[ROM][ICS-B952]Slim ROM

Guest TangerineTractor

Guest phyllocrania

Anyone else having severe issues with Lag???? Typing can halt the device for minutes and general use becomes unbearable at times.

I have this type of lag across all types of ICS/JB ROMs I've tried till today. My opinion, (without any disrespect to the amazing developers who are making fully working more/less bugfree ROMs for our G300) is that it is only GB which makes our phones fly, no matter what. I am sick and tired of changing ROMs in search of a "perfect" ROM since I bought this phone last November. I rate performance over features and that's why I think GB is the best. (Of course, that's just my humble opinion). So many apps are "incompatible" with GB. You can't have Google Chrome, Keep and other such fancy stuff, but at least GB ROMs are lag-free and don't crash. (Not all GB ROMs though, only stock GB based).

Right now I am on CM 10.2 (which is an awesome ROM, btw) but I will to move back to GB next week. 

Anyone else having severe issues with Lag???? Typing can halt the device for minutes and general use becomes unbearable at times.

Which keyboard are you using? stock?

Guest ptoner

Using stock with swipe turned off. yes. thinking of using a gb rom now also to stop the lag. Which would be best?

Edited by ptoner

Guest dalyer

I'm using GB superslim-v1 and it's great so far.

It's a slightly modified version of GB slim-v7.

There's also AtomicMod.

I used the downgrade from recovery zip to revert to the GB baseband etc. because I couldn't be bothered going through the official unlock process (even though I have the code). So basically I did this:

http://www.modaco.com/topic/364973-gb-b895-slim-v7-multibaseband/page-5#entry2157443

I'm not aware of any disadvantage of using the old baseband and haven't noticed any so far.

Hope this helps.

Edited by dalyer

Using stock with swipe turned off. yes. thinking of using a gb rom now also to stop the lag. Which would be best?

Get the Slim GB as @dalyer suggested. It's nearly lag free for everything.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest denzele

Anyone having problem with receiving and sending MMS? everything was working ok until I did clean install of latest version v13 and since then issue started . Checked build.prop it's set to do it auto receive mms =true. All my setings with provider are set fine . Weird

just installed this rom, works perfectly but i have a problem, neither music player nor gallery can't find anything on my device, but i can see music on my sd card, although i can launch songs from file manager...

just installed this rom, works perfectly but i have a problem, neither music player nor gallery can't find anything on my device, but i can see music on my sd card, although i can launch songs from file manager...

Have you given the phone enough time to catalogue the files on your sd card? If not then thats why gallery & music player cant see them

Have you given the phone enough time to catalogue the files on your sd card? If not then thats why gallery & music player cant see them

well 3 hours passed

EDIT: ok it takes quite some time to find music and pictures, but now it's working(this bug i guess is because my card was formatted long time ago)

Edited by Wellus

• 2 weeks later...

I have B952-slim-v13  and think its best.  I tried infusion and its close second, JB I did like, but tried and learnt that for the phone its just not fast enough for it, its not worth the time to be honest, I know I lost about two days trying.

I know GB is fastest but its just too old for my liking and various features most take for granteed just aren't there or in the wrong places etc.

If anyone thinks there anything on ICS better than B952-slim-v13 let me know.

This is just my honest opinion, but since updating to the new g300 stock bootloader thing theres no reboots, which was the biggest problem, though for a beginner I found it little hard to setup, as you had to backup your current rom, do the update bootloader/stock and install all CWM apps and restore it all.  Only problem seen is once I lost my date setting and the caller id still plays up, I think you can set something to stay in memory and fix it but to be honest I don't want to hog more memory then required so just live with it.  

As "Enthusiast" Just said I believe most people with custom roms have hacked bootloader, so install new stock and should be ok

P.S. --  My "Infusion" rom still seem to have better GPS then slim though, not sure why, only thing stopping me putting slim on othe spare g300.

Edited by eilz

i use to have reboots too with hacked botloader. Since i installed "new bootloader that potentialy fix the 3g reboot" i didn't have any reboot.

Unlocking the bootloader properly should have the same effect:

http://www.modaco.com/topic/362821-tutorial-how-to-officially-unlock-the-bootloader-with-definitions-relock-guide-included/page-17

Guest viggen66

Dayler I'm sorry now I understand , actually I still have the original b952 stored on the SD card but don't know how to re-install again the official rom from Huawei and fix the bootloader, never thought it was hacked hence the reboots and signal losses, the first step is to re install but there's no option on cwm or on the phone itself to do that

Dayler I'm sorry now I understand , actually I still have the original b952 stored on the SD card but don't know how to re-install again the official rom from Huawei and fix the bootloader, never thought it was hacked hence the reboots and signal losses, the first step is to re install but there's no option on cwm or on the phone itself to do that

Read the official bootloader unlock tutorial - it explains how to restore the original bootloader by installing, say, stock ICS B952.

You can unlock for free using DC unlocker without waiting on getting the code from Huawei.

Almost everything you have asked so far is already answered here on the forum and I and others have even answered your questions again by posting info and links but you really don't seem to be reading them!

• 1 month later...
Guest doveman

Yes, B952-slim-v11 is out with many changes:

Ouch Kernel 1.4 (thanks kra1o5)

Multibaseband: it works in GB & ICS (thanks Dazzozo)

Power Toggles CM10 style (thanks tillaz)

QuickPanel Settings to configure power toggles

Reboot to recovery in power menu (thanks tillaz)

Caller ID fix (thanks cjcandrei & tillaz)

Default alarm sound fixed (thanks drituss)

Updated SuperSu 1.25

Use Busybox from CM9

Use APN from CM9

LINK: http://www.solidfiles.com/d/297e800ea3/

It's best if you don't change the kernel, since the rom needs Ouch kernel 1.4 to set the correct libcm.so to be used. If you are in ICS and don't plan to change baseband, you could change the kernel, but I couldn't confirm if it works. There is also an app to configure the power toggles called QuickPanel Settings, you need to move the toggles before the app starts working. This only happens the first time you use it, after that it will work as expected.

I can't get this to work. There's only 5 toggles showing in the dropdown, so I can't scroll them (I assume that's what you meant by "move the toggles") and so QuickPanel never starts working.

I've also found if I set brightness to Auto, it just puts it on max all the time.

Apart from those problems, it seems like a nice snappy ROM though.

Guest doveman

Another problem I'm having is that Google Play services keeps crashing and also I get another message about "the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped" even if I'm not in the Play Store but if I do go into it, I can't Update apps as it doesn't work.

Do I need to install an update for gapps or something or do I need to reflash b952-slim-v13 and restore my launcher/apps all over again (I haven't restored a lot of the apps, just the ones I use a lot for now, so I wouldn't have thought any of the apps would have caused the problem)?

Guest doveman

OK, I stopped the error messages by uninstalling Google Play Services and I can use the Play Store now. I think if it's needed, it will automatically reinstall the Play Services and I'll have to see if it still has problems then.

I'm trying to install TWRP from here now http://teamw.in/project/twrp2/136 but when I open Goo Manager and select Install OpenRecovery Script, it says No Recoveries were found for your device.

Has anyone tried either of these and found them beneficial with this ROM?

http://www.modaco.com/topic/365705-tweak-supercharge-the-g300/page-1?hl=slim

http://www.modaco.com/topic/365897-flashable-zip-for-all-roms-2x-and-4x-and-cm10-dazzozo-and-fagulhas-polished-by-me-updated-13122013/page-1?hl=slim