[ROM][ICS-B952]Slim ROM

Guest TangerineTractor

Guest TangerineTractor

Been using this with the supremacy trilogy script over clocked to 1.19 since 5pm.. this is without doubt the fastest I've ever had my g300 running... and I quite honestly try every new rom when it comes out. Battery has gone down about 15% in 3.5 hours on WiFi with average use, bit of browsing etc.

Not sure if the script really makes a difference or its just a placebo, but heck it's fast!

Guest bladebuddy
Been using this with the supremacy trilogy script over clocked to 1.19 since 5pm.. this is without doubt the fastest I've ever had my g300 running... and I quite honestly try every new rom when it comes out. Battery has gone down about 15% in 3.5 hours on WiFi with average use, bit of browsing etc.

Not sure if the script really makes a difference or its just a placebo, but heck it's fast!

I don't think it's a placebo as I have just flashed it and it certainly feels a lot quicker.

Guest bladebuddy
can i use this trilogy script together with supercharger v6 or only one of the two?

I am running both scripts, after flashing the supremacy script it definitely feels quicker then before with just v6 so I guess you can use them both . I don't no if one cancels the other out but it certainly doesn't do no harm.

Guest TangerineTractor

Update on battery usage... was on 71% when I went to bed last night, this morning it had dropped to 65. That's about 1% per hour on WiFi standby.

Excuse my ignorance. How easy is it to go from JB to ICS? Is it just as simple as doing a full factory & wiping and then installing SLim and the Google Apps for ICS?

Guest TangerineTractor

Excuse my ignorance. How easy is it to go from JB to ICS? Is it just as simple as doing a full factory & wiping and then installing SLim and the Google Apps for ICS?

There are guides and it looks quite daunting... but basically you need to root the phone (get a rooting zip on the sd card, boot recovery and apply it) then install CWM recovery ((same procedure) then boot into cwm recovery, wipe everything and install the new rom zip. I never had any issues with this or the wife's samsung galaxy acce, but others have... so be careful! The only way to really install a new rom is to fully wipe it first... but once you have cwm recovery installed, you can take a backup of your existing setup and recover to it if needed.

Thanks for responding TT.

I have CM 10.1 installed already. I tired to install a ICS ROM at the weekend and it worked fine. Until, I tried to restore my apps, contacts and settings then it did not run. Is this because they are all geared for JB? SHould I just import the SMS and contacts and start afresh in relation to settings and apps?

I Have CWM etc and rooted already.

Edited by ptoner

...How easy is it to go from JB to ICS? Is it just as simple as doing a full factory & wiping and then installing SLim and the Google Apps for ICS?

Yes, just as simple as that.

TangerineTractor misunderstood your question. He thought you were asking for GB->ICS way.

:)

Edited by dakok

Guest TangerineTractor

Thanks for responding TT.

I have CM 10.1 installed already. I tired to install a ICS ROM at the weekend and it worked fine. Until, I tried to restore my apps, contacts and settings then it did not run. Is this because they are all geared for JB? SHould I just import the SMS and contacts and start afresh in relation to settings and apps?

I Have CWM etc and rooted already.

Yeah, sorry, misunderstood.

I never try to restore apps between different roms, it's easier and cleaner to reinstall. I don't really use SMS much, so not anything I've ever been concerned about, and my contacts sync from my exchange server.

Ah, thats why it went wrong for me then. Thank you. Do you use CWM to make a complete backup copy that can be restored then? One for SLIM say and another for CM10.1. SO they can be restored when needed?

Guest TangerineTractor

Yes while I'm testing, but I delete them when I'm happy with the one using. I have issues with cm10 that make it not practical for me, so will ditch the backup and I'll wait until a new release to try again.

Guest intensedarkness

Yes while I'm testing, but I delete them when I'm happy with the one using. I have issues with cm10 that make it not practical for me, so will ditch the backup and I'll wait until a new release to try again.

Out of curiosity, what issues exactly did you have with the latest CM9? The reason I ask about CM9 instead of others is because that would be the one which could be compared to this this rom seeing as how they're both based on ICS.

Guest TangerineTractor

On all the CM versions (9/10/10.1) i get this strange issue where if I'm on wifi at home and leave my house, mobile data won't connect and I have to reboot. If I manually turn off wifi in the house it switches ok, and if i'm on wifi at work and leave the office its fine. So obviously this is a major issue for me. To be honest, the only thing that I miss from JB over ICS is the enhanced notifications. This ROM is faster than any of the others for me, including CM9, and is very stable with excellent battery life too. I think a lot of people, me included, sort of want to go with CM just because its non-stock based, but in reality, it's not any faster or more reliable for me at least. There are no disadvantages to using a good stock-based rom as far as I can see. I use ROM Toolbox pro to bin any apps I don't want (gmail, movie studio, live wallpapers etc) and have to do that in whatever flavour rom. All I want is it to be fast, reliable, with decent battery life. At the moment, mu config is Slim with the trilogy script overclocked to 1.19, and it's the fastest and most battery friendly my g300 has ever been. Of course other people have different uses and requirements. I primarily use my device for exchange email, personal mail using Aqua Mail (much better than gmail app, no threaded conversations), Falcon for twitter, and Opera Mobile for web browsing. I have Apex as my launcher.

Edited by TangerineTractor

On all the CM versions (9/10/10.1) i get this strange issue where if I'm on wifi at home and leave my house, mobile data won't connect and I have to reboot. If I manually turn off wifi in the house it switches ok, and if i'm on wifi at work and leave the office its fine. So obviously this is a major issue for me. To be honest, the only thing that I miss from JB over ICS is the enhanced notifications. This ROM is faster than any of the others for me, including CM9, and is very stable with excellent battery life too. I think a lot of people, me included, sort of want to go with CM just because its non-stock based, but in reality, it's not any faster or more reliable for me at least. There are no disadvantages to using a good stock-based rom as far as I can see. I use ROM Toolbox pro to bin any apps I don't want (gmail, movie studio, live wallpapers etc) and have to do that in whatever flavour rom. All I want is it to be fast, reliable, with decent battery life. At the moment, mu config is Slim with the trilogy script overclocked to 1.19, and it's the fastest and most battery friendly my g300 has ever been. Of course other people have different uses and requirements. I primarily use my device for exchange email, personal mail using Aqua Mail (much better than gmail app, no threaded conversations), Falcon for twitter, and Opera Mobile for web browsing. I have Apex as my launcher.

+1 You said in one, fast, reliable, decent battery life.

Have it up and running with a few apps etc. Will save it as a ROM backup once I get it to a stage I am happy with.

Can you confirm that Flash and TVCatchup, FilmOn TV etc all work on this?

Boy is it responsive! WWoooosshhh!

Edited by ptoner

Guest intensedarkness

Interesting. Whats the multitasking like? Say for example when you have browser, messaging, play store, media player and gallery open at the same time in the background, whats the task switching like? That was something which I found didnt work well in ICS.

Guest TangerineTractor

Interesting. Whats the multitasking like? Say for example when you have browser, messaging, play store, media player and gallery open at the same time in the background, whats the task switching like? That was something which I found didnt work well in ICS.

I usually test by switching between Opera, Falcon and Aqua Mail repeatedly, and it's pretty damned good. Virtually instant. Of course, ICS will close processes automatically after a while, so switching back to Opera can sometimes take a couple of seconds as it reloads, but this is faster than it has been on any other rom, JB included.

Just tried Opera, Falcon, Gallery and Play, and they're switching instantly, no lag at all.

Edited by TangerineTractor

Guest TangerineTractor

Have it up and running with a few apps etc. Will save it as a ROM backup once I get it to a stage I am happy with.

Can you confirm that Flash and TVCatchup, FilmOn TV etc all work on this?

Boy is it responsive! WWoooosshhh!

Surely if you've got it up and running you can test those yourself?

Guest TangerineTractor

This is the supreme trilogy script sorry. J

yeah, just realised. Having said that, your link is to V1, and I'm running V3... To be honest, I don't really see how I could make my g300 much faster now, given the physical limitations of the device. I honestly think that this is probably as good as its going to get. (Won't stop me trying all teh new roms and tweaks though!)

u linked to the V1 of trilogy script? why not V3?

anyway, i'll try supercharger together with this trilogy script

i also just installed apexlauncher and its really smooth on this rom

one question: is it better to keep apexlauncher running in memory or not?

Edited by y4ss1n