Jr11 (JDQ39 / 4.2.2): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Nexus 4

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien
One more little question... If I want to start from scratch, I can not seem to find an option to format /system.. And I remember that the kitchen had an option for including format of /system partition for an earlier version of Google Nexus (I think it was Nexus One), any chance of including the same option for this ROM? Or is there a better way to start from scratch, with an empty phone?

Regards,

BTJ

System is wiped on every flash!

A factory reset wipes the other partitions...

P

System is wiped on every flash!

A factory reset wipes the other partitions...

P

Hmmm... I just installed the ROM and all the apps I had removed from the zip file, using the kitchen, were still installed... So it seems like it did not delete the system partition...

BTJ

Edited by BTJ

Guest PaulOBrien

Hmmm... I just installed the ROM and all the apps I had removed from the zip file, using the kitchen, were still installed... So it seems like it did not delete the system partition...

BTJ

It really does! I promise! ;-)

P

Yes, I see that from the updater-script but all the apps that was installed before I installed the ROM, are still there. Even if they are not inside the zip file I installed...

BTJ

A fix for that will follow. :-)

P

Awesome ty :)

Btw is anyone having problem with the screen not locked during calls? Ive noticed it a few times now when calling that the screen goes black (which it is supposed to) and when you talk for a bit you will unavoidably move the phone abit making the ear touch the screen and the phone has vibrated and putting out sounds due to pressing various stuff/widgets etc as the input is still active (which it shouldnt?)

Im using Jr5 but with another kernel and im not sure if it happened before I swapped kernel or not. Maybe someone more knowledgeable can tell if its kernel related or rom related?

Nvm, apparently kernel causing it

Edited by tndb

Hi Paul.

Something seems to be wrong with the battery options.

Neither circle or stock style works for me, have tried both and no percent.

Worked on Jr4 and works on my Nexus 7 ...

Guest PaulOBrien

Prebake is now online! :)

I'm offline this week, but i'll read all posts on my return and prepare the next update. Thanks for your support and Happy New Year! :)

I strongly recommend trying Franco Kernel with this ROM as it has some power fixes which aren't present in the stock kernel as yet!

P

Guest foyrtcw

Hi Paul.

Something seems to be wrong with the battery options.

Neither circle or stock style works for me, have tried both and no percent.

Worked on Jr4 and works on my Nexus 7 ...

I had to flash the Jr5 rom twice before it displayed the %.

Hi Paul,

I'm experiencing a strange bug, (running franco kernel)... during a call my screen doesn't turn back on, even pressing the power button doesn't wake the screen, therefore I can't end calls that need to be ended! It's more painful if I'm calling out as it comes back to life when the person on the other end hangs up... anyone else get anything similar?

Guest kisman

Hello everybody,

I'm an absolut beginner of rooting and customizing....Actually I've read a lot but there is one question left.

Is there an auto-update feature in the MoDaCo ROM, or do I have to flash manually every update/Jr?

Thx a lot

Guest r5ingh

Hi Paul,

I'm experiencing a strange bug, (running franco kernel)... during a call my screen doesn't turn back on, even pressing the power button doesn't wake the screen, therefore I can't end calls that need to be ended! It's more painful if I'm calling out as it comes back to life when the person on the other end hangs up... anyone else get anything similar?

Argh! it's bugging me so much, I can't end calls so I'm having to reboot every time I need to hangup!!

Guest Frank Alcantara

Hi.

Is there any way to make it so that I can swipe down on the right side to get the settings and on the left side to get the notifications (like on tablets)?

Thanks.

Possible to add a "user agent switch" in the classic webbrowser? I know you can use the debug option to reach the setting but its not permanent and goes away after a reboot :/

Edit: Found something that works splendid with chrome atleast so whenever you want to use desktop mode permanently, you can just fire up chrome and never have to press "use desktop mode" anymore.

Make a textfile called "chrome-command-line" and insert the following text into it

chrome --user-agent="Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/22.0.1207.1 Safari/537.1"

Upload the file to your phones internal memory (wherever) and then fire up your favourite root explorer app and rename the file, taking the "chrome-command-line.txt" extension away so the file name only is "chrome-command-line".

Now copy the file to /data/local/ and make sure its permissions is set to 755 and off you go :)

For more information/source check

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1811101

Edited by tndb

Guest kisman

Hello everybody,

I'm an absolut beginner of rooting and customizing....Actually I've read a lot but there is one question left.

Is there an auto-update feature in the MoDaCo ROM, or do I have to flash manually every update/Jr?

Thx a lot

Hi kisman.

you have to update manually.

Do I loose my settings and apps every time when I update manually? I think so.

How can I save my settings and app list? With Titanium Backup?

Where does it save the backup?

Or am I absolutly wrong with my thoughts? How do you handle this kind of problem (if it is really a problem ^_^ )

Thanks

Guest comicbookguy

Do I loose my settings and apps every time when I update manually? I think so.

How can I save my settings and app list? With Titanium Backup?

Where does it save the backup?

Or am I absolutly wrong with my thoughts? How do you handle this kind of problem (if it is really a problem ^_^ )

Thanks

as long as you dont wipe data and cache, you keep everything, but it's wise to backup with Titanium (apps and settings) and/or Clockworkmod (full backup of the entire rom with apps and settings) anyway (you probably wont need to restore the backup, but it is safer just in case....)

i also leave my last known good rom in the root folder (just in case something goes wrong and i can only access recovery) when im flashing a new bake

Edited by comicbookguy

I just installed my first online - baked modaco rom on my brand new Nexus 4 - and it is amazingly good. The only thing that didn't work was the battery sign. I chose the percentage with stock style, and I had to install the rom twice to make it work - the first time I just had the vanilla JB battery sign. I was looking for a setting to change for about 30 min until I decided to just do the (dirty) re-install. Perhaps you should mention that this can happen in the OP.

Besides from that : I love the rom, it's worth every € I spent on the AdFree Membership.

Guest jimborae

Does anyone know if there is hack available to remove the persistant search bar and resize the home page to 5x4, like there is for the Galaxy Nexus?

Cheers

J

Does anyone know if there is hack available to remove the persistant search bar and resize the home page to 5x4, like there is for the Galaxy Nexus?

Cheers

J

Easier to use a custom launcher like Apex, I've also removed the search bar and added another row of icons:

Screenshot_2013-01-07-12-54-45%20%28Custom%29.png