[OFFTOPIC] China Phone Discussion - UPDATED 30/10/2013

Guest kyan31

CPU: MTK6589 ARMv7 Cortex-A7 28nm Quad-core 1.2GHz

GPU: Imagination PowerVR SGX544

1GB ram, 5" and dual sim. Battery 2500mah

It came preinstalled with english rom but i flashed newer one straight away.

For the price i paid 131$ its really best buy right now.

Antutu score 13800, which is almost like samsung gs3. All new games like fifa 14, real racing 3, plants vs zombies 2 run really smooth.

Battery life is the best one i seen on the phone thanks to low power 28nm cpu/gpu. With g300 i got barely a day then needed a charge now, three days with ease. Two days after heavy use.

I order mine frome ali express (ebe store) and got free two screen protectors and one silicon case.

It's on amazon for £105 but the review is saying 3g is not good, do you have any issues with it?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/ZTE-V967S-Quad-core-MTK6589-Android4-2/dp/B00CQ24416

Nope, everything is perfect for me. Im on 3G right now.

the only thing that puts me off is the screen size, coming from g300 i think it's a tad too big, does this come in smaller screen size, i was after 4.3 or 4.5?

Guest Dovahpig

You can order lenovo a820, same hardware just with 4,5". For me 5" is great. Now when i take g300 in my hands it looks like a baby toy :D i could never go again below 5".

You mean GPS? After tweaking it takes two seconds do locate a sattelite. Before tweak around 20seconds

but when you start driving/moving does it hold the lock, or drift all over the place ?

Guest apple2005

Just look at the top of any translated page in search field. Anyway, here it is

Download

Thank you very much dakok BUT this is exactly the same rom which I installed before and uninstalled because of not having navigation buttons. Now I downloaded and installed again but the same problem.

Now, my question is whether you also have the same problem? Is it built like that? I want back and meno buttons. Please help. Thanks in advance.

Thank you very much dakok BUT this is exactly the same rom which I installed before and uninstalled because of not having navigation buttons. Now I downloaded and installed again but the same problem.

Now, my question is whether you also have the same problem? Is it built like that? I want back and meno buttons. Please help. Thanks in advance.

You can enable navigation bar in almost any rom, google build.prop how to enable navigation buttons. If I remember correctly it only takes changing one line in build prop. There might even be an app that does that, as I've seen that GravityBox does that on all AOSP roms(unfortunately it can't work with MIUI).

EDIT- sry it isn't build.prop it's framework-res. Here are the instructions http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1364757. Try that but backup first in case you have any issues with this "fix".

Edited by Muse91

Guest apple2005
You can enable navigation bar in almost any rom, google build.prop how to enable navigation buttons. If I remember correctly it only takes changing one line in build prop. There might even be an app that does that, as I've seen that GravityBox does that on all AOSP roms(unfortunately it can't work with MIUI). EDIT- sry it isn't build.prop it's framework-res. Here are the instructions http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1364757. Try that but backup first in case you have any issues with this "fix".
Thanks Muse91 for your help. I tried to install some software from play store for soft buttons and it messed up everything. So I have to uninstall the ROM and installed the modded MIUI ROM. I will try again when I am free, what you suggested. Edited by apple2005

Guest apple2005

the only thing that puts me off is the screen size, coming from g300 i think it's a tad too big, does this come in smaller screen size, i was after 4.3 or 4.5?

CPU: MTK6589 ARMv7 Cortex-A7 28nm Quad-core 1.2GHz

GPU: Imagination PowerVR SGX544

1GB ram, 5" and dual sim. Battery 2500mah

It came preinstalled with english rom but i flashed newer one straight away.

For the price i paid 131$ its really best buy right now.

Antutu score 13800, which is almost like samsung gs3. All new games like fifa 14, real racing 3, plants vs zombies 2 run really smooth.

Battery life is the best one i seen on the phone thanks to low power 28nm cpu/gpu. With g300 i got barely a day then needed a charge now, three days with ease. Two days after heavy use.

I order mine frome ali express (ebe store) and got free two screen protectors and one silicon case.

Which shop on aliexpress did you buy from? I am interested also. I searched but all 145 plus. Thanks.

Guest Frankish

You can enable navigation bar in almost any rom, google build.prop how to enable navigation buttons. If I remember correctly it only takes changing one line in build prop. There might even be an app that does that, as I've seen that GravityBox does that on all AOSP roms(unfortunately it can't work with MIUI).

EDIT- sry it isn't build.prop it's framework-res. Here are the instructions http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1364757. Try that but backup first in case you have any issues with this "fix".

Erm build.prop is much easier isn't it?

qemu.hw.mainkeys=0

In case you didn`t know, there is another interesting phone UI.

It is MUSE UI - originaly developed for Konka phones.

Here you can see Muse UI v3 on Lenovo P780 smartphone:

http://youtu.be/cXQE42A_Myo

qemu.hw.mainkeys=0

Yeah I was almost certain it can be done with build prop because that's what I did on HD2 but couldn't remember correctly. And I searched for a way to do this so I just pasted it as it seemed to have complete instructions which are more or less noobproof :D. Either way I hope he succeeds with enabling it using one of the stated methods.

Also good news for all you MIUI lovers out there, we got some nice support from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2481178. It adds some useful features to our roms without actually having to flash anything. It's very simple so even beginners can get a taste of some extra features. Fairly similar to Xposed module if you're familiar with that. Be sure to follow instructions given in the thread linked above and enjoy :). 

Edited by Muse91

Guest apple2005

qemu.hw.mainkeys=0

Thanks Frankish.

I did that in build.prop but of no use. This line is actually not present in build.prop..so I added this line but had no effect. Any further suggestion will be highly appreciated. Thanks.

Note on parcels containing batteries from Pandawill

They quit on using belgian post today, too.

It seems that only remaining cheap air transport for lithium batteries (and devices with batteries)

goes through:

Singpost (single battery)

Sweden Post

Deutsche post

Guest Maringer

I'd imagine it means more expensive postage, probably by DHL and the expectation of import duty/VAT nudging the prices up further.

It sounds as though the Swedes and Germans are OK for the moment, however.

Found another quality phone for a bargain price today:

Neken N6 MTK6589T + 16GB ram = $190

FHD screen,  f/2.2 13Mpix camera, compass

It has MIUI now at miui.com, too

Edited by dakok