[DEV][ROM][Skate] ParanoidJelly2 - ParanoidAndroid 3.+/AOSP- Android 4.2.2 (29/03/2013)

Guest C3C0

Install e.g. Nova launcher. It has option to show/hide search bar.

BTW, false alarm on DPI not working. It's my local issue only after I messed with prefs via Adb...

Guest Franck Black

C3c0 simply thank you for your time and work ... without you and other developers our Skate would be nothing.

I tried to port this rom, but my skills are limited and I had the expected results ...

thanks again ...

Guest banemitre66

Install e.g. Nova launcher. It has option to show/hide search bar

thank you,are u planing of putting google now search on pie controls?

Nova is even faster(more responsive) than default so thank u very much,now its perfect :D

Edited by banemitre66

DID A CLEAN INSTALL, BUGS REMAINS ;)

Bugs:

• Font looks like it's bold. Not everywhere. It's clearly for example in the search bar or in messages
  • Calculator is not working, app crashes.
  • Camera seems to lose it's 4.1 quality - not for sure
  • Pie controls don't have clock etc (/http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1F7l4d3bjFM/))
  • Edit mode in Gallery is unusable
  • Status bar often goes gray & green and then back to normal
  • Although font stayed on the same size (small) when I upgraded, I did a clean install.. and of course, there's no font size menu, would really appreciate ;)
  • Swype not working

Improvements:

• Trebuchet/Nova launcher with shortcut to settings in Settings.apk would be good, the same with ZTE Skate Settings and No-frills CPU.. if possible
    • System settings were amazing, i'm missing status bar settings, navigation bar, power off menu settings, also screenshot.

Will edit with more bugs & improvements ;)

- Font is OK as it comes with AOSP. I haven't changed anything regarding fonts

- Calculator works here. What UI profile do you use?

- PIE - I just used what's available in PA public source repos, so maybe it's not completed yet

- Status bar color switching - you probably applied PA colors in Hybrid properties. Try resetting PA settings. Or disable per-app color for apps that change colors when you launch them

- Why do you need font size? Use DPI settings. (BTW font size is in Display settings)

- Swype in stock keyboard will never work on armv6

- Screenshot settings will be ported later. For now you can use Vol- + Power to take screenshot

- Navigation bar can be set in Hybrid properties / Interface. Set size of navbar > 0

Guest plegdroid
Whoa :) Is it dpi related? Or? I feel like stupid now asking this :D

If that's to me, you've got to put the phone into expanded desktop :)

To view notifications press the notification.

Edited by plegdroid

Guest omegavesko

Wow. That was extremely quick, even for a development release.

I've got an exam to study for right now, but I will definitely be flashing this tomorrow.

@plegdroid

Great :) Never tried with expanded desktop

@all

I was wondering why phone sometimes becomes extremely laggy.

It happens when gmail sync is in effect. Google did some bad job there. I suppose there's some demanding task running on the main thread... Out of my abilities to fix this black box...

Guest plegdroid
@plegdroid

Great :) Never tried with expanded desktop

@all

I was wondering why phone sometimes becomes extremely laggy.

It happens when gmail sync is in effect. Google did some bad job there. I suppose there's some demanding task running on the main thread... Out of my abilities to fix this black box...

It moves the status bar to pie :)

Loving this very much :D

Google now also working :)

Edited by plegdroid

Guest sashko69

Looks great, but for now I'm staying on CM10 version, it's more complete. Ceco, will you continue development of CM10 version of PA? It's almost perfect for my needs, but a little more never hurts. ;-)

Alright, the only thing that bothers me now is the font.

Any help?

Also, i can't access recent menu (long pres home key), it just goes on homescreen (alternate launchers doesn't help)

And I was playing with the hybrid mode and accidentaly i somehow changed menu to 4x4, which is pretty ugly in my opinion. Everything else is fine, just the menu. Solution?

post-980414-0-63081900-1359663115_thumb.

post-980414-0-17964100-1359663119_thumb.

Edited by shaez

Guest banemitre66

Long press power button for the option :)

great thanks,its great only I dont have search on it,how can I change that?

I also dont understand how to access nav bar_tiles?Sorry for so much questions its just that I realy like this options :)

O.K. I got it Up and right usb conected,up an left tiles.

Edited by banemitre66

Guest omegavesko

Is anyone else having problems getting widgets to show up in the app drawer? Some show up, some don't. I've rebooted twice, so I know that isn't it.

Yes. I think it's some kind of compatibility issue in some widgets. Anyway I use nova launcher which allows me to add widgets the classical way - by long touching on screen.

Guest omegavesko

Yes. I think it's some kind of compatibility issue in some widgets. Anyway I use nova launcher which allows me to add widgets the classical way - by long touching on screen.

Ah, alright. Just making sure it's not a problem on my side. I'll give Nova a try then.

Also, if anyone is missing battery percentage or notification toggles (I don't really like Google's implementation), just install Power Toggles from the store. it's a great app.

Guest omegavesko

By the way, I solved my widget problem. It wasn't the launcher (still had the problem on Nova), I had to move the app back to the phone using Link2SD.