Signal Boost/UMA on Xolo ICS?

Guest Horsa

Guest Doogie Howser

No, not rooted. The phone is stock Orange ICS as it was when it was returned to me following it's repair. Sounds like I need to start from the beginning but I'm not sure how?

Thanks,

Stu.

Guest BlueMoonRising

No, not rooted. The phone is stock Orange ICS as it was when it was returned to me following it's repair. Sounds like I need to start from the beginning but I'm not sure how?

Thanks,

Stu.

I'm afraid you have to be rooted to push apps to /system

Guest Doogie Howser

Ok, so I need to install the new tool. What do I about the old one, just delete the folder from c:? I'm presuming I don't need to bother with the backup file as I've never actually used it for anything with this phone? Is it ok to leave the Intel drivers as they are or do they need to be installed after the aio tool?

Guest BlueMoonRising

Presuming you're talking about Ricky s aio tool (since this thread is for the signal boost app, which by the way isn't in the Xolo rom so needs to be run separately) then the Intel drivers are separate from the aio tool and once installed correctly wont be touched.

Guest BlueMoonRising

Presuming you're talking about Ricky s aio tool (since this thread is for the signal boost app, which by the way isn't in the Xolo rom so needs to be run separately) then the Intel drivers are separate from the aio tool and once installed correctly wont be touched.

Edit :- perhaps the SignalBoost app could be added to flibbelsans pack in the future?

Guest mmbika

This app requires WiFi connection to function, can it work when you are not connected to any WiFi network or say you can creat any hotspot in remote area but if you do not internet connection to that WiFi network? and

Will this signal booster app be useful for users outside UK?

Guest BlueMoonRising

This app requires WiFi connection to function, can it work when you are not connected to any WiFi network or say you can creat any hotspot in remote area but if you do not internet connection to that WiFi network? and

Will this signal booster app be useful for users outside UK?

It uses the WiFi to send/recieve texts and calls only when there is no mobile signal so no, it wont work without a WiFi connection (which should be obvious to be honest).

"or say you can creat any hotspot in remote area but if you do not internet connection to that WiFi network?", I'm afraid I don't understand your question.

As utternoob says, it's UK only as far as I'm aware.

OK, I was a bit confused as to it if it was going to boost the actual mobile reception signal by the way of very name of it and thought there was some kind of special technology or kernel modules being awakened to boost the reception in fringe areas, something like more powerful antenna!

Guest BlueMoonRising

OK, I was a bit confused as to it if it was going to boost the actual mobile reception signal by the way of very name of it and thought there was some kind of special technology or kernel modules being awakened to boost the reception in fringe areas, something like more powerful antenna!

lol, nice idea but nothing so fancy, it simple uses the Orange server instead of a mast. Similar to how Skype works I suppose.

Guest Biohead

I'm running Orange ICS now and it's working... did you remember to push all the files?

If I remember, rild.conf already existed on my handset but I only got Signal Boost working when I replaced the existing file with the one provided.

Guest BlueMoonRising

Oh, it used to be constant green at home, even with good signal

It should go back to red when your signal picks up, certainly works with mine, it cycles depending where in the house I am.

• 1 month later...
Guest adamwoods96

Followed your instructions and loaded up in CMD but comes up with the following...

C:\SanDiego\tools>adb.exe kill-server

C:\SanDiego\tools>adb.exe start-server

* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *

* daemon started successfully *

C:\SanDiego\tools>adb.exe wait-for-device

Guest BlueMoonRising

Sounds like you need to unplug the phone, wait a few seconds and then plug it back in. You have to be rooted obviously with USB debugging turned on and both boxes in ADB checked.

You know this option is in Ricky s AIO tool now? And he's waayyyy more able than myself. My script was just a cut 'n' paste job to be honest although it does work.

Make sure that ADB.exe isn't already running via task manager if you've used the AIO tool previously, if so then kill it.

• 2 months later...
Guest alvinstarr

Hi all,

I have the OSD (from Orange France) since few days. I have some troubles with the GSM signal then I found your great site and your great tool. I've changed my rom for the xolo 900, I root it, then try to use the (42) option. It never works with the tool, then I try to make it manually and I can't copy files in system/lib directory.

Can someone help me please ?

99617582pb.jpg

Edited by alvinstarr