[DEV][ROM][2014-06-16] CyanogenMod 10 (Continuation of KonstaT's work)

Guest Polys Polykarpou

Since the 29/01 build I have really bad battery life. I'm talking about 10% in less than an hour with the phone being idle. I always have wi-fi on. Is this the problem? I didn't have this issue when I gave a shot at CM10.1 and Konstat's 4.2.2.

Guest Roy Fokker

I've been following the work done on these Blade ROMs for a long time, and I've been using this ROM for a long time. It's amazing what you guys have done, and keep doing.

I've flashed the latest version and I'm having problems with FM radio (Gen1->Gen2, 180mb TPT): it starts okay, the app works, the reception is excellent, but when I try to turn it off, it's okay until I try to unplug the headphones - the phone goes silent. When I plug the headphones back in, the radio is playing in the background and the FMRadioReceiver crashes if I try to start it. I have to reboot every time. Am I the only one this happens to?

Since the 29/01 build I have really bad battery life. I'm talking about 10% in less than an hour with the phone being idle. I always have wi-fi on. Is this the problem? I didn't have this issue when I gave a shot at CM10.1 and Konstat's 4.2.2.

Wifi is a battery drainer, but the battery usage goes down about every new android version gb-ics-jb. Also you can try https://play.google....libration&hl=en and after reseting the battery stats, it can take like 3-5 "full" drains to get the best of battery as it 'learns'.

I've been following the work done on these Blade ROMs for a long time, and I've been using this ROM for a long time. It's amazing what you guys have done, and keep doing.

I've flashed the latest version and I'm having problems with FM radio (Gen1->Gen2, 180mb TPT): it starts okay, the app works, the reception is excellent, but when I try to turn it off, it's okay until I try to unplug the headphones - the phone goes silent. When I plug the headphones back in, the radio is playing in the background and the FMRadioReceiver crashes if I try to start it. I have to reboot every time. Am I the only one this happens to?

If im right the radio needs the headphones to work. The receveiver app is at very early stages, you can use the kill button, task killer or force stop to stop it.

Edited by leripe

Guest chgergo

download Blade Checker app from the market and check which gen phone you have. the common mistake is that people try to use gen2 tpts on gen1 phone. if you have tried the other gen's tpt, just simply try the other, it wont start it if its wrong tpt.

also you could just trimm and delete apps from the rom and gapps to make it fit to 138mb like i have.

ű

ű

Thanks for the answer, I have prepared the TPT this way using blade checker.

Btw it says:

European Blade

Syock-win gen2

image.bin style

current partition: 138-301-2

Furthermore I have tried wthe process with a known working "image.bin" file placed into the "image" directory of the SD card giving the same result: when I power on pressing menu and vol up just gives me the boot logo even if i waited for 20 minutes.

It seems the phone does not start anything, just hangs.

May be there is a way to rewrite or repair the bootloader itself?

Guest Roy Fokker

If im right the radio needs the headphones to work. The receveiver app is at very early stages, you can use the kill button, task killer or force stop to stop it.

I know it needs the headphones to work, but when I unplug them, the sound remains "bound" to the radio and doesn't switch to the speaker. When I plug the headphones back in, the radio is still running, and system sounds work. It just keeps running in the background, independent from FMRadioReceiver, and there's no task that I can kill to turn it off, save for a reboot.

ű

ű

Thanks for the answer, I have prepared the TPT this way using blade checker.

Btw it says:

European Blade

Syock-win gen2

image.bin style

current partition: 138-301-2

Furthermore I have tried wthe process with a known working "image.bin" file placed into the "image" directory of the SD card giving the same result: when I power on pressing menu and vol up just gives me the boot logo even if i waited for 20 minutes.

It seems the phone does not start anything, just hangs.

May be there is a way to rewrite or repair the bootloader itself?

do you remove the battery before trying to tpt?

and try doing it with this app: http://www.amphoras....apps/tpt-helper

also for TPT related problems refer here:

Edited by leripe

Guest chgergo

do you remove the battery before trying to tpt?

and try doing it with this app: http://www.amphoras....apps/tpt-helper

also for TPT related problems refer here: http://www.modaco.co...zte-blade-tpts/

Thank you for your answer, It is a good idea to try that foruum too.

The reason I asked here first is that it seems everything goes well until I try to start bootloader. I have used http://www.amphoras....apps/tpt-helper , pre-prepared images, different SD cards formatted under CWM with always the same result. :(

I know it needs the headphones to work, but when I unplug them, the sound remains "bound" to the radio and doesn't switch to the speaker. When I plug the headphones back in, the radio is still running, and system sounds work. It just keeps running in the background, independent from FMRadioReceiver, and there's no task that I can kill to turn it off, save for a reboot.

As long as FM radio is switched on, audio is currently forced to headset, no matter if it is connected. To switch off FM radio, go to the FmRadioReceiver app and press the back button. Not ideal nor intuitive, I know. :)

Guest Roy Fokker

Ah, that's what I was doing wrong - I pressed the Pause button in the radio app before pressing back. If I press back while it's on, it closes properly. Otherwise it just crashes, the radio keeps playing and you can't go back into the app. :D There should be a quick tutorial for it, as long as it's in this state.

Guest Kazekage Gaara

Hi daemond thank you for your and Konstat's hard work!do you experience gallery crash when you take a picture with camera stock app?may it be due to s2e?

I took a few pictures today in the morning and checked them in the gallery. Rechecked it again while replying to this post and no crash whatsoever :)

hey, after brining my blade back to life i have a question to ask. can cm 10 for blade have volume up/down buttons on statusbar/navbar?

i have a tablet (generic a13) and it got it, any way to have it here? :D

Guest sam tyler

Top work on the radio apk daemond(updated both my blades).now if someone could CM10/jellybean the Grand X now that would make my Thursday....but even then the blade just keeps going and going forward .....will this phone ever die? lets hope not!

Guest huibuhh

Erstmal ein dickes Dankeschön an dich, Daemond. Fühlt sich gut an, dass das Blade nun komplett ist :)

Apart from my german greetings to daemond: I can't find the setting to trigger camera shutter with volume keys. It was present in CM9. Is it not present in CM10 or do I just not find it?

Big thanks to the dev(s) for this great ROM.

This is the best GB+ ROM for my V880.

Stable and no random reboot at all.

For V880 user, this is my config:

- 160 mb partition

- 652 mhz cpu

- Smartassv2 gov

- noop i/o sched

- zram 50%

- KSM enabled

- Allow purging of assets

- .5x animation scale

Guest mitchde

May i ask in which cases changing the enhanced features of ZRAM (off, ....) and I/O sched change (BFG, SIO, ...) can be good? (i have an 600MHz/512MB Blade)

What ZRAM does i know in general (using cpu to compressing RAM vs more RAM swapping without that ) , but anyone see diffs in usage ?

Thanks - hope others may be interested. I/O sched may already "outexplained" but at least some comments tro ZRAM would be fine.

Guest mckahuna

Thanks for your awesome work daemond just a n00b question; are there some few files I can add to the system to make FM radio work without flashing the whole rom? Am out of my data plan.

Guest elrond_bs

Apart from my german greetings to daemond: I can't find the setting to trigger camera shutter with volume keys. It was present in CM9. Is it not present in CM10 or do I just not find it?

I think there was never such option in stock camera (at least not in CM10). Just try a custom camera app, I recommend "Camera JB" or "Camera ICS" from Play Store, they have this option and a few more. ;)

Guest Pofka

are there some few files I can add to the system to make FM radio work without flashing the whole rom? Am out of my data plan.

I dont think so. Not only fm radio is updated. Just format system and flash rom. No need for full wipe.

Edited by Pofka

Guest lunario

i had to revert to 18/02 build because with this new build i have same audio breaks (like scratches, hickups) on the mp3 . samething happens with konstat 10.1 roms ( maybe its the new drivers?) :\