[DEV][ROM][24.7.] CyanogenMod 10.1 (Android 4.2.2)

Guest KonstaT

Other people have the same problem but for me they're missing

yeah no performance settings from 4.2.1 onwards...

you gain some , you lose some..

:P ;)

this would shut them up i guess...

Edited by vNa5h

Right then, as per Stu's suggestion here's how I set up my phone. You may not agree with this, or perhaps you have better suggestions, but here goes...

1) Full wipe and flash ROM

2) Install s2E

3) In s2e: menu> settings tick "mount as ext 4"

3) Reboot to recovery

4) Create ext partition (mine is 2gb), sawp 64mb

5) Not sure if this step is necessary, but CWM formats the ext partition as ext3, so I used minitool to format it as ext4.

6) Reboot

7) Open S2E make sure applications, paid apps, private apps and dalvik cache are checked. (everything but application data)

8) Reboot

9) Settings> performance:

Processor:

CPU frequency: Max 691, min unchanged.

Governor: Smartass 2

Set on boot is ticked.

I/O scheduler:

sio

Set on boot is checked

10) Settings> Developer options: tick "Disable hardware overlays"

11) Install SD Booster> set cache to 2048KB. Tick "Set on boot"

Done. Now play with your phone and install stuff as per normal.

Some notes:

1) Google now shouldn't work at all on our blades, but it's been hacked so it works a little. Open google search to get it going.

2) As of today (20/01/2013) the bluetooth problems are a known issue with google and they'll be rolling our a fix ASAP

3) Disable google autobackup to save battery and (stupidly huge amounts of) data: settings> backup and restore> untick "Backup my data"

4) S2E basically makes your phone think it has more space than it actually does. Once it's installed you can ignore and forget about it. Don't manually move any apps to SD as S2E will do it automatically when you install stuff.

Thank you. Works fine for me to the 8th step.

9)Settings> performance:

In my rom, there is no option of "performance" when clicking into the "Settings", also there is no "Settings> Developer options" can you suggest how to set up the processor etc?

Ne etesd őket inkább, tanuljanak csak meg keresni maguktól.

Not having performance and development options is by design. Average users should not mess with those settings as it could seriously harm you or your device. The default settings should be sufficient for most people. Those options can be accessed if you still want them but it's for your own responsibility. For that reason this forum should not contain any more posts about the method to access them.

Thank you.

Can't believe this is the only guy who knew what the answer was, thanks.

MAN, how stupid ARE you?! :o Can't you just do what the guy up there ^ said?! We are literally TIRED of answering that question almost ever 3-4 page later! Why dont you read the topic THOROUGHLY before asking such things?!

Guest bobik180

Can someone help me please. I have the same problem as before in this ROM.

Some programs like Tasker and rVOIX can't normally autorun on boot.

Please answer me. If it is difficult to fix I can understand and will stop bothering.

Hmmm I have installed Tasker and he normally run on boot to rVOIX I can't speak becouse I don't have this program.

Sorry for my english. :)

MAN, how stupid ARE you?! :o Can't you just do what the guy up there ^ said?! We are literally TIRED of answering that question almost ever 3-4 page later! Why dont you read the topic THOROUGHLY before asking such things?!

If the answer isn't on the front page and isn't 80 posts back, I'm the bad guy.

Can we save the sobbing until it's common knowledge?

Guest jventura

I think everyone should act a little less like "owners of the truth" and be a little less aggressive to people who do not know some things.. :wacko:

Sometimes I also don't have patience for newbies, but instead of being aggressive, I choose not to answer their questions. For quite some time in these Blade ROM topics I see people asking stupid questions and people answering "That is a stupid question". I don't know who is more dumb in these cases! :unsure:

If you know the answer and want to answer, please do answer, otherwise, keep quiet, maybe someone wants to answer.

Of course, there will always be newbies which will insist in the stupid questions, but most people are intelligent enough to understand that when nobody answers, it is because the question is stupid or nobody knows the answer.. Either case, they'll have to search for the answer here or in another place..

Less aggression please... :)

I think everyone should act a little less like "owners of the truth" and be a little less aggressive to people who do not know some things.. :wacko:

Sometimes I also don't have patience for newbies, but instead of being aggressive, I choose not to answer their questions. For quite some time in these Blade ROM topics I see people asking stupid questions and people answering "That is a stupid question". I don't know who is more dumb in these cases! :unsure:

If you know the answer and want to answer, please do answer, otherwise, keep quiet, maybe someone wants to answer.

Of course, there will always be newbies which will insist in the stupid questions, but most people are intelligent enough to understand that when nobody answers, it is because the question is stupid or nobody knows the answer.. Either case, they'll have to search for the answer here or in another place..

Less aggression please... :)

Sorry.. My bad. I didnt mean to get aggressive. And, to the person who said about my '19' posts, I didnt say that 'I' am tired, I said 'we'. So, I just meant it community wise.

Anyway, I'll be more calmer next time. Had a bad day, shouldnt have vented out my anger here. :/

the maximum frequency that the blade can run is different for every phone. For example, I can run my phone at 690mhz and others at 760mhz. If you put 844, your phone will instantly crash and if the "apply on boot" box is checked, you will need to wipe data and loose all settings to be able to use your blade again.

Short answer, no, you need to find what's stable to you. start increasing speed until you have force closes and/or reboots. If you don't know what overclocking is, don't do it!

Guest keyboardshortcut

hey sir?.. can i use 844mhz as my maximum frequency?

Don't do it buddy, your netphone 701 will be dead soon if you use that. It will also shorten its lifespan, (or is it really your intention to do so. :D)

One min ...i was playing DH poker...next min got a random reboot(nothing special usual like always which i get everytime while playing games no matter what rom)...btw no OC...default settings

....do u guys get such reboots...

But this time after reboot lost all my apps...

not complaing ...but want to know what can be the problem...

i guess s2e is the culprit...

EDIT : Another reboot solved the issue...

the ext partition failed to mount last time...

Edited by vNa5h

btw the random reboots are not just during games or processor intensive apps..

it is random....

i get such reboots @ an average of 2reboots /day...

not just this rom...almost all the roms

since others are not having the same issues ...i guess this might be my phones problem

any idea what might be the problem..any app 'misbehaving'??

PS : IM NOT COMPLAINING...

making it clear enough for u guys...just want to know the reason...

pl no "This ROM is mainly for developers/testers/advanced users" replies

also no OC...default perf settings

Edited by vNa5h

Guest sylkyls

@ vNa5h: Maybe youre SDcard is corrupted, try CM7 without sd-card. If it works: try with another sd-card, if not: try another sim-card (I already saw a sim-card make a phone unstable).

If you don't have any improve: youre phone has a HW problem...

One min ...i was playing DH poker...next min got a random reboot(nothing special usual like always which i get everytime while playing games no matter what rom)...btw no OC...default settings

....do u guys get such reboots...

This happened to me a lot with every ROM I tried. I think the problem lies in a S2E/microSD combination.

If I don't use S2E (or link2sd), everything runs smoothly. While using S2E/link2sd I tested 4 different microSD brands and two of made my phone very unstable (Transced 8GB class 4 & Sandisk 16GB class 4). The other two are fine (no brand -- Kingston?? -- 2GB and 16GB class 4).

Edited by _Nuno_

This happened to me a lot with every ROM I tried. I think the problem lies in a S2E/microSD combination.

If I don't use S2E (or link2sd), everything runs smoothly. While using S2E/link2sd I tested 4 different microSD brands and two of made my phone very unstable (Transced 8GB class 4 & Sandisk 16GB class 4). The other two are fine (no brand -- Kingston?? -- 2GB and 16GB class 4).

so it means something might be wrong with the ext partitioning??

since u say both link2sd/s2e caused the reboots...

lin2sd needs ext too i guess

i guess the only way to test this is to have the apps on sd card without the ext partition & link2sd/s2e....

see if the issue repeats

Edited by vNa5h

Guest wmbandroid

Hi. Can i switch off lock screen widgets? how? if not, can i at least switch off camera widget? because those widgets are working slow/laggy, especially camera.

sometimes it turns on by itself when i have it in my pocket and it eats battery:/

does someone also have problems with video recording?

Guest xlcazale

Hello folks,

I have now switched from CM10 to CM10.1 latest build (20130119).

Generally very happy with the ROM. Thanks again to KonstaT

I have been struggling with music playback controls (even with my previous 20130108 CM10 build):

1) My number one wish would be to have headset control (short click = next and long click = previous).

I have tried all kinds of apps (headset button controller, jays, klipsch, droidshuffle, headset interceptor,...) and with all of them I can't get double/multiple clicks to work properly, hence my wish to rely on longclick which used to work on CM9)

I know the long click is now highjacked by Voice search which is a bummer. I know this is not linked to this specific ROM so I am by no means complaining ;)

I found the below thread:

http://forum.xda-dev...00&postcount=38

explaining how to cheat and make the centre headset button appear as a 'right' button.

I could not manage to make it work (blade doesn't seem to have the same files as listed in the thread).

- Has any of you tried it with success ?

- Anyone willing to give me a hand ?

2) My next option would be to use volume button to skip previous/next is ticked but although being ticked in the ROM settings, it does not seem to respond. I had the same issue on CM10: it was intermittent at best after some reboot.

- Any of you got more success with this than me ?

3) My last resort is using home & back buttons but that requires the screen to be switched on first. It works but is not as nice as the above.

Thanks for the help.

Xavier

Hi. Can i switch off lock screen widgets? how? if not, can i at least switch off camera widget? because those widgets are working slow/laggy, especially camera.

sometimes it turns on by itself when i have it in my pocket and it eats battery:/

As KonstaT mentioned earlier in this thread, have a look at "Lockscreen Policy" on Google Play. It's free and lets you choose whether you want these damn widgets to be active or not.