[OFFTOPIC] China Phone Discussion - UPDATED 30/10/2013

Guest kyan31

Guest dalyer

On the other hand some people claimed that courier shipments were more likely to get hit for taxes than regular post? Not sure how true that is though...

Still waiting on my Haier W910 from DealsPrime which shipped on 19th Sept...

I'm getting really impatient waiting for my w200. It left China allegedly dayyyys ago. Suppose it's still only been 12 days so far...

What did it cost? Seen a few sold on ebay.co.uk for around 127gbp - 149gbp, so was thinking of getting one on there (UK stock, so no delays or customs to be added. There are a few buy it now for around 169 also.

Guest Frankish

I paid around the 128 mark but I did opt for free shipping as dhl shipped items seem to get customs charges. They sent my phone almost instantly and it left China promptly it's just the bit I between now where Parcelforce don't have tracking info for it yet.

Guest ovecka

I paid around the 128 mark but I did opt for free shipping as dhl shipped items seem to get customs charges. They sent my phone almost instantly and it left China promptly it's just the bit I between now where Parcelforce don't have tracking info for it yet.

I head the exact opposite. :) Myself, I recieved my Haier after 40 days with a full customs charge worth 1/4 of the phone cost using China registered air mail. Unlucky? I wouldn't say so.

Guest suskisunami

Go to needrom they have 2 roms. Just read everything just in case.

oh yeah ty , but i want custom roms like they have for the h9500 i think they only have 2 roms :l

Guest Maringer

I think that if you order by DHL, you're almost certain to catch customs/import duty. Your best option is to get the seller to claim the value of the package is much less than actually paid to reduce the cost of these charges.

If you go by one of the cheaper services you've got a better chance of avoiding any additional charges, but you do have to wait...

For orders placed during the past couple of weeks, note that it was the Chinese Moon Festival on 19th September when apparently pretty much everything grinds to a halt anywhere with a large Chinese population. Expect additional delays to postage of the sort you also get around Christmas and (Western) New Year!

Guest Frankish

That's what i suspected with my package i'm only impatient because when i tracked my X9 on the Chinese website one day it said it had left the country the next it showed up on parcel force and was delivered. So i got a little excited to see my W200 "leave the country" so quick. I was hoping i'd missed the delays but evidently not.

It has only been a week and 6 days tomorrow though :)

Guest Containerx2

Any users with Haier W910?

I would like some opinios regarding this phone, not reviews from various sites. :)

I head the exact opposite. :) Myself, I recieved my Haier after 40 days with a full customs charge worth 1/4 of the phone cost using China registered air mail. Unlucky? I wouldn't say so.

So, any thoughts please? :D

Guest ovecka

So, any thoughts please? :D

It's one hell of a phone for its price. Awesome screen, perfect build quality, a tad low battery but still, it can handle 3 days as I am neiter gamer nor facebook user. Everything is perfectly smooth and I haven't noticed any bugs yet. Apart from that, the GPS is the best I have ever seen outside of dedicated systems. It can fix the signal inside a building with 2 floors above me. Outside, the fix takes about 15 seconds with a 3 m accuracy which is great for both geocaching and navigation. I am a 100% satisfied user (I flashed a JB ROM right after receiving it so I have no experience with the preinstalled ICS).

Guest dalyer

My Haier W910 arrived today - but in work and I'm at home! :-|

Ordered from DealsPrime on 6th Sept, shipped on 19th and arrived today.

Don't think I got hit for taxes - unless my boss paid them for me! :-D

Looking forward to playing with it and passing my G300 (with superslim-v1 GB) on to my gf.

ovecka - can you link to the root/CWM/JB ROM and instructions that you used please - thanks. Or were they linked earlier in this thread?

Edited by dalyer

It's one hell of a phone for its price. Awesome screen, perfect build quality, a tad low battery but still, it can handle 3 days as I am neiter gamer nor facebook user. Everything is perfectly smooth and I haven't noticed any bugs yet. Apart from that, the GPS is the best I have ever seen outside of dedicated systems. It can fix the signal inside a building with 2 floors above me. Outside, the fix takes about 15 seconds with a 3 m accuracy which is great for both geocaching and navigation. I am a 100% satisfied user (I flashed a JB ROM right after receiving it so I have no experience with the preinstalled ICS).

Edited by yaqh

Guest tillaz

I've bought 5 phones from China all China post all marked as gift $50 value and not been charged any import duty

same, only time had to pay import tax was the one time i used DHL

Guest ovecka

My Haier W910 arrived today - but in work and I'm at home! :-|

Ordered from DealsPrime on 6th Sept, shipped on 19th and arrived today.

Don't think I got hit for taxes - unless my boss paid them for me! :-D

Looking forward to playing with it and passing my G300 (with superslim-v1 GB) on to my gf.

ovecka - can you link to the root/CWM/JB ROM and instructions that you used please - thanks. Or were they linked earlier in this thread?

Guide - http://www.multiupload.nl/1CF5M97Q47

Recovery - http://uloz.to/xsL4PjPv/haier-w910-usb-flash-recovery-clockwork-v6-0-1-5-english-zip

ROM - http://uloz.to/xsPhEjTk/haier-cz-412-zip (pass W910)

Original thread: http://androidforum.cz/haier-w910-ip54-t44740.html (Czech)

Edited by ovecka

Guest dalyer

Great! Thanks a lot! :-)

Any idea where the stock ICS ROM is in case I went to JB but then wanted to revert? (I haven't read those links yet so apologies if they mention it...).

Edit: the Chrome/Google translation of the Czech forum is not great unfortunately so it's difficult to make sense of some of it... Is that ROM linked above Czech only or does it include English? What is it? CM? AOSP JB? Something else?

Edited by dalyer

My favorite is the THL w8s 

Î ordered it on Sept.14th 2013  from yeso521

Now we have October 2nd (18 days) and there is now the 4th announcement but no tracking number with hard data. Only "package data received" by DHL.

---
is there a thread what are the favourit shops...`?

Edited by joba7

Xiaomi has said that they are going to be releasing their kernel sourcecode for many of the phones: http://miuiandroid.com/2013/09/17/exclusive-xiaomi-mi-device-kernel-will-open-sourced/

So we will be able to make cyanogenmod roms for MediaTek roms soon :)

The Xiaomi Hongmi (red rice) WCDMA version (version that works in many western countries) will be released soon so we will be able to have a red rice phone at a good price and be able to put cyanogenmod on it :)

how does it compare with g300,does it have 2 sims or one for 3g and calls.does it support 3g.does wifi everything work on it.hows the battery seems small.

Guest dalyer

how does it compare with g300,does it have 2 sims or one for 3g and calls.does it support 3g.does wifi everything work on it.hows the battery seems small.

It's a much better spec than the G300 - even just the SoC used:

Haier W910 has Snapdragon S4 MSM8260A http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snapdragon_(system_on_chip)#Snapdragon_S4

G300 has Snapdragon S1 MSM7227A http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snapdragon_(system_on_chip)#Snapdragon_S1

It's single SIM only.

Or course it supports 3G!

You can easily seach for the specs and a few reviews that exist online.

Guest ovecka

Great! Thanks a lot! :-)

Any idea where the stock ICS ROM is in case I went to JB but then wanted to revert? (I haven't read those links yet so apologies if they mention it...).

Edit: the Chrome/Google translation of the Czech forum is not great unfortunately so it's difficult to make sense of some of it... Is that ROM linked above Czech only or does it include English? What is it? CM? AOSP JB? Something else?

It's just a regular lightweighted "stock" multilanguage JB ROM ripped from gASK's (OP) phone as a CWM backup. I think the ROM itself comes preinstalled from some Chineese e-shops.

It's a much better spec than the G300 - even just the SoC used:

Haier W910 has Snapdragon S4 MSM8260A http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snapdragon_(system_on_chip)#Snapdragon_S4

G300 has Snapdragon S1 MSM7227A http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snapdragon_(system_on_chip)#Snapdragon_S1

It's single SIM only.

Or course it supports 3G!

You can easily seach for the specs and a few reviews that exist online.

Haier w910 has a GPU that beats every mtk6589 graphics.

Pity that production is over and most stores don't

actually have it in stock, although it is listed :)

For miui open source - it is not cm possibility that

makes me happy, but the fact that miui for mtk (hongmi)

will be more easily transfered to other mtk phones.

Edited by dakok