[DEV][ROM][24.7.] CyanogenMod 10.1 (Android 4.2.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

I remember someone made a patch to prevent graphical glitches when playing videos with 'uncommon' resolution. Is this included? Don't find it in changelogs.

@Prendy: link works for me

It is. Added to the changelog.

Guest djartusbpp

holy s***!!! mother of God!!! it's fu**i'n great to have the 4.2.1 on our phone!

Big Thanx KonstaT!!!

Edited by djartusbpp

New build. This is mostly untested because I haven't used my Blade much lately. Most of the time that I have for hacking Android goes now with my new dev toy. I still have my trusty old Blade but I'll probably just update this ROM on a monthly basis from now on. We have pretty much everything working now anyway. :)

Well that's not really true. It's mostly minor bugs though.

Guest Mrondo K

no need to wipe dalvik before update? just install?

cuz i think if we do wipe dalvik we loose some apps

Don't wipe anything, just flash the zip file

Android will upgrade itself

Well that's not really true. It's mostly minor bugs though.

Can we list some of them...

so that people are aware that what problems they might face....

Heres a few i noticed :

phone softreboots on lock screen sometimes...some say autobrightness might be the problem...

'Android is upgrading' message everytime on reboot ...guess s2e might be the problem

Guest Polys Polykarpou

Can we list some of them...

so that people are aware that what problems they might face....

Heres a few i noticed :

phone softreboots on lock screen sometimes...some say autobrightness might be the problem...

'Android is upgrading' message everytime on reboot ...guess s2e might be the problem

Bluetooth is another issue I suppose. But many people say that this is a Google code problem on 4.2.1. That's why I'm still sticking to 4.1.2 :( I use my bt headset daily.

Guest Pranav Jindal

Guys is the md5 incorrect...

i have the following

22f3332fd39946c85d4a337c0b2dec93

looks like you have a wrong download..

its been there for a long time and is correct.

You may be right about S2E. I've never had that message, and I don't have S2E installed. I'm about to install it now, and I'll let you know if I start getting that message.

Update: installing S2E appears to have caused havoc - the phone is barely operating! However, even before installing S2E, the boot-up process was slow and messy, with Trebuchet launcher force-closing, so the root of this problem is more than likely a poor install. I'm going to reinstall it and have another go.

Edited by Geoff2

Guest mitchde

Hi, not an complain / major problem but something very ??? (since 19.01. update).

Launcher shows some of my Apps with "wrong" name - exact not the normal app name is shown below app icon, its the company/app name.

Like com.tomtom insted of Tomtom , or in screenshoot shown mobi.versrv.an.... which is Flighttrack, de.aok.gehalt = Gehaltsrechner.#

post-894589-0-78608300-1359541074_thumb.

Happens only to some (1/4) of the user apps - doesn't matter LINK2D or not - both, local storage & moved user apps are sometimes with that funny names.

Apps with wrong names are working normal.

I think nothing wrong with ROM, because build in app management shows always correct normal app name.

How can i fix that - i believe Launcher Problem?

Edited by mitchde

looks like you have a wrong download..

its been there for a long time and is correct.

that explains why my google search doesnt work...

maybe a messed with the zip file...

You may be right about S2E. I've never had that message, and I don't have S2E installed. I'm about to install it now, and I'll let you know if I start getting that message.

Update: installing S2E appears to have caused havoc - the phone is barely operating! However, even before installing S2E, the boot-up process was slow and messy, with Trebuchet launcher force-closing, so the root of this problem is more than likely a poor install. I'm going to reinstall it and have another go.

first boot always takes time...

use apex btw...

trebuchet is no hope...

i always replace latinime(with swype) and trebuchet ...everytime a dl a rom

I'm definitely with you on Swype. I'm going to give Trebuchet a try though - I've reinstalled and it appears to be behaving itself. I'm just about to partition the SD card and install S2E and see what happens.

Guest elrond_bs

i always replace latinime(with swype) and trebuchet ...everytime a dl a rom

It's not recommended to remove LatinIME or system launcher. Better keep them and install others. When you remove any apps from the ROM, you have an unsupported ROM version - you can't complain if you have problems.

About the other problems with icons, etc - it seems like S2E is not working very well in 4.2. Try clean install without S2E and check if you have same problems. You could also use Link2SD instead, but I haven't tested it.

Edited by elrond_bs

hi , i found a bug , turned phone on without sim card ( airplane mode is off) = extremely lags , slowly and system apps crashing ... turned airplane on and solved ... who ?

The post above has transformed my phone! I've been playing around with ROMS without a SIM card, as I have a Huawei G300 as my main phone. Putting it into Airplane mode has made an incredible difference, including finally allowing me to install S2E.Thanks AROdame

I've also set the phone the same way as Anttix (see post #717 on p.36) The boot-up time is fast. S2E is working fine. I don't have any 'android is upgrading' messages on boot-up. (I wonder whether that's because I wiped the dalvik cache before installing the ROM?) And generally, the phone is running better than it ever has before - I'm going to put the SIM back in and start using it again to see how I get on with it - battery life etc.

Guest nokiafan02

in last rom 20/1 still no preview movies at gallery..

i made 2 times video but not preview at gallery...

any solution?

what format is your video? In my case only 3gp and mp4 formats work. xvid and x264 are working fine

Guest cristi12

Hi guys,

Thanks KonstaT for an amazing rom, never thought i'd see the day my blade would be running the latest fully functional android build. :) I have friends with S3's and One X's giving me the stink eye. :)

Some questions though.

What do you guys think is the best cpu Governor and I/O scheduler? I'm looking to improve the speed between task switching/wake up time. I have smartassV2 gov. with max. 691mhz, and sio I/O scheduler which seems to make a difference from the defaults in terms of snappiness.

On SS RLS7 I had a 1gb ext part. for s2e, but on this rom s2e slowed it to a crawl, so I went without it.

Any other tips/tweaks you guys know about to improve performance?

Thanks again.

Hi guys,

Thanks KonstaT for an amazing rom, never thought i'd see the day my blade would be running the latest fully functional android build. :) I have friends with S3's and One X's giving me the stink eye. :)

Some questions though.

What do you guys think is the best cpu Governor and I/O scheduler? I'm looking to improve the speed between task switching/wake up time. I have smartassV2 gov. with max. 691mhz, and sio I/O scheduler which seems to make a difference from the defaults in terms of snappiness.

On SS RLS7 I had a 1gb ext part. for s2e, but on this rom s2e slowed it to a crawl, so I went without it.

Any other tips/tweaks you guys know about to improve performance?

Thanks again.

u can use s2e , but only transfer the applications and dalvic cache (not the application data). works normal for me