Google Music Scan and Match

Guest sensory

Guest sensory

Hi all,

Has anyone been able to get the new Scan and Match feature to work when uploading music to Google Music? If so, what did you do, exactly?

I tried just now with an album available on Google Music (Daft Punk - Discovery) but it still wanted me to upload the full album rather than just "unlocking" it for streaming on the Google Music app.

Yeah I've not had any luck with this either - and there's surprisingly little chatter about it on the interwebs.

I signed up for Google Music in the UK months ago using the VPN trick, but never got around to uploading more than a couple of albums. Been eagerly awaiting Scan&Match though (especially as I want to get a Nexus 4 when there's actually some stock available).

I would also guess that there will be an update to the client.

Guest sensory

An update to the client does seem like the logical step. Shame there's no real info on it. You'd think with such a great new feature people would be champing at the bit.

Guest IIIIkoolaidIIII

Been trying to find out about this myself! With, uploading 20,000 tracks on Virgin Media is going to take an age and I can see a good chunk of my library I'm uploading is in the store, so should theoretically be matched negating the need to upload it all. It would be nice to see some official comment on this. There posts don't seem to be mentioning it either apart from the initial 'it's available' one. Let's hope there is an update to the client soon.

Guest sensory

According to AndroiCentral the service has now launched in Europe, but I'm still not seeing any signs of it working.

http://www.androidce...now-live-europe

Edit: Nevermind, it seems to be working. I added my Music folder instead of adding separate folders I wanted uploading, and the amount of uploaded tracks is increasing independent of the uploads that are going on. While typing this it went from 278 to 294 while other tracks were still uploading.

Edited by sensory