Phone Number in About Phone

Guest Dwilkie

Guest Dwilkie

Hi,

Searched through the various threads and couldn't find anything so hopefully someone out there can help. I've unlocked my phone and sucessfully installed the various CyanogenMod incarnations (great work). My only problem has been that since I unlocked the telephone number in "About Phone" is shown as different from my actual number. I'm not sure if it makes any difference but, even if only for the sake of neatness, does anyone know how I can change the number displayed?

Thanks in advance

Dunc

I may be wrong but I've never noticed anything being adversely affected when it was wrong. I poked around but can't find if you can set it in CM10[.1]. I think I had set mine using my Huawei U8160/Vodafone Smart U8160 running CM7.2. The info is stored on the SIM. If there is no way to set it in CM10 then you may need to live with it unless you have another phone in which you can stick the SIM and change it. Hope this helps.

Guest bladebuddy

Press phone icon / menu / advanced settings and then manually put you're number in and it will change in about phone.

Sorry I mean additional settings not advanced.

Edited by bladebuddy

Guest bladebuddy
I think it depends on what ROM you're using where the option is - if it's there at all. Definitely not available in some ROMs on some phones.

Sorry I ment in CM rom's.

I can't see any way to set it in CM10.1. Can't see it under Phone/Dialer > Settings. There's no Advanced Settings there.

Probably irrelevant but on my Huawei U8160 running CM7.2 it's under System Settings > Call Settings > Additional Settings > My phone number

Edit: and on another Huawei U8160 running CM9 it's under Phone/Dialer > Settings > Additional Settings > My phone number

Edited by dalyer

Guest bladebuddy
I can't see any way to set it in CM10.1. Can't see it under Phone/Dialer > Settings. There's no Advanced Settings there.

Probably irrelevant but on my Huawei U8160 running CM7.2 it's under System Settings > Call Settings > Additional Settings > My phone number

Edit: and on another Huawei U8160 running CM9 it's under Phone/Dialer > Settings > Additional Settings > My phone number

On CM10.1 its in the same place (additional settings) only this time all you have to do is tick show number.

Guest Dwilkie

Thanks for all the responses. I'm on 10.1 and all I can see under Additional Settings is either "CallerID" or "Call Waiting" nothing about changing the phone number. I did think the number was stored in the SIM which confused me slightly as to why the phone was showing a number other than my own. I thought that if folks could call me (which they can) then the correct number would also then display in "About Phone > Status".

I must be missing something just can't seem to think what it is.

Dunc

Same here. No Phone/Dialer > [Call] Settings > Additional Settings on my CM10.1 unlike my Huawei G300 CM9. Just Caller ID and Call Waiting.

I don't think that you're missing anything. The About > Status phone number comes from the SIM. Some ROMs don't allow the SIM "My phone number" to be changed. Looks like CM10.1 is one of them unless the setting is hidden or somewhere that I cannot see. In that case the only option is to stick the SIM into another phone with software that does allow this, change it there and then bring it back. Effectively that is what I did because I set the number on CM7.2 or CM9 a while ago.

Edit: I even tried the *#*#4636#*#* menu to see if I could set it there but seemingly not.

Would this work?

https://play.google....g.myphonenumber

Saw it here:

http://community.gif...one/td-p/483867

I don't want to try it as I'm happy with my number as it is! :D

Edited by dalyer

Great - glad to help. :) I guess that the lack of Phone/Dialer > Call Settings > Additional Settings > My phone number is an accidental or deliberate omission on CM10.1 - in general or this ROM in particular?