[DEV][ROM][2014-06-16] CyanogenMod 10 (Continuation of KonstaT's work)

i used the white clock + transparent status bar + transparent notifications pulldown from CM10 mods thread, then changed the launcher, the icons, put the nexus 5 walpapers and then i installed an android 4.4 theme from the play store

Thanks let me check out the 4.4 theme......

found just this one...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.steel89ita.android44

not that impressive

pl post link if u find any other good android 4.4 theme (CM one not the apex/nova/etcetc shits )

• 3 weeks later...
Guest u116040

While I have a new phone now, I recently reinstalled my old Blade, and had the occasion to compare the different CM roms.

I tried CM10.1 and CM10.2 (from KonstaT, doing a great job) and they are both very laggy sadly, even on fresh installation, but I also tried this CM10, and it's like my blade is new again :)

Guest mnsg1975

While I have a new phone now, I recently reinstalled my old Blade, and had the occasion to compare the different CM roms.

I tried CM10.1 and CM10.2 (from KonstaT, doing a great job) and they are both very laggy sadly, even on fresh installation, but I also tried this CM10, and it's like my blade is new again :)

totally agreeĀ  :)

Guest elrond_bs

Blades are not the same, as strange as it sounds, it's true (I discussed this with other blade owners in another forum). I have best performance with this ROM. CM9 (for example) is worse for me. But for others, it's exactly the opposite. And this is based on very long usage, not just clean install.

Guest Fizziebaunz

Blades are not the same, as strange as it sounds, it's true (I discussed this with other blade owners in another forum). I have best performance with this ROM. CM9 (for example) is worse for me. But for others, it's exactly the opposite. And this is based on very long usage, not just clean install.

I do agree..... am running cm 10.2 and it's smoother for me with 600mhz you can't compare it to any other phone out there

Ā yeah thats true...

i get badword reboots all the time...no matter what ROM

Hehehehehw...... am using holo launcher HD which is already kitkat themed...... and much smoother than Trebuchet....

does it have transparent status bar...if not that doesnt count

• 3 weeks later...
Guest deksman2

That's just the placebo effect..

I didn't notice any difference

Ā 

Coming from KonstaT's ROM Android 4.2, I can definitely say that I noticed this ROM being more responsive.

The virtual keyboard is more responsive to my inputs and there seems to be less of a lag in general.

Ā 

Then again, I noticed that versions past 4.1 (such as 4.2) have been increasingly taxing on the Blade.

Ā 

If KonstaT or someone else comes out with KitKat (or 4.4) for the Blade, there's a chance it will behave a lot better because that OS revision seems to have been tailored to function well for low end devices with 512 MB RAM.

The OS in general should be capable of doing more with less as time goes on - but we do live in a system where the goal is to garner profits, therefore, releasing a more taxing OS in general promotes sales of newer hardware - when it shouldn't be about the OS requiring larger hardware, but being small and capable of USING the hardware its on efficiently.

Guest elrond_bs

KitKat is optimized to work better with FAST devices with 512 MB RAM (the cheaper ones sold today), nothing to do with a 3 year old extremely slow device with ARM6 processor (not supported even in ICS). :D Don't fool yourself, it will most likely be even slower. Optimizations are made for ARM7 processors.

Guest elrond_bs

I still think this ROM is the smoothest and most stable 4.x for everyday use. The others have some issues, getting bigger with each Android version. Also more and more of the best new features Android offers work only with ARM7 and are not available to us.

I still think this ROM is the smoothest and most stable 4.x for everyday use.

I totally agree. Today I tried 4.3, it lags a lot more and is not as smooth as this awesome rom.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It is ok if I use darktremor`s script and app for using app2sd with this ROM, are they compatible, if not please point me into the right direction ?
And one more thing, which governor and I/O scheduler do you advise me to use also which ghz ?

Thx in advance

Edited by 7RA13

It is ok if I use darktremor`s script and app for using app2sd with this ROM, are they compatible, if not please point me into the right direction ?

And one more thing, which governor and I/O scheduler do you advise me to use also which ghz ?

Thx in advance

Mounts2SD worked fine on this rom for me.

After flashing this ROM cant open apps i mean Run&Gun for example is not so much of a demanding resources app and it opens it and after it loads for some time I think the ROM is force closing it or something. Has anyone experienced this ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest coolizard

I must say, I install several ROM's for blade. This is to me the best: not so fast as CM7 but equal to CM9 and more updated. CM11, ... have lag in my blade.

Edited by coolizard

• 1 month later...