[DEV][ROM][24.7.] CyanogenMod 10.1 (Android 4.2.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest bhush

Oh! OK!!

As captain Bertorelli would say: "Whatta mistaka to maka!"

Thanks.

(I wonder why Settings have 2 "System" labels)

To redeem myself from this mistake I'll show some of you (others may already know this!) the "hidden toy":

Screenshot_2013-03-27-15-32-45.jpg

Want to see it in your own phone?

Just tap 3 times (quickly) on "CyanogenMod version" (look at picture above). Have fun.

I have found this toopost-935475-0-16664000-1364439215_thumb.

Guest KonstaT

I can't get the voice search to work, it is installed but I keep getting "didn't catch that. Try speaking again." within a fraction of a second of pressing the icon on the keyboard. This problem has been mentioned on other cyanogenmod mods without a solution so is anyone else having this issue.

Voice search in Android 4.x requires proprietary libs only available for ARMv7. Workaround is to use old gingerbread voice search app and special 'voice search for google now' app. You can only the use the voice search that you find in your app drawer.

A newer version of the 'voice search for google now' app (now called 'voice search assistant') can link the mic in google now widget to itself. It is a paid solution though and I haven't tested it.

KonstaT, do you think there will ever be integrated S2E like there is superuser?

I believe PA ROM for blade has this.

No, and including some app in a ROM doesn't make it 'integrated'.

I don't know how many times I need to repeat this. S2E doesn't officially support Android 4.2, period.

I'm pretty sure I have this figured out.

JB introduced a mechanism to reject buffers in SurfaceTexture::updateTexImage (the BufferRejecter). If a buffer is rejected without a prior successful call to updateTexImage (which sets the texture target using the DECIDE_TEXTURE_TARGET heuristics), the texture name is initially bound to TEXTURE_EXTERNAL_OES, and a later call to updateTexImage will try to rebind the texture name to TEXTURE_2D. It looks like that with some tracing log added: (target 36197 is TEXTURE_EXTERNAL_OES, 3553 is TEXTURE_2D)

[size=4]W/SurfaceTexture( 243): [InputMethod] updateTexImage: buffer at slot 0 rejected (texture 40 target 36197)[/size]
E/SurfaceTexture( 243): [InputMethod] updateTexImage: error binding external texture image 0xa3 (slot 1): 0x501
E/SurfaceTexture( 243): [InputMethod] updateTexImage: target=3553 name=40 composition=1 format=1
[/code]

Because BufferRejecter is new in JB, there is no problem with that on ICS.

So simply moving the DECIDE_TEXTURE_TARGET switch before the rejecter call should take care of this?

Guest Cata_Simi

Voice search in Android 4.x requires proprietary libs only available for ARMv7. Workaround is to use old gingerbread voice search app and special 'voice search for google now' app. You can only the use the voice search that you find in your app drawer.

A newer version of the 'voice search for google now' app (now called 'voice search assistant') can link the mic in google now widget to itself. It is a paid solution though and I haven't tested it.

thanx, will give it a try

Guest dreis911

I have found this toopost-935475-0-16664000-1364439215_thumb.

Yes. If you pet him. Then you can play with Cyd's faces.

Today I'll give you a new treat:

This is a JELLY BEAN version, right?

So, where's the Jelly Bean?

Screenshot_2013-03-28-10-43-07.jpgScreenshot_2013-03-28-11-05-09.jpg

You can pet him too... ;)

Just tap 3 times (quickly) on Android version. It's on the same screen as the trick before. Have fun...

Guest robreid

No, and including some app in a ROM doesn't make it 'integrated'.

I don't know how many times I need to repeat this. S2E doesn't officially support Android 4.2, period.

Alright, sorry.

Guest Rucha

Since openvpn client is not available in this firmware (why?) i'm trying to set PPTP connection to my router (ASUS N56U with Padavan firmware). Router's PPTP server works fine and i'm able to connect using my laptop.

Connection from ZTE not succeded. Here is error log on the server side:

CTRL: Client 192.168.122.188 control connection started

CTRL: Starting call (launching pppd, opening GRE)

CTRL: EOF or bad error reading ctrl packet length.

CTRL: couldn't read packet header (exit)

CTRL: CTRL read failed

CTRL: Reaping child PPP[10833]

CTRL: Client pppd TERM sending

CTRL: Client pppd finish wait

CTRL: Client 192.168.122.188 control connection finished

Does anybody know how to connect my smartphone to PPTP server?

Edited by Rucha

Guest szpilasty

Welcome all

I appreciate great work with software. :)

Just one problem I would like confirm or deny. I do not have thumbnails after video recording. Already clened Galery data and cache - no effect. Older videos which I took with CM7.2 are ok - I can see thumbinals..

Thank You.

Edited by szpilasty

Guest KonstaT

Since openvpn client is not available in this firmware (why?) i'm trying to set PPTP connection to my router (ASUS N56U with Padavan firmware). Router's PPTP server works fine and i'm able to connect using my laptop.

I've never used openvpn so I'm not exactly sure what you mean. Have you checked Settings -> More ... -> VPN?

OpenVPN binary is included in CM10.1 and our kernel has TUN support. I see no reason why it wouldn't work.

Just one problem I would like confirm or deny. I do not have thumbnails after video recording. Already clened Galery data and cache - no effect. Older videos which I took with CM7.2 are ok - I can see thumbinals..

Thank You.

Yeah, thumbnail generation doesn't work on videos recorded with camcorder. Iirc there was some kind of fix in CM9 and that it worked 'out-of-the-box' in CM10. I'm not sure if it ever worked on CM10.1 or did it break at some point.

Guest Rucha

Have you checked Settings -> More ... -> VPN?

Yes, but there is no openvpn type of VPN connection. There are L2TP, PPTP and IPSec types of VPN. How can I create openvpn connection?

Guest emotty

Today I'll give you a new treat:

This is a JELLY BEAN version, right?

So, where's the Jelly Bean?

You can pet him too... ;)

Just tap 3 times (quickly) on Android version. It's on the same screen as the trick before. Have fun...

Hahaahhahhahaa !!! love these things :)

gotta say this rom is the best android experieince ive had up to now :)

Guest raizor6th

Hi konstaT,

I got one suggestion, could you make the nav bar mor narrower to 24dp or 26dp i mean those dark background of the nav bar occupy more space of my screen even in 28dp i just feel like larger now. I love your work and i don't feel like going into any other rom.

Thanks and cheers

Edited by raizor6th

Guest Mrondo K

I've noticed that there is no 'No Wallpaper' option that used to be there on previous builds under Settings > Display > Wallpaper. Anyone know how to remove wallpaper on the latest build?

Guest KonstaT

Hi konstaT,

I got one suggestion, could you make the nav bar mor narrower to 24dp or 26dp i mean those dark background of the nav bar occupy more space of my screen even in 28dp i just feel like larger now. I love your work and i don't feel like going into any other rom.

Thanks and cheers

Or how about you just reboot your phone (not one of those soft-reboots). Trebuchet launcher doesn't properly adapt wallpaper size to the changed screen size when enabling softkeys and shows a small black bar at the bottom of the screen. Navbar height is correct and navbar is displayed correctly in all the other apps. You need to kill/reload the launcher or even better, reboot your phone.

I've noticed that there is no 'No Wallpaper' option that used to be there on previous builds under Settings > Display > Wallpaper. Anyone know how to remove wallpaper on the latest build?

I doubt there's never been such option. These are the same options that you get when you long press on the home screen. CM7 might have had this option...

That option you used to get because CM Wallpapers were installed which has the option for no wallpaper ;)

This ROM doesnt come with CM Wallpapers by default but you can install it separtely if you want.

Here you go:

http://www.mediafire.com/?dz84ank74xsg1hf

(I have removed the HD wallpapers from it and thus reduced its size)

Guest Mrondo K

I doubt there's never been such option. These are the same options that you get when you long press on the home screen. CM7 might have had this option...

I think I might have confused this ROM with your 4.1.2 version which had the option I am talking about enabled by default as explained by ZTR below.

That option you used to get because CM Wallpapers were installed which has the option for no wallpaper ;)

This ROM doesn't come with CM Wallpapers by default but you can install it separately if you want.

Here you go:

http://www.mediafire...dz84ank74xsg1hf

(I have removed the HD wallpapers from it and thus reduced its size)

Thank you sir :) I was wondering where that option went.

Guest Smart-T

Hi,

I tried that 4.2.2 ROM on my Blade. I like it very much, but it doesn't run smooth on my blade.

So I tried to overclock @710MHz (@729MHz it freezes in a few seconds).

The problem is still there: often delayed response on finger touchs, up popping windows "application closed" etc.

Yesterday I tried this 4.1.2 ROM, and it works perfectly smooth without any tricks @604MHz.

Any ideas, what went wrong?

Edited by Smart-T

Guest raizor6th

Or how about you just reboot your phone (not one of those soft-reboots). Trebuchet launcher doesn't properly adapt wallpaper size to the changed screen size when enabling softkeys and shows a small black bar at the bottom of the screen. Navbar height is correct and navbar is displayed correctly in all the other apps. You need to kill/reload the launcher or even better, reboot your phone.

absolutely yes, nav bar displays as it is and i don't see improper adaptation of wallpaper size since i am using nova launcher :) all i suggest for you is if you could add another nav bar size smaller than 28dp :P

Thanks.

Guest Cata_Simi

Hi,

I tried that 4.2.2 ROM on my Blade. I like it very much, but it doesn't run smooth on my blade.

So I tried to overclock @710MHz (@729MHz it freezes in a few seconds).

The problem is still there: often delayed response on finger touchs, up popping windows "application closed" etc.

Yesterday I tried this 4.1.2 ROM, and it works perfectly smooth without any tricks @604MHz.

Any ideas, what went wrong?

Indeed it is not snappy and responsive especially on touching, but i doubt that 4.1.2 is so different (haven't tested it since Konstat's 4.2 came out)