[OFFTOPIC] China Phone Discussion - UPDATED 30/10/2013

Guest kyan31

Guest PCTechRoss

first let down about the china phones (and i see this a lot) is the battery is not the size they say its is....

manufacture says its 2800mAh on the battery

retailers in china say its really 2200mAh (most websites i looked at)

so after checking myself, i was quite shocked to find its only 1500mAh... but it comes with two battery's, so not to bad ?

the app i used to check is definitely legit as it reports the nexus 4 as having 2100mAh (which is correct)

H7500----------------------------------------------------Nexus 4

post-913969-0-72909500-1363883151_thumb. post-913969-0-27929800-1363883143_thumb.

What app is this?

Guest kyan31
so, both phones where delivered today...

and i must say i'm quite impressed

They do look impressive! I can't wit to get a jiayu G4 myself, my brothers G2 has amazing build quality and performance even for a dual core device, so a quad core version will be fantastic!

Edited by kyan31

Guest tillaz

That's a small battery for a big screen will have to let us know how it goes

after reading more about that app i used, i'm not sure it is 1500, as it says unsupported devices will not give an accurate mAh reading

NOT all phones report accurate mA - Check app web-site for more information for your phone

and this phone takes ages to fully charge, just like on the nexus 4...

will try to find out what it really is, how long it lasts should give an indication

Guest blaster99999

As long as you can get a full days use with a lot of us that's all that matters , what's everything else like, screen Res, speed , response , is it rooted, what apps work what dont

Guest kyan31

...and does it have a recovery? I don't care what language it is, I could translate it myself after looking at a few tutorials :P

Edited by kyan31

Guest dakok

Another budget Huawei:

http://www.ADVERT LINK REMOVED.com/news/MetroPCS-introduces-the-Huawei-Premia-4G-priced-off-contract-for-149.99_id41089[/CODE]

Guest tillaz

As long as you can get a full days use with a lot of us that's all that matters , what's everything else like, screen Res, speed , response , is it rooted, what apps work what dont

well, i played gta vice city for 15mins and it used 6% battery, before passing them on to my parents

build quality is excellent

1GB RAM

1280X720 (720p ISP DISPLAY)

implementation of jelly bean is very good (4.1.2) (everything works)

very fast and responsive, plays gta vice city with no problem

has WIFI Direct

camera is average, flashlight apps work

not came across any apps that did not work, all gameloft games showed in the play store

will update this after a couple of days see what they think of it, and what they dislike / how long the battery lasts

the recovery, is useless its in chines and only has an option to format data... the rest is just various hardware tests

once i root it, i will build clockworkmod for it though :)

will wait a couple of days and ask what the bad things about it are

Guest bladebuddy

What Chinese sellers do , with regarding high end torches is to advertise the maximum lumin power you can expect. Always takes into account using 2 batteries ( that are impossible to fit) to give you the expected values. Looking at what you're saying they do the same things with phones. Probably not illegal in China , something to think about though.

Guest blaster99999

well, i played gta vice city for 15mins and it used 6% battery, before passing them on to my parents

1GB RAM

has WIFI Direct

not came across any apps that did not work, all gameloft games showed in the play store

will update this after a couple of days see what they think of it, and what they dislike / how long the battery lasts

the recovery, is useless its in chines and only has an option to format data... the rest is just various hardware tests

once i root it, i will build clockworkmod for it though smile.png

1GB RAM

has WIFI Direct

once i root it, i will build clockworkmod for it though smile.png

For the price you paid its a very good spec , I didn't notice is it dual sim , did you get stung with import duty , and how is the battery lasting up.

Guest tillaz

For the price you paid its a very good spec , I didn't notice is it dual sim , did you get stung with import duty , and how is the battery lasting up.

yes, dual sim

no customs charges, i thought it might of with it been delivered by DHL, but it was only held in customs for 2 days before been cleared

the battery is on par with my nexus 4, lasts a day with moderate use, normally 15% to 20% left around 11pm

it also takes ages to charge like the nexus 4... witch makes me think it is 2200mAh

for anyone else, here is the phones i got

http://www.merimobil..._p/meri7358.htm

i personally would not choose this phone though, as a 5inch display is way to big for me... (cant use it with one hand)

but my parents wanted a big screen, 5 inch preferably, so when with this

4.5 to 4.7 inch device is what i would go for

Guest raverrr

Another budget Huawei:

http://www.ADVERT LINK REMOVED.com/news/MetroPCS-introduces-the-Huawei-Premia-4G-priced-off-contract-for-149.99_id41089[/CODE]

I like the look of that for the price. I wonder if they will ship to UK.

"Wi-Fi 802.11n"

...shame

Guest blaster99999

OK thanks for the update , I'm like you in I like the size of the g300 and would like a maximum of 4.5 inch screen , but I am tempted due to the spec for the money , I've had a good look but can't see any where is it dual sim dual standby , and did you order any extras

Guest andy/newbie

Another budget Huawei:

looks very good for the money i want it

Guest PCTechRoss

another budget quad core from huawei £138.49

http://www.merimobil..._p/meri8998.htm

i guess the 512mb ram would be put of though... seems a bit stupid,

They release way too many phones than they can handle , maybe they should fix the updates on the devices they have at the moment + 512mb ram Why??? too low for a quad core

Edited by PCTechRoss

Guest kyan31

Apparently ZTE are releasing a Quad core phone with 4 GB RAM. It doesn't seem necessary though, Android would never utilize the full capability of it - yet.

Guest tillaz

only problem with zte these days is they neglect the rest of the world, keeping there stuff in china :( what happened to there deal with orange ???

anyway this looks interesting, apparently it will be 999 yuan... which is around £100

http://www.gizchina.com/2013/03/26/no-1-s5-boasts-4-8-inch-hd-display-and-quad-core-cpu/

if true i will buy one just to mess around with lol

Guest kyan31

only problem with zte these days is they neglect the rest of the world, keeping there stuff in china sad.png what happened to there deal with orange ???

anyway this looks interesting, apparently it will be 999 yuan... which is around £100

http://www.gizchina....-quad-core-cpu/

if true i will buy one just to mess around with lol

I just saw that before, but don't believe mockups. Have you seen the Narudo Lando...

Previous mockups (slim, sexy :P )

Narudo-Lando-X02-2.jpg

Actual device :mellow:

narudo-lando-x2-launched.jpg

257675_14.jpeg

Its thick, and tacky, this is a mockup gone terribly wrong.

what happened to there deal with orange ???

I totally agree, they were doing great with their line of ZTE products.

Edited by kyan31

Guest PCTechRoss

257675_14.jpeg

Its thick, and tacky, this is a mockup gone terribly wrong.

Looks fat & very cheap :o

Edited by PCTechRoss