[DEV][ROM][24.7.] CyanogenMod 10.1 (Android 4.2.2)

Guest KonstaT

Hey there,

Still not able to compile by myself :/

Installed a VB on my 32bits to emulate a 64bits system, setup a build env, followed the steps, but the lunch command won't create any out directory :'(

I just get what I think is the "normal" output, but obviously the make bacon can't work, as there is no out directory at the mentioned address.

lunch.jpg

Having no error message to start from is really annoying :///

Could anyone help, please?

Edited by Guest

Issue (reproducable):

- pull down notifications bar

- select Brightness

- try to change the brightness level

- black screen (but everything else is working)

You have to pull out the battery and put it back in :(

Guest Mike69pt

Issue (reproducable):

- pull down notifications bar

- select Brightness

- try to change the brightness level

- black screen (but everything else is working)

You have to pull out the battery and put it back in :(

I have just tried it and i have no issues!

* Also for the ones having problems with s2e...I also had extreme slowliness, but after 2/3 reboots everything worked fine and my blade is running fast.

I have just tried it and i have no issues!

Did another clean install and now it works.

Thanks KonstaT&everybody else who made Jelly bean to work on our Blade!

KonstaT, I see that in the first post you have (bt-tethering?).. That question mark means you arent sure right? Well, anyway I just wanna say that it works. I was using an iPad and an iTouch. They connected to the device and I was able to use the internet. You can remove the question-mark.

Also, guys (this is preferable for elrond_bs), I wanted to do a clean install of this ROM because I was seeing that my 3G network bars or WiFi bars werent turning blue.. I thought I did something wrong. So, I booted into recovery, Wiped Dalvik Cache, Cache and Data. And then, flashed this. (Not the latest one. The 19.1 one.) And then booted up. Because I read somewhere that you should reboot AFTER flashing ROM and then flash GAPPS. But here is where it gets strange. After I flashed the ROM, GAPPS were already there! I didnt flash them! And they cannot be there from before since I wiped EVERYTHING. Any reason as to how is this possible? O_o Is GAPPS now integrated? Anyway, my problem is sorted and I dont care.. But, I wanna know whats up.

Guest dom1312

I have been meaning to ask since long time..

Is the Hot Reboot Option in the Reboot menu options in the Power Menu absent [disabled] or moved?

It is present in CM10 but not in 10.1.

KonstaT, I see that in the first post you have (bt-tethering?).. That question mark means you arent sure right? Well, anyway I just wanna say that it works. I was using an iPad and an iTouch. They connected to the device and I was able to use the internet. You can remove the question-mark.

Also, guys (this is preferable for elrond_bs), I wanted to do a clean install of this ROM because I was seeing that my 3G network bars or WiFi bars werent turning blue.. I thought I did something wrong. So, I booted into recovery, Wiped Dalvik Cache, Cache and Data. And then, flashed this. (Not the latest one. The 19.1 one.) And then booted up. Because I read somewhere that you should reboot AFTER flashing ROM and then flash GAPPS. But here is where it gets strange. After I flashed the ROM, GAPPS were already there! I didnt flash them! And they cannot be there from before since I wiped EVERYTHING. Any reason as to how is this possible? O_o Is GAPPS now integrated? Anyway, my problem is sorted and I dont care.. But, I wanna know whats up.

format system...

Guest merc1800k

what format is your video? In my case only 3gp and mp4 formats work. xvid and x264 are working fine

i am using the camera where is in rom...camera 4.2 but videos where made by this camera no preview at gallery

Guest elrond_bs

You need to Wipe data/Factory Reset (cache and dalvik are included here too) and also do Mounts and Storage -> Format System, just in case. Then you should install the ROM and GAPPS and then restart. If you had gapps on clean install, something went wrong/wasn't wiped.

Edited by elrond_bs

You need to Wipe data/Factory Reset (cache and dalvik are included here too) and also do Mounts and Storage -> Format System, just in case. Then you should install the ROM and GAPPS and then restart. If you had gapps on clean install, something went wrong/wasn't wiped.

I dont think you understood me man. I wiped everything. Installed the ROM. Did not flash GAPPS. And rebooted. Now, when the reboot completed, it asked me for my Google Account info. I did all that and then I was gonna reboot to flash GAPPS, but I just happened to go to the drawer and all the Google apps like 'Store' and 'Talk' were already there. So, I still havent flashed GAPPS. Dont need to. Also, everything is working perfectly.

Edited by RZRV8

Guest elrond_bs

Read my last sentence. :) If everything works OK, why do you ask? If you have any doubts - do another clean install.

Edited by elrond_bs

Read my last sentence. :) If you everything works OK, why do you ask? If you have any doubts - do another clean install.

I just needed to know.. Never mind.

Guest mrz_hun

... all the Google apps like 'Store' and 'Talk' were already there. So, I still havent flashed GAPPS. Dont need to. Also, everything is working perfectly.

Gmail, GTalk, Market are part of the 'core' package done by Konstat.

Edited by mrz_hun

Guest KonstaT

I dont think you understood me man. I wiped everything. Installed the ROM. Did not flash GAPPS. And rebooted. Now, when the reboot completed, it asked me for my Google Account info. I did all that and then I was gonna reboot to flash GAPPS, but I just happened to go to the drawer and all the Google apps like 'Store' and 'Talk' were already there. So, I still havent flashed GAPPS. Dont need to. Also, everything is working perfectly.

Because you didn't format system partition. Instead of properly formatting all partions once (format system, wipe data & factory reset) you decided it is better to format only some of the partitions and do it couple of times just to be sure? ;)

CyanogenMod has a script that runs on every install that backups your Google apps and restores them after the install. That is also the reason why you don't need to flash gapps package again on every ROM update. Further reading: /system/bin/backuptool.sh and /system/addon.d/70-gapps.sh.

Guest WiiSky70

Because you didn't format system partition. Instead of properly formatting all partions once (format system, wipe data & factory reset) you decided it is better to format only some of the partitions and do it couple of times just to be sure? ;)

CyanogenMod has a script that runs on every install that backups your Google apps and restores them after the install. That is also the reason why you don't need to flash gapps package again on every ROM update. Further reading: /system/bin/backuptool.sh and /system/addon.d/70-gapps.sh.

Hey KonstAT , just a quick question about your monthly update releases . Will you do big revisions to the platform (ROM) in that time spawn ?

If you're experiencing the problem where the Blade does not seem to return from sleep, the screen stays black and only the LEDs light up (commonly known as SOD - screen of death)... then there is a workaround that could help. It appears it is a problem with Android 4.2.1 (not just the Blades).

It's reported here: http://code.google.c...detail?id=40019

Go into Settings | Developer options and turn on the "Animator duration scale" to .5x. This should fix it - most people are saying this has worked on their phones. I have just tried it, so I'll report back.

Edited by mpok3

Now I got it.. Maybe its that script. Anyway, the issue is fixed. Thanks for making me more known. :D

New build. This is mostly untested because I haven't used my Blade much lately. Most of the time that I have for hacking Android goes now with my new dev toy. I still have my trusty old Blade but I'll probably just update this ROM on a monthly basis from now on. We have pretty much everything working now anyway. :)

cm-10.1-20130129-KonstaKANG-blade.zip

http://www.mediafire...hy7tbq6rgmeajjr

md5:92047d4a213912097ce96d239257cf10

-hardware vsync events (thanks to daemond)

-fixed some audio routing issues (thanks to daemond)

-fixed messed up u/v plane alignment in some videos (thanks to daemond)

-Custom lock screen background (1,2)

-option to toggle dimming of the notification shade (1,2)

Super work KonstaT. This new update has made my 256 MB RAM Blade buttery smooth. :)

Also thanks to Daemond for his efforts.

What NEXT :P ?

Guest lunario

music on headphones stops working after awhile. I plug the phones and I don't hear music. I have to restart phone to hear music again from headphones . example music is working when going to work , al lunch I plug the phones again and no music from them)

Guest matcho13579

music on headphones stops working after awhile. I plug the phones and I don't hear music. I have to restart phone to hear music again from headphones . example music is working when going to work , al lunch I plug the phones again and no music from them)

Try to play song first and then plug the headphones

Same issue.

Same issue.

had same issue but instead of no music i used to get music from speakers...

to hear music again from headphones you simply have to plug the headphones while playing music(4th time :P)

Edited by vNa5h