Jiayu G3 Camera

Guest reganlives

Guest reganlives

I've been messing around with the camera on my Jiayu G3 recently and noticed that it has HDR capability but dont know how it works. Is it a software emulated HDR so that it just adds the effects or does it take multiple shots at different exposure levels and combine them automatically?

Guest putbinoot

I've been messing around with the camera on my Jiayu G3 recently and noticed that it has HDR capability but dont know how it works. Is it a software emulated HDR so that it just adds the effects or does it take multiple shots at different exposure levels and combine them automatically?

As i understand it, HDR is the combination of 3 photo's combined. An over exposed, normal exposed and under exposed combined. So not sure if the phone is taking 3 shots and using software to combine them as you would if you took 3 individual shots or taking 1 and using software to create the under and over exposed photo then combining them. You do end up with 2 pics. Will have to look into it.

• 1 month later...
Guest RussellS

I've yet to recieve mine, as Chinese New Year's pushed everything back by at least a week, but I'm curious about the cameras of the G3..

Are they really as they are rated? 2mp and 8mp? how good are the sensors? TIA

I've taken a few test shots with the camera so that you can see the quality and judge for yourself. As a comparison I have taken the same picture with a Canon Powershot A470 digital compact camera. This is not a top of the range camera but is a £100 7.1MP of reasonably good quality. The pictures on the Jiayu G3 were taken using 'Camera Zoom FX' which was set to 100% jpeg quality. Flash was turned off on both cameras.

Jiayu G3

CameraZOOM-20130215145435992.jpg

Canon A470

IMG_1065.jpg

Jiayu G3

CameraZOOM-20130215143857284.jpg

Canon A470

IMG_1059.jpg

Sorry about the file sizes but I thought it would defeat the object if I scaled and compressed the images.

Hope this is helpful

Guest RussellS

Some interesting results there. Have you figured out the HDR function on the standard camera software?

Not really. I've taken a few photos using the HDR function but I havn't evaluated the results yet. I'll have a play over the weekend and let you know.

do you know what does the stock camera apps last function is for? i've never seen it before in any of the hacked (cyanogen and miui) roms for other phones. it looks like a zoetrope, and it creates .mpo files, which you can play back and move with the phone's gyro.

• 1 year later...