Working with A2SD [Need HELP!]

Guest uniQeZOR

Guest uniQeZOR

Hey guys,

I am trying and strunggling to "transfer" my apps to my SD card (All of them) and what I've dont so far was:

1. Create .ext3 partition (Tried with 512 and 1024MB) with 0MB Swap, tried on Recovery, Rom Manager and also with MiniTool Partition, only one time the A2SDGUI found the partition but needed a more updated version of A2SD scripts (by the way, I also do MOUNT on Recovery and Terminal Emulator)

2. Installed A2SD scripts (Version 2.7.5.2)

3. Installed A2SDGUI from GMarket

I followed this tutorial by the way: http://yagyagaire.blogspot.pt/2011/09/how-to-partition-sd-card-and-install.html#.UI9px8UxqSo

This just doesnt work for me, help!

I have a ZTE Atlas W (same as Crescent) rooted and with CM9 Android 4.0.4

I see that you wrote that you have a2sdgui but i never used it and dont know how to set it.If yo uwant you can download link2sd and i can help ypu do it (it can be done 100% because i dont it many times on cm9)...So download link2sd launch it then choose EXT3 partition and app will tell you that partition is created and that you need to restart your phone.Do that. Then go again to the link2sd and (if you get that partition couldnt be mounted then you have problem) click on app you want to transfer on sd card and click on link this app on sd card option check every box that you can and that is it ... You can also autolink every app that you install.If you still just want to do it with a2sd then i cant help you.

As dimi89 says links2sd is probably easiest method. However if you want to use a2sd. Once you have flashed the zip, open the terminal and type such then allow the such request. Type a2sd reinstall.. phone will reboot. The apps will now be on sdcard. Next open terminal and type a2sd cachesdreset phone will reboot and android will say updating. Once compile the app data on SD card and phone will have lots of memory

Guest uniQeZOR

I see that you wrote that you have a2sdgui but i never used it and dont know how to set it.If yo uwant you can download link2sd and i can help ypu do it (it can be done 100% because i dont it many times on cm9)...So download link2sd launch it then choose EXT3 partition and app will tell you that partition is created and that you need to restart your phone.Do that. Then go again to the link2sd and (if you get that partition couldnt be mounted then you have problem) click on app you want to transfer on sd card and click on link this app on sd card option check every box that you can and that is it ... You can also autolink every app that you install.If you still just want to do it with a2sd then i cant help you.

Im going to try your method. I don't really care with app I am using to do this, I just want to use that EXT3 partition to put all my apps freelly

Ill reply as soon as I do this