,photos,videos and apps and your full lol

lets hope there's a hidden slot underneath like the san diego :-)

"A couple"? 2,000 5MB MP3 files can fit in 10Gb, so you're sliiiiightly exaggerating ;)

Guest everett_psycho

"A couple"? 2,000 5MB MP3 files can fit in 10Gb, so you're sliiiiightly exaggerating ;)

Plus the 20000 in your Google music account. Personally I've got a 32gb card in my phone and i barely use any of it. I was assuming that my iPod would die soon and I'd fall back on to my phone, for this money though I'll replace my o2x and if the iPod dies use the old phone instead, i don't think I'd get much for it now the nexus 4 is so cheap

Guest glossywhite

Plus the 20000 in your Google music account. Personally I've got a 32gb card in my phone and i barely use any of it. I was assuming that my iPod would die soon and I'd fall back on to my phone, for this money though I'll replace my o2x and if the iPod dies use the old phone instead, i don't think I'd get much for it now the nexus 4 is so cheap

^ This

People are "sheeple". You DO NOT NEED all those Gb, you just convince yourself you do, and, spoilt little consumers as we can be, no matter what features something has, people ALWAYS focus on what it HASN'T.

Pah! :P

Edited by glossywhite

Guest Pondlife

Judge not lest thee be judged?

So you don't need more storage fine, certainly doesn't mean that no one does.

I wouldn't want a device with less than 32gb, even that would be easy to fill, apps are only getting bigger too.

As for your why not 128gb, indeed why not, that's what I need for my next MP3 player, shan't be buying one til they hit that capacity.

Edited by Pondlife

Guest glossywhite

Judge not lest thee be judged?

So you don't need more storage fine, certainly doesn't mean that no one does.

I wouldn't want a device with less than 32gb, even that would be easy to fill, apps are only getting bigger too.

As for your why not 128gb, indeed why not, that's what I need for my next MP3 player, shan't be buying one til they hit that capacity.

Fair comment. I apologise - each to his own, it just seems like a demand not too necessary.

Guest ChrisPNE

Great specs for the price but letdown by the absence of a MicroSD slot.

When will the manufacturers realise that not everybody has an unlimited data plan and/or continuous coverage?

Cloud storage is great for accessing important documents but Google Music isn't the answer for everyone just now.

Pretty sure I'm gonna get the 16GB N4. I've been looking for something to replace my ageing Blade for >6months and haven't found anything with the spec/price that I want that would also have great community support. I'm excited by NFC (much more useful on a phone than on my N7), Bluetooth 4 (I've got a Pebble watch on the way soon), and wireless charging (just 'cos it's cool!).

I have a 32GB microSD in my Blade so restricting myself to 16GB seems like a small backward step - guess I'll just have to push the rest of my music into Play Music... I never did get past trying it out with a few CDs.

I was always going to get the next Nexus as my phone upgrade on O2 is due tomorrow. I don't really care if I get the 8 or 16Gb version, every photo and video I take is backed up to Dropbox and deleted from the phone, the only thing I really store on the phone is about 50 music videos for when I'm on the treadmill and a couple of music playlists for if I'm in an area with no data connection.

Definately getting a 16GB N4.

I'll be in the UK for the week round 13 November.

What shops would be selling it? Or will it be Play Store only the first few weeks?

Maybe even in a Heathrow Tech shop for on the way home??

Guest The Soup Thief

Warming to the idea of a 16gb N10. Can get any big data and mobile access by wifi from my phone. It's cheap, it's beautiful, it's faster than a speeding bullet, it's future-proof (for the next year or so, anyway)

Noone else is showing any enthusiasm for it on here though - i alone???

Guest cmberry20

Big question here is can the N4 be rooted & is the boot loader locked. Hope not!

If the N4 is £239 sim free then will places like Orange or O2 sell them PAYG for less? I always try to stick to a £200 MAX budget when buying a new phone.

Guest Michealtbh
Big question here is can the N4 be rooted & is the boot loader locked. Hope not!

If the N4 is £239 sim free then will places like Orange or O2 sell them PAYG for less? I always try to stick to a £200 MAX budget when buying a new phone.

It's a Nexus, it's about as open as you can get.

Bootloader can be unlocked with "fastboot oem unlock" and root achieved by pushing a couple of files.

Guest comicbookguy

Great specs for the price but letdown by the absence of a MicroSD slot.

When will the manufacturers realise that not everybody has an unlimited data plan and/or continuous coverage?

Cloud storage is great for accessing important documents but Google Music isn't the answer for everyone just now.

I'm assuming the low price is to allow very cheap unlimited data contracts. Or to allow more people to afford the phone sim free...

Edited by comicbookguy

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.