TWRP 2.6.3.1 Official for U8815/U8815N/U8818 [09/12/2013]

Guest alkalinorap

Updated using that app from market; for some reason i had to do this twice, as it stayed on 2.4.0.0 the first time i tried. Second time it updated successfuly. Just made a compressed backup with md5 without crash, so it seems to be working. Thanks for that update.

edit: Getting crashes when i try to restore that backup i made (both with and without md5 verification).

Had to flash clean CM10.1, so i guess this needs another hotfix. Thats even worse bug than that in last version - which after few crashes at least flashed it correctly.

Edited by Hkarta

DId anyone try an OTA update with CM9/10/10.1 using TWRP? Is it working?

Yes, works fine.

Updated using that app from market; for some reason i had to do this twice, as it stayed on 2.4.0.0 the first time i tried. Second time it updated successfuly. Just made a compressed backup with md5 without crash, so it seems to be working. Thanks for that update.

edit: Getting crashes when i try to restore that backup i made (both with and without md5 verification).

Had to flash clean CM10.1, so i guess this needs another hotfix. Thats even worse bug than that in last version - which after few crashes at least flashed it correctly.

Ok, I try to fix this bug.

The error is all the time? or is a random crash?

Try to make backup with clean install.

Greetings

Well, the first backup itself is nearly clean, except for the 3 apps i mentioned in my previous report. When it comes to backup restore - it crashed 3 times in row, like second after it started. Than I gave up and flashed clean cm 10.1 :)

I might try with completely clean rom later today, but i expect to get the same result. :)

edit: Not sure if i i put it correctly in my prevois post: i have tried to restore only backup with compression and md5. When restoring, theres as well check for md5 verification - and it crashed both with this ticked & unticked. I have yet to try to restore compressed backup made with md5 unticked. I might as well try this later today (to see if this isnt just md5 related, because first step in recovery process should logicaly be md5 verification - and it crashes as soon as recovery process is launched).

Edited by Hkarta

Well, the first backup itself is nearly clean, except for the 3 apps i mentioned in my previous report. When it comes to backup restore - it crashed 3 times in row, like second after it started. Than I gave up and flashed clean cm 10.1 :)

I might try with completely clean rom later today, but i expect to get the same result. :)

edit: Not sure if i i put it correctly in my prevois post: i have tried to restore only backup with compression and md5. When restoring, theres as well check for md5 verification - and it crashed both with this ticked & unticked. I have yet to try to restore compressed backup made with md5 unticked. I might as well try this later today (to see if this isnt just md5 related, because first step in recovery process should logicaly be md5 verification - and it crashes as soon as recovery process is launched).

I try to figure out this issue with compressed backups.

Edited by Kra1o5

Im back with some more results. :) This time I tried to make compessed backup without md5 generation. During backup, there were again no crashes. During restore (set to skip md5) it crashed again (well, froze for like 20 seconds and than restarted) - last records in log were along these lines:

Formatting - something (system i guess) - to - something -

Done.

(sorry, blame my short-term memory ;))

Anyway, it deffinitely wont be md5 related, as both backup and restore logs clearly stated that md5 check is disabled.

Edited by Hkarta

Im back with some more results. :) This time I tried to make compessed backup without md5 generation. During backup, there were again no crashes. During restore (set to skip md5) it crashed again (well, froze for like 20 seconds and than restarted) - last records in log were along these lines:

Formatting - something (system i guess) - to - something -

Done.

(sorry, blame my short-term memory ;))

Anyway, it deffinitely wont be md5 related, as both backup and restore logs clearly stated that md5 check is disabled.

Thanks for the report but any problem with non-compress backups?

Other than their size? :)

Just tried to make one uncompressed backup & restore - this went great without any crashes. I would still love to see that compression feature working. ;)

Other than their size? :)

Just tried to make one uncompressed backup & restore - this went great without any crashes. I would still love to see that compression feature working. ;)

if it is only by knowing the specific error :D

I try to repair this annoying issue.

Greetings

Guest alkalinorap

11/02/2013: Updated to version 2.4.1.3 with the following changes:

-Updated to version 2.4.1.3

-Fixed random reboots in compressed backups definitely!!!

-Fixed a problem with mkdosfs that formatted sdcards to 2GB

-Fixed handoff between vfat and exFAT on devices where blkid didn't detect vfat (fixes some issues with mounting sdcards)

-Fixed problems with changing working directory on MD5 creation/checking that may have prevented unmounting

-Backups will now store a copy of the backup log after the backup is completed (only if backup is successful)

Thanks for the update and special thanks to Kra1o5 for sticking with it and sorting those bugs out. :)

Has anyone tried this with Daz's CM OTA updates? Just wondering if it works or not.

I have a problem with TWRP, for some reason the usb storage doesn't work. It tells me that the 'device is not recognized by windows'. I then flashed the older release, and everything worked on that one (2.4.0.0). I always had this problem since TWRP 2.4.1.3 was released, but I never reported it as it wasn't that big of a deal. If you could get it fixed, it would be great :)

Thanks in advance.

I have a problem with TWRP, for some reason the usb storage doesn't work. It tells me that the 'device is not recognized by windows'. I then flashed the older release, and everything worked on that one (2.4.0.0). I always had this problem since TWRP 2.4.1.3 was released, but I never reported it as it wasn't that big of a deal. If you could get it fixed, it would be great :)

Thanks in advance.

Is fixed in the next release 2.4.2.0 (available probably Monday)

Greetings

I also have that problem and in section wipe a cant wipe android secure.I could with 2.4.0.0.If you can fix this.Thanx :)

I try to add for next release too.

Edited by Kra1o5