[OFFTOPIC] China Phone Discussion - UPDATED 30/10/2013

Guest kyan31

Guest blaster99999

Need to get a new phone, bored with the Vowney V5, but the choice is so big now in the Chinese phone market the spec seems good and probably a great phone, but so was the Vowney V5  until the problems arose with the GPS and Compass it was still a good phone though, even with those concerns.  Sure this inew v3 will appear on peoples choice list........might be worth the wait until a few people have purchased though to see if there are any bugs with it..

Same here I like my v5 but need a phone with good GPS the vowney GPS is rubbish, I've found the inew v3 on aliexpress for £100 very tempted to try one only concern is 1830 mah battery

Dalyer, regardless of how fast your W910 may be ( ;)), can you give an indication how you're finding using it? How is battery life of the device and is the Jellybean ROM you have installed pretty stable?

My FAEA F1 has a few issues which leave me a little unhappy, and I'm thinking about trying to get a W910 once again. After Dealsprime cancelled my order, I notice that Focalprice now have it available cheap so I may take a punt.

I'm very late responding to this but I only started using my Haier W910 as a daily phone on Xmas Eve.

I'm running this ROM:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=48585228#post48585228

Which I found out about here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2394696&page=21

As I say in both threads the ROM is working pretty well for me so far.

Seems pretty stable.

A few quirks as mentioned in the first thread but nothing major so far.

I'm getting about 2 days battery life while still playing with it quite a bit while still installing, tweaking and playing with it. And I haven't really done much power usage/wakelock analysis and optimization yet.

As I said above if anybody has any questions let me know and I'll try to help.

I still miss my G300 a bit but I'm sure I'll get over it. :D

Guest Maringer

Thanks for the comments.

I was sorely tempted to buy a Moto G the other week but managed to hold back as the 16GB memory limit is a little too small for me (despite the small OTG adapters linked in this thread).

I'm currently thinking about perhaps going for a new phone with the MT6582 chip or maybe waiting to see how MT6588 devices perform. A lot happening at the moment and I'm still saving for the wedding so I have to admit that thoughts about a new phone have been put on the back burner for a few months at least. I'll muddle on through with the F1 until then.

Guest blaster99999

Just setup a moto g 8gb version which I got for her from tesco £99 , good for the money unlocked using code bought from eBay cost £2. I like the screen very responsive nice nd bright and good crisp screen would say its as good as my vowney v5 , seems fast phone , now what I don't like feels very cheap and no front buttons uses screen buttons so you loose some of the 4.5 inch screen to accomadate the buttons I really don't like that idea at all and find it too easy to catch the home button, I think there's better £100 chinese phones out there to be honest, its a think phone too, but big plus all the software works well and GPS works spot on unlike my vowney.

no front buttons uses screen buttons so you loose some of the 4.5 inch screen to accomadate the buttons I really don't like that idea at all and find it too easy to catch the home button

For what it's worth the Haier W910 also has no capacitive buttons and only on screen buttons so I use this because I don't like the loss of screen real estate :) It adds a few taps/swipes to some operations but so far I'm happy with it.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gmd.hidesoftkeys

I also tried this but couldn't get used to it:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.smart.swkey

However I'd love a decent gesture based utility to replace the on screen buttons but haven't found one yet.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the comments.

No problem. I know that the Haier W910 is a bit long in the tooth now so I am not surprised if people are not going for it.

However for €90 it'll do me fine for a while anyway and it's working well so far. :)

@ blaster 99999, been looking on Aliexpress for inew v3,found some £99.50   but free postage turns into pay for postage, which supplier did you use?

Edited by bryfly

Guest blaster99999

@ blaster 99999, been looking on Aliexpress for inew v3,found some £99.50   but free postage turns into pay for postage, which supplier did you use?

well funny you should say that because today the seller as come back asking for $10 more to cover postage , pitty cos I thought at that £99 I thought it was really cheap , I have also found it on ebay for £120 but that includes dhl postage so might go for that option now

Better Inewv3 offer here......

http://www.to2c.com/inew-v3-mtk6582-quad-core-nfc-5-0-fhd-screen-1-3ghz-android-4-2-1gb-16gb-1280-720.html

Use code inewv3 to bring cost to £106.76

Free Gifts

Original Earphone, Original Leather Case, Original Screen Film

DHL Shipping £11.11.

PayPal.

Anybody used this site before, have not heard of them before now.

Also does anyone know how the MTK6582 does in relation to GPS/SatNav uses ?

Guest ChrisPNE

Okay,

Let me ask you a question :

How frequently you track your order if you buy something from online stores?

I check daily.

More frequently than that is a waste of time as they don't update that often.

As far as I can remember there was a similar story in

the second half 2012, about cheap Qualcomm phones.

Then Mediatek bombed the market with mtk6589 and it

turned out that Qualcomm phones were really cheap and fine but

the GPU (adreno 203) was not good enough.

To2c store is OK. I think that there are few Russian or French

forums who's members regularly buy there...

Mediatek could be the new Qualcomm if they just released popper source, i don't understand why they don't they only hurt the companny.

the adreno 305 seems to be the GPU in the budget qaulcomm devices now (its in the Moto G & Idol S)

but i think that will be slightly upgraded in the snapdragon 410, would be great if they threw in the adreno 320

Edit:

it uses a new "adreno 306" GPU

http://crave.cnet.co.uk/mobiles/snapdragon-410-is-a-64-bit-4g-chip-for-sub-100-phones-50012984/ & http://www.anandtech.com/show/7573/qualcomm-announces-snapdragon-410-based-on-64bit-arm-cortex-a53-and-adreno-306-gpu

Guest Starman28

Well my I new v3 arrived on Monday 6th, so 8 days in total. Paid £11.11p Dhl shipping, that's £117.87p in total.

Phone well packaged and as described.

I had 2 online chats with To2c because my order was showing as " processing " and I was getting a little bit concerned., they said "everything was OK and not to worry"

despite my order showing as " processing" up until the day before it arrived! I did receive a tracking no but, that was pretty useless as my phone was delivered the same day.

The phone itself is well built and of good quality, all be it a little on the large size ( height), but is light and slim, ( not 6.5 mm tho) more like 8 mm.

Screen nice and bright and touchscreen very responsive. GPS working OK without any tweeks. Camera not as good as I thought it would be. Antutu 16965.

Battery getting a full day, 3 to 4 hours internet, music say 1 hour, and average calls 10 x 2 mins and texts 20 to 30.

Would I use To2c again? Probably PayPal backup is a bonus.

Overall, very happy.

Edited by Starman28

Guest Maringer

Sounds like a nice phone. The new MTK6582 sounds pretty decent and it will be good if it resolves Mediatek's issues with GPS.

To be honest, despite the mention of a Sony sensor and F2.0 aperture, I'm not too surprised that the camera might be a little underwhelming. I think image quality on the budget phones is likely to remain average at best until image stabilisation becomes cheap enough to include. As only a couple of top end phones currently have IS, I'd be surprised if we saw it towards the bottom end of the market any time soon.

I dream for the days when we can get a cheap(ish) Android phone with image quality close to the Lumia 1020...

Think I could be waiting some time for this! ;)

Starman28..........anymore to report on your inew v3, as you have had it a week to play with now, does compass and GPS perform better than the Vowney v5?