[OFFTOPIC] China Phone Discussion - UPDATED 30/10/2013

Guest kyan31

Guest Rico_89

So this is pretty good news since this is only 2 weeks :D

Hopefully it'll go that way for you Wacky.

I thought for the next six months these phones would be "two weeks" away from being released.. :P

---------------------------------------

Oh yeah, my last statement in regards to not wanting to buy a clone phone. Well if a quad core clone of the Xiaomi Mi3 is released for under £150 then I'm in lol.

Edited by Rico_89

Guest Wacky.ddw

Hopefully it'll be go that way for you Wacky.

I thought for the next six months these phones would be "two weeks" away from being release.. :P

---------------------------------------

Oh yeah, my last statement in regards to not wanting to buy a clone phone. Well if a quad core clone of the Xiaomi Mi3 is released for under £150 then I'm in lol.

Well i wont order it that way because i dont live in Netherland and its way to expencive to order it via jiayu themself. But its still better than a mid august release :P But you have a point :D

Guest bryfly

Got fed up with waiting for the Vowney v5, which has now gone out to the end of the month with merimobiles, so rightly or wrongly ordered the Newman K1.........hope its ok, to late if its not..lol

Guest Rico_89

Got fed up with waiting for the Vowney v5, which has now gone out to the end of the month with merimobiles, so rightly or wrongly ordered the Newman K1.........hope its ok, to late if its not..lol

And they were so convincing when they said...

15th May 2013.... we should be getting them this week or by monday, thank you

Let us know how you get on ,, The K1 looks as good as the V5, but doesn't have OTG,.. no big deal though still an awesome price for the specs.

Guest bryfly

And they were so convincing when they said...

Let us know how you get on ,, The K1 looks as good as the V5, but doesn't have OTG,.. no big deal though still an awesome price for the specs.

Will do , Thought it seemed fine for £130 after 5% discount, was not to bothered by the otg, unless you wanna pull your hair out it seems best to order what is in stock rather then all the delays that seem to happen when it is on pre sale

Guest blaster99999

ive found same order what they have in stock or you could have a very long wait, only problem is getting a honest answer from most china retailers, lots will tell you there instock even when there not, ive cancelled 5 orders due to this, but im happy with my zte v970 , it will do until quad core are main stream and easier to get hold off at around the £100 mark.

Guest Colossae3.23

one thing i have noticed about china phones.... why do no of them ever have NFC ?

That's a really good question. If none of them have it, yet the other specs are high end? This might be a silly question, but is it legal there?

Guest Tamthebam79

I totally agree with Colossa3;

8mp with that benchmark should equal great pics, with zero lag when you take the picture. And videos should be smooth and lag free.

Is the LG X4 HD good phone as there is one on gumtree near me for £100 too months old is it worth it? as i have been waiting on buying a G4 but it keeps getting delayed

My only problem with the Xiaomi M2A, apart from the small 4.5 inch screen, is the price, if I'm going to spend over £200 then I'd rather buy an LG :http://www.expansys....0-black-229927/ £250, 5" and in country.

Now if I did have a spare £300 plus laying around and a plane ticket to China then this is what I would save for; The Xiaomi Mi3 Probably the best looking phone I've seen.

2.5gb ram: Quad core; 5" IPS screen; 13mp camera..

Mi3_04.jpg

xiaomi-m3-designs-leaked.jpeg

3-Alleged-XiaoMi-Mi3-photos.jpg

XiaoMi-Mi3_2.jpg

Guest Wacky.ddw

I've never even heard of it so im sure i wont mis it. I just googled it doesnt seem something usefull.

I wouldnt even care if the phones had no bluetooth. I've never used it

And the OTG... why would you want to plug a usb into your phone if you can just connect it to your pc?

The only feature i would really like is hdmi trough the micro usb port.

Guest Rico_89

I've never even heard of it so im sure i wont mis it. I just googled it doesnt seem something usefull.

I wouldnt even care if the phones had no bluetooth. I've never used it

And the OTG... why would you want to plug a usb into your phone if you can just connect it to your pc?

The only feature i would really like is hdmi trough the micro usb port.

NFC I'd use but I agree I can live with out it easily, but OTG is another matter. It allows you to connect your phone as a flash drive to another device. So you could connect your phone to your HD TV with a USB connection and PS3 etc. Also you can use a mouse, and I suspect keyboard, on your phone, which might seem useless until you find a need for it, for example playing games "onlive", editing pictures and so on.

Guest bryfly

Would you credit it, ordered the Newman k1 due to Vowney v5 going out till end month , just looked and the Vowney V5 is now in stock, wife wants phone so now ordered the Vowney v5 for her, the question is should I change my Newman k1 to the Vowney V5...........what do you think guys, specs are very similar apart from OTG on the vowney but better camera on the Newman......

Guest akarana

Why don't Chinese phones have NFC? Because almost nobody uses it in China. Using a credit card is rare in China. Cash is king. Everybody wanders round with wads of banknotes. It's a cultural thing. People selling stuff like to see and touch real money. The online merchants being quoted here are a very small part of their commerce exposed to the west. Inside China is another story.

Guest blaster99999

I made my attempt on a chinese phone. After all the talk here i decided to start with this one.

http://www.pandawill...ack-p74583.html

Hopefully Tillaz will buy the same and have a rom :D !!

any sign of your phone yet mate, looks like there out of stock when i ordered , im still awaiting for it to be dispatched.

Guest Rico_89

Would you credit it, ordered the Newman k1 due to Vowney v5 going out till end month , just looked and the Vowney V5 is now in stock, wife wants phone so now ordered the Vowney v5 for her, the question is should I change my Newman k1 to the Vowney V5...........what do you think guys, specs are very similar apart from OTG on the vowney but better camera on the Newman......

Honestly I don't think you'd notice a difference, they both look slick and fast and seeing how you've decided to get a V5 then you might want to stick with the K1 and compare the two.

The K1 has a 13mp rear camera, a 2mp front camera. V5, 8mp rear and 1.3mp front.

Personally I wouldn't mind either.

Guest bryfly

Honestly I don't think you'd notice a difference, they both look slick and fast and seeing how you've decided to get a V5 then you might want to stick with the K1 and compare the two.

The K1 has a 13mp rear camera, a 2mp front camera. V5, 8mp rear and 1.3mp front.

Personally I wouldn't mind either.

Cheers....That's what I decided to do .....compare both, keep the best one, then wife can have the other...lol

Guest Rico_89

Cheers....That's what I decided to do .....compare both, keep the best one, then wife can have the other...lol

LOL .. good luck, hope you don't end up on the couch :P .

Guest dakok

Here`s a thing to make your choice more complicated:

http://www.hardmob.com.br/mobile/490333-celulares-chineses-de-qualidade-117.html#post10158772[/CODE]

Guest Colossae3.23

Why don't Chinese phones have NFC? Because almost nobody uses it in China. Using a credit card is rare in China. Cash is king. Everybody wanders round with wads of banknotes. It's a cultural thing. People selling stuff like to see and touch real money. The online merchants being quoted here are a very small part of their commerce exposed to the west. Inside China is another story.

that's interesting, thanks