OEMINFO-Hack-Tool-v10 (install any update.app) [20/03/2013]

Guest jsevi83

Guest jsevi83

Just to clarify (if I'm not being too dumb! :blush:) so using this you can start with any ROM (stock or custom) and baseband version and go to any GB or ICS stock update.app version (and associated baseband) obviating the need for, say, the Huawei official ICS to GB two step downgrade of the 5irom zeroize IMEI approach etc.? If sounds good! :)

Yes.

Guest jsevi83

Will this work with other devices? And it will change the IMEI to whatever you want??

This is meant for Huawei G300, I don't know about other devices, but I wouldn't try it. This tool doesn't change your IMEI to whatever you want. It makes a backup of your current IMEI, then it changes your IMEI to zero so you can install any update.app, and after that you can restore your original IMEI.

Just to clarify (if I'm not being too dumb! :blush:) so using this you can start with any ROM (stock or custom) and baseband version and go to any GB or ICS stock update.app version (and associated baseband) obviating the need for, say, the Huawei official ICS to GB two step downgrade of the 5irom zeroize IMEI approach etc.? If sounds good! :)

Did anyone answer this? I would also like to know.

Yes.

That's great - thanks for the clarification and the work on this. Certainly seems to make such installs a lot simpler. :)

Guest jsevi83

Toolbox5irom makes the backup of the IMEI using three files: 5.img, 10.img and 11.img. This tool behaved the same way, but it seems that the IMEI only depends on 5.img, so I modified the tool to use only that file and released v3. I also did some small adjustments in the scripts.

Guest Maximus9

I think the title of the thread should include what the tool is used for, ie upgrade/downgrade.

Great work, by the way!

Edited by Maximus9

Guest emyjojo

Great tool, I used v1 to downgrade from CM9, but now I'm stuck.Tried the v4 tool on B895. IMEI backs up fine, but hacking the IMEI fails, I have supersu. Debugging on, quick boot off. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks

Guest jsevi83

Great tool, I used v1 to downgrade from CM9, but now I'm stuck.Tried the v4 tool on B895. IMEI backs up fine, but hacking the IMEI fails, I have supersu. Debugging on, quick boot off. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks

The terminal should tell you what is the error. This tool works the same way in GB and ICS, and if you could backup your imei in B895, root and debugging should be working.

Could you please copy what is the error message you are getting?

Guest emyjojo

It fails to create the .check.superuser folder and the last message is 'check root permissions'. I wil give it a try later with superuser, as I've replaced supersu. will post back.

Guest Pain_Deluxe

Works under cm 9.1 r9 but IMEI still show.

install now b888 anyway

HELL YEAH it works. restart and it format cache data ect:D

damn reboot @ android logo? :(

back on gb love ya^^

Edited by Pain_Deluxe

Guest jsevi83

Updated to v7 to kill adb server at the end of each script. I also modified the scripts so they have the exact same format in Windows and Linux, and the messages displayed in the terminal look the same.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest popoyaya

This nearly bricked my phone :unsure:

Firstly it doesn't work with CM10.1, "device not connected, check root"

Finally got it to work with Stock ICS but the IMEI backup it saved was NULL. Luckily I found an old 5irom backup I'd made ages ago.

There should be an option to verify the IMEI backup before you zero it.