[OFFTOPIC] China Phone Discussion - UPDATED 30/10/2013

Guest kyan31

Thanks will have a look, how does this compare with juiyu g3, huawei g600, g330, not heard of this one, do you have any experience with this phone or know anyone that has bought one, would like some reviews before buying it.

its got the same specs as the jayju 3 but its cheaper and thinner and looks better in my opinion,

the UMI X1 looks to be quite a popular phone and have quite good support if you search google,

i personally would choose this over the jayju 3

EDIT: if you want to compare them search this in YouTube >> JiaYu G3 v UMI X1

also it looks like it now has an official 4.1.2 jelly bean update,

its got the same specs as the jayju 3 but its cheaper and thinner and looks better in my opinion,

the UMX X1 looks to be quite a popular phone and have quite good suport if you search google,

i personally would choose this over the jayju 3

EDIT: if you want to compare them search this in YouTube >> JiaYu G3 v UMI X1

THANKS, is that the best place to buy it from, and does that price include shipping, also does it come unlocked free on network?

THANKS, is that the best place to buy it from, and does that price include shipping, also does it come unlocked free on network?

yes, merrimobiles is the only place i would recommend as i have personally used them a good few times now, all phones come unlocked with free shipping

yes, merrimobiles the only place i would recommend as i have personally used them a good few times now, all phones come unlocked with free shipping

great thanks

seems like g3 has bigger battery capacity

apparently the UMI X1 actually ships with a 2500 mAh battery

also its about £15 cheaper, but yeah that's why the jayju 3 is chunky, because of the big battery size

suppose its comes down to personal preference, i personally don't like the design of the jayju 3

if you want a feature packed phone for a little more (£144.78) you might want to look at this

http://www.merimobil..._p/meri5670.htm

4.5" 1280x800px HD Capacitive Touch Screen

4G LTE

1GB RAM+ 16GB ROM

Snapdragon APQ8060 1.5G GHz Dual-core

GPU: Adreno 220

Record 1080P videos

NFC

think i would still go for the UMI X1, but that's just me

apparently the UMI X1 actually ships with a 2500 mAh battery

also its about £15 cheaper, but yeah that's why the jayju 3 is chunky, because of the big battery size

suppose its comes down to personal preference, i personally don't like the design of the jayju 3

if you want a feature packed phone for a little more (£144.78) you might want to look at this

http://www.merimobil..._p/meri5670.htm

4.5" 1280x800px HD Capacitive Touch Screen

4G LTE

1GB RAM+ 16GB ROM

Snapdragon APQ8060 1.5G GHz Dual-core

GPU: Adreno 220

Record 1080P videos

NFC

think i would still go for the UMI X1, but that's just me

it dosnt say it comes with bigger battery and if it did im guessing it would be ticker

it dosnt say it comes with bigger battery and if it did im guessing it would be ticker

apparently it dose, i don't know though just what i read...

search google, people are saying it was updated with 2500mAh battery on the official website

i tried to look but its in Chinese http://m.shuame.com/index.php/specifications

some one also asks it in the reviews of the phone on merrimobiles

Guest grabster

Just ordered the UMI X1 with dhl shipping.

Was gonna get a note 2 clone but the wife only has little hands and this is a neater option methinks.

Prerooted ,dhl shipping using paypal for the total sum of £142.15.

If its any good maybe i will get myself one as well.

Thanks to tillaz for links and info.

Just ordered the UMI X1 with dhl shipping.

Was gonna get a note 2 clone but the wife only has little hands and this is a neater option methinks.

Prerooted ,dhl shipping using paypal for the total sum of £142.15.

If its any good maybe i will get myself one as well.

Thanks to tillaz for links and info.

let me know how you get on with it.do u know if your getting the bigger battery.

found this on xda for the UMI X1, might be useful to anyone who gets one

Guide for Root and CWM recovery

ROOT

http://translate.goo....-09-52-52.html

RECOVERY:

http://translate.goo....nTRy1eHnFtJpJg

custom roms here (might need to use Google translate)

http://bbs.91umi.com...mdisplay&fid=37

original xda thread

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1978103

thanks for the info guys.the only thing putting me off is the low battery otherwise wud have ordered.

i wouldn't say its a low battery at 1750 mAh, is bigger than any battery i have had in a phone, and is still an upgrade from the G300

you could buy another battery lol ? http://gb.dinodirect.com/umi-x1-3g-smartphone-li-ion-battery.html?vn=RGlub2RpcmVjdEZ1Y2s&AFFID=33

i know its slim but no gorilla glass and camera sticks out

with slight knock it will smash.

It has ACG tempered glass, so it still has some sort of protection.

Guest jpoutnik

Hello, for the past 4 days I'm an owner and user of the Newman N2 phone (ordered from EtoTalk.com) and I must say I'm impressed with it. My previous phone was HTC Evo 3D, and the N2 is in different (better) league alltogether. It's a wonderful phone, one that I would recommend to all of you (but yes, it's more expensive than Umi X1)

Jiri

Hello, for the past 4 days I'm an owner and user of the Newman N2 phone (ordered from EtoTalk.com) and I must say I'm impressed with it. My previous phone was HTC Evo 3D, and the N2 is in different (better) league alltogether. It's a wonderful phone, one that I would recommend to all of you (but yes, it's more expensive than Umi X1)

Jiri

how expensive, what made you choose n2 over anything else?

just checked its £189 from fastcardteck, too expensive fo me.

it does look nice, looks a bit like g300, i wonder if i can get something simular in the lower price point,

Edited by yaqh

Guest jpoutnik

$320 USD incl. shipment from China.

What made me choose it over anything else? To that I must first answer another question: First of all, why go for a different phone, when I already had a rather good one, the HTC Evo 3D? Battery life. It was a rare day when I did not have to charge the phone early in the evening/night, and I do not play games a lot (when averaged it would not be more than 5minutes a day). All the phones up to or at around $200 with larger battery offered pretty similar or only slightly better features than my Evo3D (like HD display + larger battery in the JiaYu G3, or HD display with similar battery in Umi X1). For some time my favorite for upgrade ws Lenovo P770 - significantly larger battery, but otherwise almost the same as Evo 3D.

Then I came acros the N2 and learned that for ~50-60% more compared to the Umi or JiaYu, and for roughly the same as the P770, I could have a "machine" with performance to spare (the Exynos 4412 chip is either at the top of the race or very close to it), is well supported by development (unlike the new HuaWei quad core chip, whose graphic part is not supported well ATM), does not have AmoLED display (I'm not a fan there of at the current state of development. I've seen quite a few burned-in displays around me), has a larger display (4.3" of the Evo3D started feeling small, as I was using the phone more and more for reading, browsing, emails...) but still is comfortable to be used one-handed, and has a large battery which should provide it with relatively long battery life. Basically, that I could have a Samsung flagship for half the price.

It's true that I don't need the 4-cores performance, that 2-cores like in the Umi or JiaYu would be sufficient most (>95%) of the time, but it also means the unused cores can sleep and therefore lower the battery drain, prolonging battery life. In my opinion (and I might be completely wrong in this regard), the Exynos 4412 using only 2 cores should be more power efficient than the 2-core MediaTek MTK 6577 chip.

Also, on HTC Evo 3D I was using CyanogenMod ROM (agrabren's CM10 Disarmed Toaster), and was reasoning that since the N2 has that Exynos for lower price, some skilled developer would catch on and port some of the SGSIII ROMs to the N2 - IMO the community around that phone should grow well and fast, in my opinion more than the community around the Umi or JiaYu, or the other phones (ZTE,...)

Jiri

Edited by jpoutnik

i know its slim but no gorilla glass and camera sticks out

with slight knock it will smash.

corning gorilla glass it not the only kind of hard glass you know

dragontail glass is said to be 6 times stronger than gorilla glass witch is a Japanese brand used in smaptphones,

plus many more brands are just as good http://www.fastcompa...ough-glass-game

the glass the UMI X1 uses will be just as strong as corning gorilla glass as it tempered, it just wont be a well known brand, like most cheaper products from china

but to be fair, even if you knock gorilla glass 2 slightly it can smash, look how easy the iphone and nexus 4 have been cracking,

don't think there is anything better or the same as the jayju 3 or UMI X1 for the price right now, you would have to spend a little more.

to be honest it might be a good idea to wait till the end of the mouth and see what the new MT6589 (quad core) china phones are like

as there supposed to be available the end of January

like the Huawei G520 said to be around £140, qaud core MT6589

http://tech2auto.in/...aunched-at-225/

Guest Costy88031

Jiri

What wheight are?To the fastcartech I see :850gram. It's true?It's not to much?