[TUT] Leaked JellyBean and Unlocked bootloader

Guest vache

Guest stanac1

So what can I do to root my phone ?

Look at the printscreen picture, please. It is the message I got with Vaches' auto_unlock. It should be root isn't it ?

post-1004175-0-05976700-1358354133_thumb

Guest stanac1

OK I didn't understand that.... So do you know how can I root my phone please ? Is there an easy tutorial ?

(I have installed the rom provided in this topic)

Edited by stanac1

Guest UnforcedError

Works perfect, it's seemed to drain a lot of battery life at the beginning, but now it seems to have stagnated...

Would also love to know how to make the app drawer transparent... any suggestions on this?

ThX!

Guest The PyroPath

I have this weird "bug" When I power off my device the charging icon comes up (the white one with the tunderbolt) but it goes off quickly after that. The 2nd animation of charging doesn't come up at all and the device refuses to boot untill I remove the battery.

Guest The PyroPath

OK, bugs/problems I encountered thusfar:

- General JB bug: Mediascanner goes apeshit, doesn't scan anything but keeps running and restarting eating loads of battery

- The formentioned charging when off bug, but that would probably be the fault of the recovery (Had a comparable problem way back with the Desire HD, which would start booting when off and plugged into the power, this was also recovery related)

- mA(/h) are either reported incorrectly by the phone/battery or there is some crazy poweruse going on... (also during ICS, tried wiping, reflash, bare minimum, no apps, still same issues. Can someone perhaps post their BMW log or part there of here to compare?)

- USB mass storage device mode is gone, can't be selected anymore and "hacks" for a select few other phones doesn't work. Only MTP and PTP modes remain.

- Irregular and unexplainable peak usage of locations service, won't stop until reboot, even force stop service doesn't work.

-This version + Battery monitor widget results in massive alarms/wake locks for the latter, no such problems on ICS. (Device will wake-up every minute or so and way longer than normal, claimed 3-10s cpu use/day by developer results in about 3-4 hours cpu use/wake lock according to better battery stats.

Guest Alexandru.k_24

It will work on EMEA_ORGROD ? Orange Romania version :-s

No...it will not work on your phone if you bought it from Orange RO.CPU type is -1 and this leaked ROM is for those with cpu -3.All Orange RO got the -1 version of the CPU.

So, anyone else having problems or am I really that lucky? :mellow:

I had some problems, but much less lately...used to have some BSOD (phone completely crash, and dump memory on SD, with a "nice" bluescreen telling so, in the style of old windows crashes...This happended mostly when my wifi acces point crashed, and maybe I do not observe it cause I have changed to a new wifi N acces point that should be more stable (the old one needed a reset after a bid download, from my cloumobile or my laptop)

No BSOD since, but had some other crashes, due mainly to K9mail. I used the market version, that had very high CPU use/ battery drain sometimes, moved to the K9mail nightly, which has nicer interface and much seldom fall in the "crazy battery drain" mode....But on the other hand, this version very often completely hang, and some times seems to bring a few other process crashing with it. Had to restart the phone once, all the processes were crashing in sequence.

So for me leaked JB seems relatively stable, but seems to have trouble handling crashing apps...Still waiting for the official release though, maybe will be more stable and get less battery use, but mainly to get the kernel source and, hopefully, get some CM10.1 custom roms once the kernel is available. I do not use Acer stuff, and miss the CM10 tweeks ;-)

Edited by gkai

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Neosin1987

hello can some one help me thnx

when i instal the drivers it failt olways on the MPT driver so somone have a solution thnx

Edited by Neosin1987

Please post changes and improvements if there are any.

Official update, which will soon be coming to FOTA. Version Acer AV043 S500 1.056.00 WW GEN1. Updated list of APN, increased stability and performance

Guest mc01319

Official update, which will soon be coming to FOTA. Version Acer AV043 S500 1.056.00 WW GEN1. Updated list of APN, increased stability and performance

Thank you man, I was waited for this.

Guest Mircerson

Yooo , if you can get it lemme your twitter or a skype adress on PM please :P . This would be intersting to get the jelly bean for the EMEA_ORGROD.

The stocks for Acer CloudMobile in romania are gone in about 1h every time..:P

Yooo , if you can get it lemme your twitter or a skype adress on PM please :P . This would be intersting to get the jelly bean for the EMEA_ORGROD.

The stocks for Acer CloudMobile in romania are gone in about 1h every time.. :P

The fact that I can only make a request for this version, and would be long, I will do my best