[OFFTOPIC] China Phone Discussion - UPDATED 30/10/2013

Guest kyan31

Guest apple2005

Don't take it wrong. But do anybody know of any store on aliexpress owned by females. The majority of store owners are just cheaters. Females are very good in business. Please if you know any, share with us. Thanks.

Guest apple2005

Probably more important that you find stores that people have used without problem rather than focusing on male or female owners.

The problem is that people have different mindsets. They order and then sleep. I am asking the store before giving any order, whether they have the item in store. Majority are telling lies that they have in store. In fact they don't have. And here my problem start, when I order something and it is delayed. Recently I had a fight with two stores because of this, although people have given excellent feedback. I don't know what to do? Even the other online stores are also cheaters.

The problem is that people have different mindsets. They order and then sleep. I am asking the store before giving any order, whether they have the item in store. Majority are telling lies that they have in store. In fact they don't have. And here my problem start, when I order something and it is delayed. Recently I had a fight with two stores because of this, although people have given excellent feedback. I don't know what to do? Even the other online stores are also cheaters.

It is very simple. There is nothing in a Chinese store that you cannot get the same (or similar) spec from a store much closer to home. (UK in my case) The difference is price, and for that advantage you face some potential problems. Lying store owners (male and female !), Customs charges, slow delivery etc etc.

You pays your money and takes your chances. It's that simple. !! 

Pay by PayPal if you can. Sites like AliExpress keep your money until you have received the goods and are satisfied with the product before they release it to the supplier.

The rules are different when buying from China. Nobody forces you to do it if you don't like the rules.

Not really. There is a lot in chinese stores you

can't get in UK and if you find something you can

and you pay for it, you discover that it needs to be shipped

from China :).

Aliexpress is fine, but you need to pay

more. Paypal is OK for money returns but you

have to fight a bit. Nothing to worry much about.

Guest apple2005

Not really. There is a lot in chinese stores you

can't get in UK and if you find something you can

and you pay for it, you discover that it needs to be shipped

from China :).

Aliexpress is fine, but you need to pay

more. Paypal is OK for money returns but you

have to fight a bit. Nothing to worry much about.

I fully agree with you. Many things we don't find here. And if found, are much costlier. That's why we are buying from China.

Am looking to get an opinion on a value for money phone, (have a THL W200 on the way to me) but am looking for something cheaper as well for the young fella, preferably under 150 euro (landed in Ireland, including vat as everything seems to be caught, and delivery) so I think I am probably looking at phones less than 150usd.

So the HAIER W910 was my likely selection, but just wondering if anyone had any (better) suggestions before I order it.

I got my Haier W910 from DealsPrime via standard shipping (not courier) and it wasn't stopped for Irish customs/taxes.

Of course I STILL haven't gotten around to switching over to it yet and am still on the G300 so I can't give you much of a review of it...  :blush:

if you want really cheap then cubot gt72 @ 42.99 fleabay and ships from uk

also picked up a thl w100 for 108.99 on fleabay which also ships from uk

256MB RAM!?! Good luck!  :D I used one of those once (Vodafone Smart/Huawei U8160) and it was a nightmare...

I got my Haier W910 from DealsPrime via standard shipping (not courier) and it wasn't stopped for Irish customs/taxes.

Of course I STILL haven't gotten around to switching over to it yet and am still on the G300 so I can't give you much of a review of it...  :blush:

From previous experience with Dealsprime (aka GadgetGreats/Chinagrabber/ and a few other names) I would not buy anything off any of their sites.

Guest Hurders

What do people reckon as to typical shipping estimations in terms of days from China at the moment? I understand there's a bit of an issue with shipping items with batteries?

I'm waiting on a W100 bought on ebay for a very decent price but shipped from China. I'm also looking at getting another Chinese phone for another member of the family or maybe getting something better for me and they can have the W100 when it gets here! but I'm not sure whether to pay a bit more a get it from a UK seller on ebay? Although I don't nind waiting a bit for delivery from China, also how often are people getting stung by the customs tax these days?

Phones I'm considering are those with the MTK6582M chip in like the Zopo ZP820 or the W100S, they seem to benchmark a bit higher than the MTK6589 equivalents, any thoughts?

Guest shweeney

What do people reckon as to typical shipping estimations in terms of days from China at the moment? I understand there's a bit of an issue with shipping items with batteries?

I ordered from Focalprice, airmail on the 30/9 - it only arrived into Ireland on the 5/11 and still got sent to customs (the main reason I had gone with airmail rather than DHL).  So my advice would be to go with the courier option and just assume your going to have to pay the customs charge (though YMMV in the UK).

Edited by shweeney

same, i would recommend dealsprime as i had good experiences with them and they had the lowest price, will probably look what they have when the new MTK6592 devices release 

Guest Frankish

same, i would recommend dealsprime as i had good experiences with them and they had the lowest price, will probably look what they have when the new MTK6592 devices release

I had good experience with Dealsprime too no issues really. Bit slow to reply to emails but that's about it...